Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 12:03:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690764
  • Total Topics: 118348
  • Online Today: 947
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: "And Also After"  (Read 15287 times)

Offline Wraith

• Librarian
Re: "And Also After"
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2009, 04:45:15 PM »
I am reworking my notes to be more user friendly and the 9 chapters to be more module oriented.
I have had a little interest from the BBS, hopefully some of you can enjoy these senarios also.
I will post the writeups of chapters 6-9 when I get them done.

BTW "And Also After", refers to Genesis 6:4   "The Nephilim were in the earth in those days AND ALSO AFTER, when the sons of God came into the daughters of men and bore children by them, they were the giants of old"

« Last Edit: September 25, 2009, 04:49:39 PM by Wraith »
I suppose you will be wanting your ear back now that you have answered my questions -The Wraith

Offline Mainly28s

• Scientist
  • Granddad, 28/8/1944
    • The 28mm review site
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2009, 10:14:41 PM »
I'm one of those interested parties- and thank you ever so much. The pack I received from you is keeping me rather busy at the moment, and is providing good entertainment for my guys (we play infrequently, using Skype, as we're on three continents).
Olaf Meys
admin at Mainly28s.com
also known as le Comte du Flandre and Immelmann

http://mainly28s.com

former user

« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2009, 08:35:39 AM »
Christ, man! Do you expect us to read all this?! :-)
I think it is more "abraham" man, do you expect us to read all this?  ;)
very cool - no doubt this is meant to be roleplaying?

the nice thing is that you can use this story for any century up to the pulp setting, since it begins with the flood...

without wanting to hurt anyones' religious feelings - it looks like someone was bored with his talmud classes  ;)

will Tom hanks come into play at some point? ;)

Offline diehard

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2009, 10:17:04 PM »
I just had no problem reading through this, and let me say what a great read it was. I look forward to seeing how it all ends up.
We haul ours to kick theirs.

Offline Wraith

• Librarian
« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2009, 01:21:58 PM »
Olaf...Glad you are enjoying the stuff, as unorganized as it is...let me know when and I'll send you more chapters.Also, you mentioned posting some up on your page, feel free to post anything you wish.

Other guys: Yes, it is role playing, and my writeups are of the PC's adventures through the "modules" of the storyline.

My origional intent was to have "transportation" based adventuring between the chapters, as the PCs travel from 1 senario to the next using pulpy themes like Zepps, tramp steamers, submarines, Auto Gyros, earth borers, etc, but due to time constraints, I just drew their travel paths on the map in red ink while playing the Indiana Jones theme music  :D

I am sure you readers have figured it out, but the PCs are:

Michael O'leary: Our wayward MI6 operative (aptly named O'(something) in each different senario.

Chang: Our Bruce Lee look-alike

Grayson Frost: Our P.I. type fellow, poor guy, might have to send him to Archam after the adventure wraps up.

Lars: Interesting fellow, an immortal, who doesnt know his background, as he "forgets" every 616 years (I worked a little of Lars into the storyline). Joe plays Lars no matter what genre we play!

Wraith
« Last Edit: September 30, 2009, 01:39:45 PM by Wraith »

Offline Whiskyrat

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2009, 06:12:42 PM »
Great stuff here - looking forward to the other chapters.

Offline Wraith

• Librarian
« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2009, 09:03:13 PM »
Ok, so for those of you that have received chapter 1, either in part or complete, you still need the "Dig Journal"
It happens to be 83MB, (mostly "Drawings") so I cant  e-mail it, as I am limited to 5MB attachments
I may have to find a place to upload it, so you all can download it from there.

former user

« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2009, 09:11:49 PM »
 o_o
wonderful
You want to start an online RPG campaign?
If You invested so much time on this, maybe You should go professional with it?

my respect

Offline Wraith

• Librarian
« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2009, 10:18:56 PM »
Ok, So I finished up reorganizing things, and I will be sending out updates next week for chapter 1, and sending to some of you interest parties for the first time. I noticed a few things missing also that I added.

I may have figured out a way to compress the dig journal so I can e-mail it (HTML and ZIP)

Offline Wraith

• Librarian
« Reply #24 on: October 15, 2009, 01:20:59 PM »
OK, online would just take too much time, as I am still developing new stuff for my players ;D
I think in the future, I am going to organize my stuff in more modular form, so if I pass it on, I wont have to re-work it, like I am doing this Pulps opus.

BTW: Lordblackwing and diehard should have got e-mail packages.

Offline Lordblackwing

• Scientist
« Reply #25 on: October 15, 2009, 02:02:13 PM »
I have indeed received the packet and look forward to more. The layout is better than some "real" supplements I have purchased. ::) Hope you can solve the DIG problem.
A fellow follower of the Lead Mountain

Offline diehard

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #26 on: October 15, 2009, 05:49:28 PM »
Package received here, thank you Wraith for not only putting so much time into this but also for taking the time to share it with us. Besides being a most enjoyable read (and very well laid out) it's jam packed full of great ideas some of which are bound to make it into an epic adventure I'd been planning for a long time. After seeing what you've done here I'm more motivated than I've been in a long time. Thanks again.

Offline Wraith

• Librarian
« Reply #27 on: October 15, 2009, 08:59:16 PM »
Sure guys, glad you are enjoying it.
And remember, the package is only the first of 9 chapters.

When I get Chapter 2 organized, I will be sending it out also.

Offline Wraith

• Librarian
Chapter 6 "Gilgal Refaim"
« Reply #28 on: October 21, 2009, 05:53:34 PM »
Chapter 6  “GILGAL REFAIM”       Note: Handouts  are in parenthesis and  caps.

Storyline 1: Back at their new command post, in Jerusalem, Jacov translates 2 parchments from the Feuer base: (649 WEEK FRAG), (AZAZ’AEL NOTES).  Our heroes determine the first is speaking of the year 1939., the second  details the last of the 6  fallen watchers, Azaz’Ael, also known as Azrael. One contact, has discovered (LIAM’S OLD BUSINESS CARD). All of the previous  research notes are sifted through. (JACOV’S AMULET DRAWING). They discover that Jerusalem may be the epicenter of all that’s going on.  Jacov later corrects them on their coordinates and shows that the center is Gilgal Refaim.

After spending not a little time going over the clues they have amassed,  Our heroes; Grayson Frost, Lars Hampton, Chang and Michael O’Shucks determine that their path lies in search of the Gilgal Refaim ruin, but decide to visit the address on the business card in the old Jewish quarter. 616 Goyim street in Jerusalem first. They find an old residence of Liams and no one at home. Virginia asks a neighbor (in Yiddish) about Liam and is told that nobody has been at home for at least a year and that the house is the oldest in the Jewish Quarter. O’Parsley picks the lock and they enter the premises. ONCE INSIDE, they spread out to search the place. The place seems to be a standard middle eastern flat of  3 rooms, a main living area, complete with hearth, and 2 smaller side rooms.  Lars heads for the far door, and finding it locked, calls  O’Malley over to make short  work of it. Behind the door is a small office, complete with an ancient carved desk and a large barrister bookcase against the rear wall. The large carpet on the floor immediately attracts Lars’s attention,…he likes old musty carpets and such… and he lifts the corner of it with his shoe. Underneath, he finds tessera  inlaid in the floor. After moving the desk, our heroes roll up the entire carpet and find the  (LARGE FLOOR MOSAIC).  On the desk is a mobile that seems to be some sort of planetary model, though the number and location of the planets is all wrong. (ATOM MOBIL)  In the drawers of the desk are some of Liam’s personal papers, letters and such, but nothing of import.  The barrister bookcase holds various occult and holy land historical reference books. Virginia Finds some jewelry and trinkets in a box on the bookcase, and claims a (SUNBURST AMULET) for herself…the green cabochon stone matches the color of her eyes. Noticing that the bookcase is bolted to the wall with brackets, Frost decides to tear it loose to see if there is anything behind. There is, a (SKELETAL FRESCO OF DEATH)  done in the medieval style. Lars determines that it is 500 years old. O’Malley searches the kitchen cabinets, but finds nothing but a few empty jars, some old plate and a mouse nest or 2. While looking up the chimney, he espies some charred paper in the hearth ashes. It is the remains of a  document that refers to a change of legal name from Ivan Draganov to Liam Neph! (NAME CHANGE DOCUMENT). It seems they are one and the same person. O’Malley searches the other room. In it is a large bed 8 feet long. (He short sheets it LOL)  he searches the dresser to find a strange spiral mobile (COLORED MOBIL OF COMPLEX). On the side table is a book written in Latin. (BOOK TITLED: DEATH WAITS FOR NO MAN) Further searching of cabinets and drawers turns up more research papers and occult literature. While looking at the kitchen table, Frost notices a piece of paper under the couch, retrieving it he finds (SOLSTICE PAGE WITH CROSS SECTION OF GILGAL  REFAIM COMPLEX ON BACK). Heading to their flat for the night, our heroes lay out the clues from their day-trip for study. It is then that Frost notices that the amulet has opened and the green jewel is actually a green eye,(AMULET OPENED) looking about. He smashes the amulet in disgust, the eyes of the Watchers are everywhere it seems.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2009, 04:30:50 PM by Wraith »

Offline dadlamassu

• Mastermind
    • http://www.morvalearth.co.uk
« Reply #29 on: October 22, 2009, 08:41:03 AM »
How on earth did I miss this?  It is quite excellent. 

I'd love to see the whole thing sometime and perhaps paly it out with some friends.

Well done - and Idon't mind at all the text presentation.

Thanks for sharing

Alan
'He could have lived a risk-free, moneyed life, but he preferred to whittle away his fortune on warfare.'
-- Xenophon, The Anabasis