Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 11:11:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: The Lead Painters' League Season 6  (Read 99094 times)

Offline LeadAsbestos

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • When the Hurlyburly's Done...
Re: The Lead Painters' League Season 6
« Reply #435 on: May 04, 2012, 04:05:16 PM »
Round 10 is away! Thank you everyone for a fun LPL! Now to wait, admire, and see how badly I get kicked this week! ;)

Offline Za Zjurman

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #436 on: May 04, 2012, 05:11:12 PM »
PFFFFFF round 10 away o_o. I didn't manage to paint two entire teams but I did manage to paint a large(ish) vessel. Gentlemen it has been an honour painting with you this year. Now I can finally go to bed and get some sleep lol

Offline phreedh

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Carpe plumbum!
    • Phreedh's Ministuff
« Reply #437 on: May 04, 2012, 05:52:28 PM »
I fold, no round 10 from me. =( Was fun though, and I managed more new teams than I thought I'd be able to.
Please visit my miniature gaming blog at http://ministuff.godzilla.se

Offline syrinx0

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #438 on: May 05, 2012, 02:14:01 AM »
Round 10 off and accepted. Very strange feeling not having to paint to meet next week's deadline.  :)
2024: B: 0; P: 148; 2023: B:77; P:37;

Offline Dr Mathias

• LPL Champion (S6,S7) Bronze Medalist (S5)
  • Galactic Brain
  • Purveyor of the one-and-only Miracle Elixir!
    • Dr. Mathias's Miniature Extravaganza
« Reply #439 on: May 05, 2012, 05:12:37 AM »
Very strange feeling not having to paint to meet next week's deadline.  :)

Agreed! Hard to believe we've been at this for almost 1/4 of a year  ;)

Round 10 sent in... what a challenging bonus theme! Getting an entire boat in the picture while producing a quality image is quite a task. I made several new scenery pieces and after several lackluster photo shoots trying include them, ended up not using them at all.

Can't wait to see the entries for this round!
a mixture of quick parts, sarcastic humour, reserve, and caprice.
Dr. Mathias's Miniature Extravaganza

Offline abu iskander

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #440 on: May 05, 2012, 05:29:16 AM »
I went with the ship-on-the-horizon approach and used about 6 feet of ocean board behind my focus scene to make it look convincing.  Not yet sure if the ship in the distance meets the bonus criteria. Framing it all just right took some time, to be sure.

I expect we will see some very cool entries this round.

Offline valleyboy

• Mad Scientist
    • Valleyboy's Wargames
« Reply #441 on: May 05, 2012, 06:06:12 AM »
Best wishes to all for the last slog
No ship from me but hopefully a large enough creature that counts instead
I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colours. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns. - Winston Churchill

Offline Laughing Ferret

• Scientist
    • Laughing Ferret Lab Hobby Blog
« Reply #442 on: May 05, 2012, 06:48:55 AM »
Agreed! Hard to believe we've been at this for almost 1/4 of a year  ;)

Round 10 sent in... what a challenging bonus theme! Getting an entire boat in the picture while producing a quality image is quite a task. I made several new scenery pieces and after several lackluster photo shoots trying include them, ended up not using them at all.

Can't wait to see the entries for this round!

You're not kidding.  Trying to photo my entry busted my butt.  I spent hours in the back yard, setting it up, trying different angles, etc. But I have lots of fun pictures and different angles for myself for afterwards. 

I got mine finished and sent in. I think of all the entries I have done, I enjoyed working on this one the most.

I still have about 4 or 5 teams I'd have enjoyed painting for this, but doubt I can wait till next year to do them. Next week I'm sure I'll be going into LPL withdrawl.
"If History teaches us anything, it is that people don't really learn from history."

Hobby Pledge 2014: Bought: .  Painted: . (Pure hobby: no commissions included)
Hobby Blog is here: http://laughingferret.blogspot.com/
Commission Studio is here: http://www.laughingferretstudio

Offline artshiraz

• Scientist
    • http://miniatures.mehlinger.net/
« Reply #443 on: May 05, 2012, 09:46:35 AM »
Greetings

for the best or the worst, my entry is done .. and sent according to my computer at 11:30 precisely  o_o This was really too close for comfort.

Unfortunately my picture setup didn't work at all and after taking lots of pictures (all of them too dark) most of them out of focus, I made an In-the-ranks-Picture. Not really happy as I had such a great idea for a setup  :'(

For what it is worth, my entry is now done and so is the LPL. Well the work for the LPL I mean  ;)

Since I painted and photographed since 5:30 this morning I will now take a deserved break. This afternoon I will try to make a general LPL6 Picture. I saw one of those last year and thought it was a great idea, placing all the minis, the terrain, the achievement of ten weeks in one place .. and showing it.

It was great while it lasted, but on the other hand I'm not sad that work on the LPL finishes now. A new project is knocking (very hard) and I'm already very keen starting that one.

Then of course there are the teams not finished who will wait accomplishment. Oh yes. Always something to do .. but that is one of the things I find great on this hobby of ours.

Cheers
Jo
« Last Edit: May 06, 2012, 07:00:21 AM by artshiraz »
50°17\\\'60N  8°16\\\'0E

Offline Blue in vt

• Mastermind
« Reply #444 on: May 05, 2012, 10:55:41 AM »
Well...I sent something in...not the entry I was hoping for :( illness got the better of me this week so what I shot and sent was the bare minimum.  But...submitting ten new teams is a goal that I really wanted to achieve again this year...so as crappy as it is...it's done...and so am I.

Thanks for a great ride all.  As usual I have learned a lot and already have some ideas for next year.

Cheers,

Blue
« Last Edit: May 05, 2012, 08:40:06 PM by Blue in vt »
My Painting/Collecting Blog: http://bluesmarauders.blogspot.com/

"Jesus weeps when people buy resin." ...Hammers March 2012

Offline alone_withmyaxe

• Scientist
  • Cthulhu Hunter
    • My Minotaur army is only getting larger
« Reply #445 on: May 05, 2012, 12:07:17 PM »
All done!

Been amazing this year have managed to hit all 10 rounds, although it was a little close on some. Can't wait to see what people have done, sounds like there is going to be a actual armada if you put all the boats together!
Feel a bit guilty i haven't done a boat now!

Good luck to everyone and Can't wait till tomorrows show!
Saving the last bullet... just in case.

See my wonderful BLOG of stuff!

Offline mikedemana

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Investigating curiosities around the globe...
    • Worldwidemike
« Reply #446 on: May 05, 2012, 03:46:45 PM »
Hi everyone,

It is kind of sad thinking that we won't be doing this for awhile after this week.  However, last night about killed me getting my entry done.  I started working on it to finish it at 7pm and was at it until 430 am.  Crazy.  It turned out okay -- not exactly like I'd imagined, but still I think the "scene" is pretty cool.

Good luck everyone!

Mike Demana

Offline Thantsants

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Somewhere the tea's getting cold...
« Reply #447 on: May 05, 2012, 05:04:34 PM »
Had a similar experience Mike - only all nighter I had to pull!  ::)

Can't wait to see what tomorrow brings - all the best one and all!

Offline Thargor

• Mastermind
« Reply #448 on: May 05, 2012, 06:15:23 PM »
This one really was too close for comfort - hope my entry made it.   Had to make a mad dash into Reading (30 minutes away) this morning to get enough paint to finish the ship.  Was still uploading the pictures onto my laptop at 1145  :o

Good luck everybody, it's been a pleasure taking part in this with you.

Offline elysium64

• Potatoe Cup Holder 2010
  • Mastermind
« Reply #449 on: May 05, 2012, 08:32:46 PM »
Like many my grand plans for this round failed to come to fruition, managed one team a boat and a baseboard, the other boat and team proved to be impossible to beat time limit on. so folks will see my intended entry in a couple of weeks time.
I have really enjoyed my first LPL, only failed the new team on one round, but as I started a new job about a couple of weeks in, I am very pleased with what I have produced, easily exceeding my painting totals for the last couple of years combined. I am definitly in for next year, but will prepare more and take away and put into action much inspiration from this competition.
It has been an honour sharing the stage with such talented and honourable gentlemen. I would like to thank Ray and Alex for putting it all together, and everyone else for making it so much fun.
See you all next year(The trophy will mine , Mwahahaha.......................................)