Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 12:47:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: 6x6 Rapid Assualt Vehicle: comparisons...  (Read 2894 times)

Offline dwartist

• Mastermind
    • DWARTIST'S PAINTING BLOG
6x6 Rapid Assualt Vehicle: comparisons...
« on: January 19, 2012, 05:56:35 PM »
...from Secret Weapon. Review on the Blog http://dwartist.blogspot.com/2012/01/this-is-nice.html
« Last Edit: January 20, 2012, 11:22:46 AM by dwartist »

Offline Dentatus

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Stalker7.com
Re: 6x6 Rapid Assualt Vehicle....
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2012, 06:42:22 PM »
Thanks for the reminder. Very nice vehicle. I'm looking forward to your brushwork.

Offline dwartist

• Mastermind
    • DWARTIST'S PAINTING BLOG

Offline dijit

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • And when Eric eats a banana...
Re: 6x6 Rapid Assualt Vehicle: comparisons...
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2012, 12:15:13 PM »
They do look very nice. Pity about the customs, having been got once it sort of puts me off ever buying anything from outside the EU.
Duncan

Offline von der Tann

• Scientist
  • "Viel Feind - viel Ehr!" - Georg von Frundsberg
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2012, 03:16:44 PM »
I got mine today ... from customs ... ;D ... guess European customs is quite focussed on stuff from the U.S.

I only ordered one as I had never ordered from secret weapons miniature before. Now I could hit myself repeatedly with a stick as the mini - i.m.h.o. - is quite outstandig.
Cleanly cast, very detailed. I am in love with it and now I only got one. Should've done the same as dwartist and order a whole frigging shipping container full of them.

Oh well, next time maybe. For now it is being admired and will probably land next to the lead mountain forming a solid basis of the resin mountain of things bought and taking ages to complete.

von der Tann
"Viel Feind - viel Ehr!"
(Georg von Frundsberg, 1473 - 1528)

Offline Dr.Falkenhayn

• Mastermind
  • guckst du?
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2012, 06:33:19 PM »
iam still unsure  ::) The Price seems a bit high to me compared to other APCs like the Old Crow,Daemonscape or Fenris ones.The Design of the Vehicle is very nice quite a unique Look-but i think the G.O.T one looks Way better in the Comparsion Shot...
Like i said still unsure if i really need this one  ???

Offline Connectamabob

• Mastermind
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2012, 01:07:24 AM »
Looks interesting. I'm not sold on it for a couple reasons*, but I'm very glad there are more companies making vehicles.

*Something I've noticed with several companies that use 3D printing for their masters is lazy design and cleanup of surfaces. The 3D meshes are too low res, resulting in noticeably polygonal curves (like on the muffler tube thingy on the back of this vehicle, for instance), and they never take the time to fill/sand the printed surfaces. That stuff really should not be making it into the final casts, IMO. These aren't video game meshes, so there's no reason to be that stingy with the mesh resolution, and just plopping the parts into the rubber without addressing print lines or sandy/pebbly sintered material textures is lazy and unprofessional.

Also the design doesn't look at all sci-fi to me. It just looks like a hypothetical nonexistent modern (or even outdated) AFV. Cool for a weird/alt-cold war type setting, but not for anything futuristic. Old Crow and to an only slightly lesser degree GOT both have the same problem. Not to say it doesn't look good, just not sci-fi.
History viewed from the inside is always a dark, digestive mess, far different from the easily recognizable cow viewed from afar by historians.

Offline von der Tann

• Scientist
  • "Viel Feind - viel Ehr!" - Georg von Frundsberg
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2012, 08:16:37 AM »
I got a newsletter from CMON this morning, which stated that they are selling Secret Weapons 6x6 Rapid Assault Vehicle.
(I don't seem to be able to link their shop as their website keeps telling me I possibly misspelled the link ... even with copy & paste ...  :o )

Anyway, I thought that the kit was a "directly sold only" item. Does anyone know if Secret Weapon have changed their policy on this one and if there is already a European seller? I would love to order more, but customs kinda discouraged me with taxes and the average 2 hour wait at their office.  >:(

Offline zizi666

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • My Photobucket page
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons,
for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Photobucket: http://s1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd388/zizi666/
BGG: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/zizi666

Offline Dentatus

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Stalker7.com
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2012, 01:44:26 PM »
Got mine yesterday, assembled last night. Up-gunned it a tad.

Very sexy. You want one.

Offline Ironworker

• Mastermind
    • http://ironworkersminiatures.blogspot.com/
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2012, 12:12:52 AM »
I have one.  I just need to put it together and paint it.