Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:37:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686589
  • Total Topics: 118109
  • Online Today: 857
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: project of U-boote's base for SOTR and Dust  (Read 5768 times)

Offline Papa Spanky

• Scientist
    • Geek in the Basement
Re: project of U-boote's base for SOTR and Dust
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2011, 08:27:09 PM »
Love it.
Is the outside ice field (the stuff the sub is sitting on) a game mat? if so whos, and if not please share how you did it.

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
    • Blind Beggar Miniatures
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2011, 08:27:43 PM »
 :o :o :o

STUNNING!

:-* :-* :-*

Offline Weird WWII

• Mastermind
  • Keep it WEIRD!!!
    • Weird WWII
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2011, 09:37:24 PM »
Fantastic!  Ive got a similar project but its more frontier strong points but that sub pen is great.

Brian
Keep it WEIRD!

Offline gamer Mac

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2011, 09:42:11 PM »
Stunning stuff :-* :-* :-*

Offline YIU

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2011, 10:11:23 PM »
Ca dépote !!!!! Super boulot et excellent rendu pour la glace.

It rocks!!! great job and excellent ice aspect. 
I wish I were an octopus to paint more miniatures...Cthulhu must be a great painter

Offline R1artwork

• Student
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2011, 10:30:32 PM »
thanks but calm down, the outside is a work of battleboard gaming. We worked on the base and they worked on ice exterior. But I can tell you how they do, it isn't a map, it's a resin where they give some "cutterhit". They painted with different blue. Finally, they sent to us some packet of articifial snow to repair scratch by used. This one has got some sparkles, the render of their work in awesome. That's why you can see their guest in the video of this link:
http://www.khult-arena.com/tv.php?id_video=8
the base is our work. I've got somewhere in my hard disk some shots of the beginning (for WIP post). Let me find them. The both Uboote type 7 are scratchbuilt by my friend Ednoh (he goves me one of them for my last birthday, yepee). All of us are members of the Team Toulouse, but more gamers as painting contest.
Some pictures with SOTR miniatures on the board very soon (in 2 weeks). Be patient, I must finish my WASP squadron.

Offline R1artwork

• Student
« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2011, 10:35:17 PM »
Fantastic!  Ive got a similar project but its more frontier strong points but that sub pen is great.

Brian
do you have a link of your project. Here in Toulouse we are some "curiousbaddykiddy"! ;)

Offline R1artwork

• Student

Offline Weird WWII

• Mastermind
  • Keep it WEIRD!!!
    • Weird WWII
« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2011, 02:09:38 AM »
Here is one of the strongpoints I was talking about.  It is actually a plaster 1/35 scale HMG bunker made by Verlinden but in the scale we play (1/48) it looks to be perfect to hold a small OP of 5 guys or so.  The bunker originally had a large round parapet where troops would fire from but I am making it a mount for some weird war weapons.  This weapon is a wave cannon by Armorcast.  The minis are Artizan Design minis in cold weather gear.

The back side of it.  I'll cover up the door to the parapet but leave the other one for the crew.

Here is the outpost with the top off so you can see the innards.  The weapon on the parapet is a rail-gun done by Armorcast.

Now since the Allies will be hitting the ice to take on these bases, I though a mobile hospital would be needed because the arctic ain't kind to the wounded or the treating of the wounded so a couple heliborne MASH units dropped just behind the front should help those Popsicle GIs to warm up and get patched up.  These are some kind of building-thing from the AT-Whatever CMG I got for noting on eBay.  The minis are Artizan Designs GIs in cold weather kit.  Might be a cool mission to have a small MASH camp being overrun by those evil Ratzis and the Docs, nurses and wounded gotta fend them off.  Its Radar to the rescue!

Hope it gave ya some ideas,
Brian

PS
If you pal has another U-Boat laying around I'd be happy to take it off his hands for him. ;)
« Last Edit: December 06, 2011, 02:20:34 AM by Kampfgruppe Cottrell »

Offline Willypold

• Scientist
« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2011, 06:49:12 AM »
"These are some kind of building-thing from the AT-Whatever CMG I got for noting on eBay."

It's the AT-43 medic unit container. It came with a couple of unaffiliated doctors and nurses. Both they and the UNA and Red Blok troopers and walkers look perfect with the Dust models (which should come as no surprise, really) if you can find them.

Offline R1artwork

• Student
« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2011, 08:14:27 AM »
it's effectively a container of operation frostbite from AT43. I know that the big weapon is building by armorcast( i just finished this night a scenery with numbered elements of their range "ruined red brick flat"). Love the bunker, totally skirmish!
Currently, I met some problems with hosting image of uboote base (as you can see). I try to register under an another hosting site.

Offline R1artwork

• Student
« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2011, 08:20:04 AM »
in waiting for a soluce, you can continue to see the evo of building here
http://dust-france.bb-fr.com/t333-base-u-boot-za-continu
sorry, that's in french (it's the french forum of Dust). But pictures are multilanguage! :D

Offline Willypold

• Scientist
« Reply #27 on: December 06, 2011, 02:26:33 PM »
A whole forum devoted to Dust? My French isn't really that good, but I can pick my way through the texts with a little help... I will definitely take a look at the site for ideas. Thanks for the link!

And by the way - it's a fabulous u-boat base!

Offline R1artwork

• Student
« Reply #28 on: December 08, 2011, 01:28:03 PM »
pictures are back. The V1 is a modell from a unknown mark, scale 1/48. The launch site is a scrachbuilt with electrical dominos (thanks to Jordiet).

detail of the work of Ednoh (the builder of Uboote), he can do panel control (this guy is totally insane) o_o

Offline R1artwork

• Student
« Reply #29 on: December 08, 2011, 01:32:22 PM »
the front of base

Ubootes in maintenance