Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:27:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Necromunda - Classic Necromunda Figures Project Log  (Read 12679 times)

Offline ATP Painting Studio

• Bookworm
  • I Paint For Money!
    • ATP Painting Studio
Re: Necromunda - Classic Orlocks Project Log
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2011, 09:15:28 AM »
I really like their Diamondplate ones - 25 bases in a pack, too, which isn't bad! I might even be tempted to get some. ;)
I am ATP Painting Studio: High quality for low prices!

I\\\'ll happily paint any model in any scale from any period.

Offline Furfur

• Student
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2011, 08:45:31 PM »
They are great. Go on. We need to see others.

Offline Achilles

• Mad Scientist
  • Heal them, with fire from above.
    • Guerrilla Miniature Games
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2011, 09:44:27 PM »
Just finished painting the four original Necromunda Scummers. Will post up pics later tonight. :)

All life is an experiment.
The more experiments you make, the better.
To see more painted Toy Soldiers, check out my Blog!

Offline Achilles

• Mad Scientist
Re: Necromunda - Classic Necromunda Figures Project Log
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2011, 05:30:35 PM »
I've renamed the thread so I can just keep all my Necromunda posts in one place. :)

Full project log of my UnderHive Scum is on my blog.

More to come!

Also, if anyone has any 90's Necromunda figures, I'm posting up a want add in the Bizzarre of Obscurities to try to get the final odds and ends for this project. :)

Cheers!

Offline ATP Painting Studio

• Bookworm
  • I Paint For Money!
    • ATP Painting Studio
« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2011, 10:18:43 AM »
I've got loads, but they're mine - all mine - and you ain't having any of them! Certainly not my original Ratskin collection (I have all of them). AAHAHAHAHAHAAaaa take that you sump-dwelling spider-hunter! ;D

*ahem* More seriously I really like the pale skin you do, it suits the 'I live in a hideously polluted and extremely dull enviroment!' feel of the Underhive.

Offline Achilles

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2011, 05:47:03 PM »
Thanks man. I like to vary up my skintones from a couple of different recipes every few figures in order make a 'natural' mix of tones.

The Orlocks are done a very 'old school' way. 50/50 Citadel Snakebite Leather / Elf Flesh as a base (basically home-made OOP Bronzed Flesh) up through Elf Flesh and then Bleached Bone for that 'pale Scotsman' look of men labouring in the darkened Ironworks. :)

The more musclebound scummer Nathan is Citadel Tallarn Flesh highlighted up through Elf Flesh and 50/50 Elf Flesh with Skull White. The Drifter is Tallarn Flesh highlighted with Dheneb Stone and Skull white. Tubbs is Dwarf Flesh highlighted up through Bleached Bone.

You can't really tell from the tabletop distance... but little things like that will pop out to ME (and it is a vanity project after all!).

As for figures, it's really just odds and ends. I'm actually not that interested in the Outlanders gangs, just the original five plus the Hired Guns. I'll post up a link to what I'm looking for today. :)

Offline demi_morgana

• Mad Scientist
    • Miniatures, tutorials, gallery, swearing...
« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2012, 05:23:26 PM »
I've renamed the thread so I can just keep all my Necromunda posts in one place. :)

Full project log of my UnderHive Scum is on my blog.

Sorry for threadomancy but couldn't resist:
great job on this team!
Especially considering how hard these models are to get nowdays. I only have the dude with plasma pistol on far right but one day I will collect the rest... Mandatory! 8)

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2012, 08:10:44 PM »
Necromunda was such a brilliant game.  I never enjoyed the add-ons though.  When scavvies and the power armoured "rich kids" showed up - the game lost it's charm for me.  But classic, basic Necromunda, using the first rule book - great game.

2024 Painted Miniatures: 166
('23: 159, '22: 214, '21: 148, '20: 207, '19: 123, '18: 98, '17: 226, '16: 233, '15: 32, '14: 116)

https://myminiaturemischief.blogspot.com
Find us at TurnStyle Games on Facebook!

Offline demi_morgana

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2012, 08:35:05 PM »
Well I can understand Spyrers was a missed idea but scavvies? ::)

Offline Brummie Thug

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Brummies Wargaming Blog
« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2012, 08:50:36 PM »
Spyrer's I agree on a little to powerful done without the armoured suits or augmented humans perhaps.

Ratskin's tribes and Scavvy's where great ideas, Redemptionist's where ok but to similar to Cawdor

Offline Prof.Witchheimer

• Elder God
    • Back of Beyond
« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2012, 08:51:27 PM »
Another fine Necromunda thread, well done!

Offline beefcake

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2012, 08:51:56 PM »
I thought the Outlanders supplement gave the game a whole new dimension. I have the spyrers and used to have the scavvies too.
There is some awesome stuff here. nice work.
Have you checked out heresy miniatures' gangs. Brilliant delaque look-a-likes.

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #27 on: October 05, 2012, 09:34:55 PM »
Spyrer's I agree on a little to powerful done without the armoured suits or augmented humans perhaps.

Ratskin's tribes and Scavvy's where great ideas, Redemptionist's where ok but to similar to Cawdor

The original box game was very good, but then like all GW things, you started to see more and more expansions...and with those expansions "power creep" like always.  Spyrers being the worst of the bunch.  It just lost it's charm when it got too big and diverse in my opinion.  Just got a serious "meh" from me everytime they released more stuff.  Occasionally a great scenario would pop up in WD though.

Offline demi_morgana

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #28 on: October 06, 2012, 04:55:08 AM »
Another fine Necromunda thread, well done!
Thank me for excavation job ;D

Offline Major_Gilbear

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • God-Emperor of Dune
« Reply #29 on: October 06, 2012, 04:11:11 PM »
@ Elbows:

Necromunda always had the concept of a small elite gang , and the concept of "rich spoilt kids" (right back when is was called Confrontation and set on the hive world of Necromundia)... Spyrers combined both in a way that was more interesting than just having two more gangs that were essentially the same as the ones from the main game.

Same with Scavvies and Redemptionists; always in the game as concepts, and they had their themes emphasised to make them actually different.

The game usually really breaks down after three or four games in a campaign, and the Outlanders gangs broke that even more. A pity really, because the way Necromunda was designed and released, I don't think that power creep and rules-driven model sales were the main goal (weirdly!). I think that Necromunda needs a really hard re-write in terms of rules, and it needs to be based on dice with more than six sides so that a single-point stat increase doesn't suddenly become dominating.

Anyway, a discussion for another place and perhaps another time! ;)

As for Achilles' models above, they always have a special resonance for me, as House Orlock were my first ever Necromunda gang! Really super to see them painted so nicely.