Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 08:22:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Got Hellboy fig-Now what?  (Read 10376 times)

Offline Plynkes

• The Royal Bastard
  • Elder God
  • I killed Mufasa!
    • http://misterplynkes.blogspot.com/
Got Hellboy fig-Now what?
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2007, 03:16:08 PM »
Ah, uncredited, that would be why I couldn't find him in the cast list at the time.

How confusing. I was certain it was him, and most put out when I saw someone else's name on the credits. Thanks for clearing that up.
With Cat-Like Tread
Upon our prey we steal...

Online JollyBob

• Galactic Brain
  • I've only had a few ales...
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2007, 03:25:03 PM »
No bother. I'm not allowed to play the "interesting fact" game at home anymore, so I'm glad I can be of use somewhere.  :lol:

Offline Gluteus Maximus

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2007, 10:01:44 AM »
Quote from: "revford"
You may find a suitable Liz model in the GZG range, they look a bit 80s compared to the superb Hasslefree models but there is a nice modern civilian selection.

The website is a little thin on pictures so you may want to download the catalogue from the second link.

http://www.gtns.co.uk/store1/commerce.cgi?product=SL&exact_match=on

http://www.groundzerogames.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=section&id=9&Itemid=50

I like the loo of GZG, but aren't they more "true 25" than 28mm? I'm not averse to mixing different sized figures, but they may be just too small - especially as I've been reliably informed that Hasslefree are quite hefty.

Maybe the female figures would fit in better than male ones, given that most 28mm females I've seen are quite large? Some possibly useful as adolescents?

Online JollyBob

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2007, 10:09:59 AM »
Hasslefree figures hefty? Compared to what? 15mm's?

In my experience they are more naturally proportioned than others, certainly not as chunky as Copplestones, although they can be mixed.

The female figs especially are very finely done, I don't think that you'd have a problem with them. If you like I can take a pic or two tonight and compare sizes for you.

Offline Gluteus Maximus

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2007, 10:20:16 AM »
Quote from: "JollyBob"
Hasslefree figures hefty? Compared to what? 15mm's?

In my experience they are more naturally proportioned than others, certainly not as chunky as Copplestones, although they can be mixed.

The female figs especially are very finely done, I don't think that you'd have a problem with them. If you like I can take a pic or two tonight and compare sizes for you.

No, no, JB! Not Hasslefree's females. I meant to imply other some manufacturers make females that are not appreciably different in bulk to male versions, but not them.

I've only recently discovered Hasslefree & fell immediately in love with them - so much so that I'm about to place an order & break my own "no-more-figures-before-Christmas" embargo :cry:

I agree entirely with your post - the error is entirely mine in not being accurate  :oops:  

My apologies and I would very much like to see your pics  :)

Online JollyBob

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2007, 10:33:13 AM »
Ah, gotcha.  :wink: No problems.

Yeah, sure, I'll still do some. I'll do it when I get home tonight, and compare them to whatever I've got lying about.

Offline pierrebi

• Scientist
« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2007, 12:31:31 PM »

Online JollyBob

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2007, 05:02:40 PM »
@ Gluteus Maximus.

Here's the pics. I hope they are of some use to you. First the Ladies:

And then the Gentlemen:

I think you can see what I meant from this, but as ever, my photgraphy isn't all that.

Offline Gluteus Maximus

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2007, 08:58:06 AM »
Excellent! Just what I needed.

I really DO love that Hasslefree Dionne figure.......... I'm going to nick your colour scheme when my own arrives. Shameless :wink:

I think your choice of the Hasslefree "Mad Dog" figure was inspired. His heroic manly frame puts those other wimps to shame  :lol:

Online JollyBob

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2007, 09:13:24 AM »
No problem boss.

If you want the colour scheme, check out the thread in Future Wars again, I put a better pic of Octobriana up and you can see the difference in the colours better.

Thinking about it, snip the gun from Dionne's left hand, and GS on a beret and cigarette, and you's have a pretty good Liz Sherman.

Arse. I might have to order another one now.  :x

Offline Gluteus Maximus

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2007, 09:23:27 AM »
Quote from: "JollyBob"
No problem boss.

If you want the colour scheme, check out the thread in Future Wars again, I put a better pic of Octobriana up and you can see the difference in the colours better.

Thinking about it, snip the gun from Dionne's left hand, and GS on a beret and cigarette, and you's have a pretty good Liz Sherman.

Arse. I might have to order another one now.  :x

Great idea! :)

Double-arse  - I placed an order for loads of Hasslefree stuff yesterday, so now you've made me think I need more of their figures, too
 :x  :lol:

Offline Gluteus Maximus

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2007, 09:33:29 AM »
Hmm, tried to google for Liz Sherman pics, but this is the best I could find:

[/img]

well, this is a better one, but sadly not relevant to the figure:

:love:  :lol:

Has anyone got a good full-length pic of her in beret & coat etc, for painting reference?

Offline Hammers

• Amateur papiermachiéer
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Workbench and Pulp Moderator
« Reply #27 on: December 06, 2007, 10:23:49 AM »
Yes. Selma Blair is a bone fide hottie.

Offline coggon

• Scientist
« Reply #28 on: December 06, 2007, 02:15:45 PM »
Thank's for all the suggestions.  I am kind of leaning towards using Artizan's "Michelle" figure for Liz.  For me at least, the "trench coat and beret" look more than makes up for the fact that she is carrying a sten.

I'm still stuck for an Abe figure though.  Not of the fishmen that I saw on the Frother's Fishmen Showcase look like anything I would care to attempt a conversion on.

What about portraying Abe as a figure in a trench coat with some sort of mask or breathing apparatus?  Something along the lines of a Parroom Masked Minion without the helmet?  Or maybe using a Martian or some other sort of alien?  I must confess that I am totally ignorant in regards to sci-fi figs, so if any of you sci-fi guys have any suggestions, I would appreciate them
"MY enthusiasm greatly exceeds my talent"-Me

Offline Westfalia Chris

• Cardboard Warlord
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
  • Elaborate! Elucidate! Evaluate!
« Reply #29 on: December 06, 2007, 03:23:14 PM »
Quote from: "hammershield"
Yes. Selma Blair is a bone fide hottie.

Please, settle for "bona fide" or "boner fide". Either way, Sigmund Freud must be raving in his grave.