Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:09:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: 28mm Plains Indians  (Read 6442 times)

Offline Gibby

• Scatterbrained Genius
28mm Plains Indians
« on: January 01, 2012, 08:45:35 PM »
Hi guys,

I'm planning on getting a bit of a Little Big Horn collection together to play with the Frontier supplement for LoToW, and wondered if I could get some figure recommendations for the Indians.

I know Foundry do Plains Indians, and they look nice, but the range isn't massive and is rather expensive. I do intend to use a mixture of Foundry and Artizan for the 7th Cavalry, but could do with quite a lot of Indians so need some more variation if possible.

Thanks in advance :)

Offline Lowtardog

• Galactic Brain
Re: 28mm Plains Indians
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2012, 09:32:41 PM »
Dixon have some fairly ok plains indians a little more old school sculpting but mix in.

What you cuold do also is pick up some of their shields to modify their plains indians. Conquest have Comanche if you arent too worried about mixing tribes and Old glory have shed loads but not too sure on quality.

I have a load of mounted foundry indians (around a 100 +) which I am planning on putting on e-bay plus all the 7th cavalry mounted and dismounted if you are interested.

Mounted at £1.50 a piece and for the mounted cavalry and dismounted counter part £2.00 if you fancy that? :D

Offline Johnno

• Mastermind
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2012, 09:36:15 PM »
Old Glory have a pretty decent range but are listed as 25mm. I don't know how they would compare. But 30/$35.00 would fill out a horde quickly. And not all Plains Indians would be the same size

Conquest Miniatures have some Comanche. Sculpts look good. At 6/$15.00 still cheaper that Foundry but only 3 packs of warriors and two personality packs.

Lowtar you beat me...oh well
Yearly painting challenges only show me how useless I am at painting...

Offline Gibby

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2012, 09:53:36 PM »
Dixon have some fairly ok plains indians a little more old school sculpting but mix in.

What you cuold do also is pick up some of their shields to modify their plains indians. Conquest have Comanche if you arent too worried about mixing tribes and Old glory have shed loads but not too sure on quality.

I have a load of mounted foundry indians (around a 100 +) which I am planning on putting on e-bay plus all the 7th cavalry mounted and dismounted if you are interested.

Mounted at £1.50 a piece and for the mounted cavalry and dismounted counter part £2.00 if you fancy that? :D

Dear god yes. PM incoming for you!

Also, thanks guys :)

Offline duhamel

• Mastermind
  • voyageur
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2012, 11:57:09 AM »
“Le courage consiste à avoir peur mais à continuer tout de même.”

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\" The courage consists in being afraid but in continuing all the same. \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"

Offline oxiana

• Mastermind
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2012, 12:57:04 PM »
old glory   ;)

http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=20892.0

Hadn't seen those before – great paint jobs. Those minis are a lot better than I would have expected. Old Glory really would do themselves a few favours if they put proper pics on their website.  ;)

Offline Jim French

• Librarian
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2012, 08:06:34 PM »
Gibby,
Go with Conquest.  Most wasicun won't know the difference between Comanche and Lakota.  Just make sure you use the proper decoration.  Lakota often had porcupine quill decorated mocassins, with double parfleche soles.

Offline Quendil

• Mastermind
    • Quendil's World
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2012, 11:00:52 PM »
I have quite a lot of the foundry plains, apaches, cavalry and old west and I am very happy with the quality of the sculpts.   I also have Dixons ACW armies and find this to be very good as well.  I have a few old glory acw but don't think much to them.  The problem with foundry is they are so expensive now, I brought mine years ago.  I don't have any Conquest yet but they do look good!

Offline Brian Smaller

• Mad Scientist
    • The Woolshed Wargamer
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2012, 12:01:16 AM »
Hadn't seen those before – great paint jobs. Those minis are a lot better than I would have expected. Old Glory really would do themselves a few favours if they put proper pics on their website.  ;)

Amen to that.

Offline War In 15MM

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2012, 03:49:26 PM »
You're obviously focused on 28s but 15mm/18mm offer a nice option since the new Blue Moon figures came out.  I did my plains war figures in 15s many years ago and really love them.  You can see mine at www.warin15mm.com/Little-Big-Horn-Gallery.html

Offline Gibby

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2012, 08:47:27 PM »
Gibby,
Go with Conquest.  Most wasicun won't know the difference between Comanche and Lakota.  Just make sure you use the proper decoration.  Lakota often had porcupine quill decorated mocassins, with double parfleche soles.

Thanks for the tips :)

You're obviously focused on 28s but 15mm/18mm offer a nice option since the new Blue Moon figures came out.  I did my plains war figures in 15s many years ago and really love them.  You can see mine at www.warin15mm.com/Little-Big-Horn-Gallery.html

I have seen your gallery, and I love it. It has set me onto doing a 15mm Little Big Horn project at some point in the future. Minifigs should pay you for the use of those pics on their site, as currently there's no pictures of their Old West stuff.

Offline War In 15MM

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2012, 11:09:14 PM »
Gibby, thank you for the very generous words.  Richard