Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:19:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686653
  • Total Topics: 118117
  • Online Today: 815
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: [W]Looking for theese dwarfs![H] cash or trade  (Read 4238 times)

Offline Faber

• Mastermind
  • onnivorous painter
    • Faber Ambitious Mordheim Project
[W]Looking for theese dwarfs![H] cash or trade
« on: December 15, 2011, 12:44:10 PM »
EDIT: sorry Hammers, I posted this in Workbench instead of in Bazar of Obscurities... can you move please?
sorry mate... o_o

I found this pic on CMON, it is a Mordheim Dwarf warband by Leszczu. I really love this style and I'd like to find those minis... I'm interested in founding the ones in the red squares. Have cash or trade. I know there is some conversion (especially in the engineer) and I'd like to know where the bits come from.

cheers
Faber
« Last Edit: December 15, 2011, 01:14:42 PM by Faber »

Offline Citizen Sade

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mad Scientist
Re: [W]Looking for theese dwarfs![H] cash or trade
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2011, 12:53:20 PM »
Top is Burlok Damminson, GW circa 2000, without banner pole and a crossbow (from the Mordheim accessories sprue?) added. Centre are out of the box Marauder Thunderers. Bottom are assorted war machine crew with the exception of the bald chap with the eyepatch who's the Bugman's rangers champion. The chap with the double bladed axe is a conversion and he was originally a gun swabber.

Don't know if any of these are still available from GW. If not, Ebay is your friend.

Offline Faber

• Mastermind
  • onnivorous painter
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2011, 01:11:11 PM »
Top is Burlok Damminson, GW circa 2000, without banner pole and a crossbow (from the Mordheim accessories sprue?) added. Centre are out of the box Marauder Thunderers. Bottom are assorted war machine crew with the exception of the bald chap with the eyepatch who's the Bugman's rangers champion. The chap with the double bladed axe is a conversion and he was originally a gun swabber.

Don't know if any of these are still available from GW. If not, Ebay is your friend.

many thanks mate! I know probably ebay is the best solution: now I have some keywords ;)

Anyway, if someone here on LAF has those beauties...just tell me!

Offline Blue in vt

• Mastermind
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2011, 02:43:47 PM »
I believe that I have a few of the Marauder Handgunners I could part with...plus a few that aren't pictured here.\

but are shown here:

...they are amongst my favorite Marauder figures of all...Let me make sure of what I have available.

Cheers,

Blue
My Painting/Collecting Blog: http://bluesmarauders.blogspot.com/

"Jesus weeps when people buy resin." ...Hammers March 2012

Offline Faber

• Mastermind
  • onnivorous painter
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2011, 02:48:10 PM »
hell yeah!  ;D

I'd like to buy your spare thunderers Blue! Check the availability and tell me the price!
For the ones not showed in the pic...probably I'm interested too! If you find a pic tell me...
I'd like to buy some crossbows too if you have...

cheers
Faber

Offline The Dozing Dragon

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • The Little Soldier Company
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2011, 04:11:24 PM »
If you have other dwarves to trade check out www.stunties.com and email Boki Gromdal (Kev) - he has a zillion dwarves to trade  :)

Offline Faber

• Mastermind
  • onnivorous painter
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2011, 04:44:53 PM »
If you have other dwarves to trade check out www.stunties.com and email Boki Gromdal (Kev) - he has a zillion dwarves to trade  :)

thanks mate! But..I'm not understanding exactly what to do on your link  ???
Where I can find the email of Boki Gromdal?

@Citizen Sade: I have found burlok damminson on ebay! Thanks for suggest mate ;)

Offline Citizen Sade

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mad Scientist
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2011, 06:19:09 PM »
@Citizen Sade: I have found burlok damminson on ebay! Thanks for suggest mate ;)
You're welcome and good luck with your project. We'll need to see photographic evidence, of course :)

Offline Faber

• Mastermind
  • onnivorous painter
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2011, 08:27:00 PM »
You're welcome and good luck with your project. We'll need to see photographic evidence, of course :)

lol
you'll see, of course. You'll se the progress in Fantasy section :D
I always dreamed of a dwarfs mordheim warband all made with old goodies from the dwarves golden age  :P
Actually I'm bidding on ebay in berserker mode on.

Offline Citizen Sade

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mad Scientist
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2011, 08:35:56 PM »
Good for you! You might also want to consider these chaps for your vertically-challenged warband:

Drunken Dwarfs! Quite old sculpts by Colin Dixon that fit very well with the Marauder Dwarfs.

These were the start (and end) of my "on hold" Mordheim Dwarf warband. Tragically, I have the attention span of a goldfish with attention deficit disorder.

Offline Faber

• Mastermind
  • onnivorous painter
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2011, 08:47:11 PM »
Good for you! You might also want to consider these chaps for your vertically-challenged warband:

Drunken Dwarfs! Quite old sculpts by Colin Dixon that fit very well with the Marauder Dwarfs.

These were the start (and end) of my "on hold" Mordheim Dwarf warband. Tragically, I have the attention span of a goldfish with attention deficit disorder.

lol
I think this is quite a common problem in the modellers community. :D
but  :o delicious drunken dwarfs! I love the first one on the right, really perfect! Very nice paintjob mate.
Now I have to search for them...mate, you gave the final hit to my poor budget showing me this chaps!
cheers!

Offline The Dozing Dragon

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • The Little Soldier Company
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2011, 02:01:15 AM »
thanks mate! But..I'm not understanding exactly what to do on your link  ???
Where I can find the email of Boki Gromdal?

On his trade pages. bokigromdal@stunties.com .............might have been easier if I'd posted it first  :D

Offline GemGames

• Bookworm
    • Gem Games & Hobbies
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2011, 02:03:08 AM »
Hiya--I have a spare Thunderer #9. It is unpainted, but based. Not sure if it is worth the postage from the US for a single fig, but let me know if you are interested?

Offline Blue in vt

• Mastermind
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2011, 03:29:38 PM »
Ok...here are the thunderers I have to spare...they are painted to a middling standard...I have since moved onto a different color scheme with my thunderers but can't bring myself to strip these guys...so you'll have to do it yourself if you want them.  As you can see there are 7 total but only 5 unique sculpts...I'm willing to split those out if you only want the unique ones. (sorry for the crappy picture...I snapped with my phone in a hurry this morning)

FYI I think I also have the drunk shown above on the left who is leaning on his crossbow and drinking his beer.

Let me know if you are interested and I'll quote you a price via PM.

Cheers,

Blue

Offline Faber

• Mastermind
  • onnivorous painter
« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2011, 10:49:29 AM »
Hiya--I have a spare Thunderer #9. It is unpainted, but based. Not sure if it is worth the postage from the US for a single fig, but let me know if you are interested?

hey mate! try to shoot me a price of model plus shipping!

@Bleu in vt: sorry mate, but I do not never buy painted minis :( Those models are exactly what I was searching for but I'm mainly interested in painting and I hate to strip minis! BTW is the drinking chap you have painted too? If not how much model plus shipping?

Cheers
Faber