Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:48:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: In scale (well my scale) humans  (Read 2835 times)

Offline Conquistador

• Galactic Brain
  • There are hostile eye watching us from the arroyos
In scale (well my scale) humans
« on: December 12, 2011, 01:48:02 AM »
The Elf Ranger thread started me thinking,

In my fantasy setting the world ruling dwarves are about 20 mm tall, the oppressed gnomes and other "little people" shorter, the subjugated elves 25 mm tall, and the (essentially feral or hidden enclaves) humans I want to run around 30 mm tall.

1) I measure to the top of the head (like in real life) so "30 mm to the top of the head" is the target.

2) I want the humans to be "armor light" - cloth or leather armor predominantly.  Scale for Key leader types and Special key characters possibly "antique"/"Heirloom" partial chain mail.

3) No Heavy Crossbows, longbows, or composite bows.  No "involved" pole arms.  Advanced "Technology" was pretty much abandoned as the crushed and scattered remnants of humanity fled into hiding.

Suggestions for lines of figures that meet those guidelines?

Background (draft) - The non-dwarf groups are constantly looking to reverse the perverse acts of history that put them under the thrall of the Dwarf race.  Of course sometimes elements of Dwarf groups revolt/rebel/attempt to change their role in the ordered dwarf society and there are secretive orders of the Dwarf race that feel it was a mistake to subject all other races to serf status or less, some going so far as to believe (even if they are hesitant to state it too openly or clearly) the (apparent) destruction of the Goblin race was a moral failing of the rise of the Dwarf Union to over-all control the "civilized races."

Gracias,

Glenn
« Last Edit: December 12, 2011, 01:49:35 AM by Conquistador »
Viva Alta California!  Las guerras de España,  Las guerras de las Américas,  Las guerras para la Libertad!

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God
  • But maybe everything that dies, someday comes back
Re: In scale (well my scale) humans
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2011, 01:51:26 AM »
I complained about Red Box figures in my thread not being 30mm, but some humans are close and if they're in a crouching position (which hides their head height), they might work. You'd really have to look at the figures individually (the Aenglish and the Njorn).

Also, he sculpts his woman just about the same size as his men, so Red-Box-Games women DO actually work for 30/32mm.

I joined my gun with pirate swords, and sailed the seas of cyberspace.

Offline phreedh

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Carpe plumbum!
    • Phreedh's Ministuff
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2011, 06:43:11 AM »
The setting sounds cool Glenn! =)
Please visit my miniature gaming blog at http://ministuff.godzilla.se

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
    • Blind Beggar Miniatures
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2011, 09:02:07 PM »
That sounds like a very interesting concept and background to the history of your world.
Very interesting, not heard anything like it before.
The Dwarf Folk as the 'antagonists', so to speak could be very interesting........

Going 'old scholl' for the smaller races could be a good option.