Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 10:31:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690626
  • Total Topics: 118340
  • Online Today: 866
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Conquest Miniatures Comanches ride again!  (Read 7111 times)

Offline Jim French

• Librarian
Re: Conquest Miniatures Comanches ride again!
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2011, 08:57:17 PM »
Now we need Conquest to make Jeff Davis's Own 2nd US Cavalry.

Offline gringo

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2011, 09:06:42 PM »
temptation city!!! o_o

Offline axabrax

• Mastermind
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2011, 04:30:01 PM »
I wouldn't mid seeing some picks of the remastered horses we waited so many years for. How do they look?

Offline Conquest

• Librarian
    • http://www.conquestminiatures.com
« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2011, 09:03:03 PM »
I have 7 sets of Comanche left. get 'em while they're hot!

(I'll have more, but not 'til the new year)

The horses are not re-mastered. These are the original horses that were sculpted way back when. After sending several sets to various customers (who simply emailed me and asked if they could order them regardless of my plans) and having a set painted from two of my painter friends, I was chastised for NOT releasing them. They all insisted that the horses were fine. Some acknowledged that a few riders didn't fit this horse or that, but simply finding a good fit or in a few, bending in the riders legs, fixed any percieved problems I might have had.

In the end, it appears that my extreme perfectionism did me in with these miniatures.

I do plan to do some more Plains Indians in the new year. Lakota and Cheyenne most likely. These riders will be part of the horse, with seperate pieces for casting purposes where needed. We;ll see how that goes.

The Comanche sets are $100 for 21 riders/horses (these all match the foot models, including the characters) and the Comanche Acrobat. The foot models by themselves are on the site or can be added to an email order. The Comanche Riders sets are available if you email me and ask. Shipping is $6 in the US and $16 anywhere else
It's not cheating if your stupid.

Offline Conquistador

• Galactic Brain
  • There are hostile eye watching us from the arroyos
« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2011, 01:44:43 PM »
Ordered.  I already have the foot and the acrobat (I think, we'll see) so this will complete my set and the soldados de cuera will have some hard core opposition.  Yes, the guns will be inaccurate but I will wave my GM wand and pronounce them as the appropriate weapons for the era.

Gracias,

Glenn

Please contact me about the shipping charge ($11.60 in the USA) but don't let it delay shipping.  We can work out something if that is not correct but I want MY PRECIOUS... I mean the figures... in my army box and the price of shipping is not a deal killer.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2011, 02:08:37 PM by Conquistador »
Viva Alta California!  Las guerras de España,  Las guerras de las Américas,  Las guerras para la Libertad!

Offline Conquistador

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2011, 01:59:07 PM »
<snip>
The horses are not re-mastered. These are the original horses that were sculpted way back when. After sending several sets to various customers (who simply emailed me and asked if they could order them regardless of my plans) and having a set painted from two of my painter friends, I was chastised for NOT releasing them. They all insisted that the horses were fine. Some acknowledged that a few riders didn't fit this horse or that, but simply finding a good fit or in a few, bending in the riders legs, fixed any percieved problems I might have had.

In the end, it appears that my extreme perfectionism did me in with these miniatures.

<snip>

As a recovering perfectionist raised by two perfectionists, married to a recovering perfectionist raised by two master perfectionists I understand there a line between achieving near perfection and self-limiting (sometimes self-destructive) perfectionism.  When you cross it can be hard for the perfectionist to determine.

As a war gamer of the Southwest late 1600's to the 1845 USA/Northern Mexico (think Chihuahua to Colorado) and California I have been waiting for these figures a very long time, as have others.  I think any criticism of the horses can be dealt with by waiting for feedback from gamers and, if necessary based on that, then perhaps re-sculpting (spelling?) the horse figures. 

Looking forward to these very, very much.

Gracias,

Glenn

Offline oxiana

• Mastermind
« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2011, 04:42:34 PM »
This is great news – Conquest produce such high quality stuff. I can just seem them riding into view and scalping the entire Boot Hill range.  lol

Another vote for 'Empire of the Summer Moon' by the way – I picked up a copy at an airport bookshop a few days ago and it's an absolutely superb read.

Offline Malamute

• Prince of Darkness
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
    • Boot Hill Miniatures
« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2011, 04:52:30 PM »
This is great news – Conquest produce such high quality stuff. I can just seem them riding into view and scalping the entire Boot Hill range.  lol

lol

Yep, me too, thats the plan (unless of course I am playing the Texians :D)
"These creatures do not die like the bee after the first sting, but go on age after age, feeding on the blood of the living"  - Abraham Van Helsing

Offline Conquistador

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2011, 02:53:24 AM »
The Mounted Comanche arrived recently  8)  and I started gluing the horses to bases.   :)

Uh, you were worried the horses were... what?   ???  These work just fine thank you very much.   :-*

What were you worried about??   ;)

Are they "perfect museum sculptures" of horses?  No... but close.

Are they good?  Heck, yeah.   :-*  o_o

Do some of them looked a little lean?   ::)  Perhaps, but the horses in the movies are not necessarily like the historical horses used.   I suspect that horses fed on grass would be leaner in some seasons and probably not as filled out as today's grain and hay fed stabled horses.

I am perfectly happy with the hoses!   :-*   8)   :-*

Gracias,

Glenn

Offline Notts Gamer

• Librarian
« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2011, 02:42:31 PM »
On a seperate but similar thing.......

How do Conquest Miniatures compare to Foundry Vikings? - I am after some 'indians' to use as Skraelings and I was wondering about using some of the more primative looking Conquest Miniatures.

Cheers

Offline Malamute

• Prince of Darkness
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
    • Boot Hill Miniatures
« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2011, 11:21:09 AM »
Received mine today. :D

Lovely figures, can't wait to get them onto the gaming table. ;D

Offline gringo

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2011, 05:56:51 PM »
very tempted myself .. :)

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
« Reply #27 on: December 06, 2011, 09:53:59 PM »
Received mine today. :D

Lovely figures, can't wait to get them onto the gaming table. ;D

You're going to need to up your painting rate then... What was it? 10 pirates in 6 months?  ;)  :D

Offline Malamute

• Prince of Darkness
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
    • Boot Hill Miniatures
« Reply #28 on: December 06, 2011, 09:58:15 PM »
You're going to need to up your painting rate then... What was it? 10 pirates in 6 months?  ;)  :D

Who said I was going to paint them ;) lol

Offline timg

• Scientist
« Reply #29 on: December 07, 2011, 10:15:45 AM »
Nick, how do they compare to Foundry in scale matey?