Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 08:36:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686623
  • Total Topics: 118114
  • Online Today: 777
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: "28mm Pirate Ship Coming Together" Update at Maksi  (Read 10582 times)

Offline Redmist1122

• Scientist
Re: "28mm Pirate Ship Coming Together" Update at Maksi
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2015, 10:06:45 PM »
Too bad, the ship looked like it was getting off to a great start...Thanks.
Greg P.
Tucson, AZ, USA

Offline ffrum

• Librarian
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2015, 04:42:36 PM »
Redmist1122,
I have two of those ships (Adventure Galleys) in my stack of to-do projects.  I have been accumulating ships and buildings and figures for pirates games for literally years with little progress accomplished.

I plan to begin work on the pirate game soon, and that will include modifying the ships I have collected.  It will prove to be extensive. The adventure galley(s) will be modified to add additional sterncastle height and rigging modifications for playability.  I will post photos of the work once it is begun.

To see the extent of the scope of my affliction I offer the information below.

I have been more recently busy with F&IW and ACW periods.  If you would like to see other things I have built look on LAF at Fort Duquesne (F&IW).  There are other postings on three steamboats I built for a "Destroy the Hunley" game. Two are pictured in (Paddlesteamer) on LAF.  That was a what-if raid by Union troops on a Confederate shipyard with the Hunley in dry dock, before it was to be launched (see all three in Raid on the Confederate River Port).  Also there is (John Brown attempts to capture Harper's Ferry) a topic with some pictures of a game of the fighting in Harper's Ferry between John Brown and militia and U.S Troops.

Offline War In 15MM

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2015, 05:57:30 PM »
Redmist, Old Coast did a wonderful modification of a toy pirate ship (the Black Pearl) that was marketed by Disney at the time of the first or second Pirates of the Caribbean film.  His ship is called The Griffon and is posted on the LAF Related Topics below.  His work inspired me and over time I managed to get each of the different pirates ships marketed by Disney with the release of three of the Pirates of the Caribbean films.  They work great with 28mm figures.  You can see what I did with mine at www.warin15mm.com/Pirates.html

Offline War In 15MM

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2015, 06:00:30 PM »
To save you time when looking at the ship posted in my gallery (address in reply above), the ships pics are found in pics 38-41, 46-53 and 68-75.  I intended to provide this information in my previous reply buy forgot.  Sorry about that.  Richard

Offline Redmist1122

• Scientist
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2015, 03:38:42 AM »
@ ffrum - Are those ships still available, the Adventure Galley?

@ War in 15mm - I bookedmarked your site from an earlier post, and man what a great looking set up.  As of late, I've been adding interior decor to my buildings.  I went as far as adding pictures and maps and other odds and ends.  Your ships are done very well.  I like the wooden tecture the boats have.  Speaking of boats, I am very interested in getting some of theose rowboat crews.  Both sitting (soldiers) and the rowers, are they still available? I placed my audience, Govenor and the four string quartet + the other muscians in the Govenor's Mansion.  I just finished up my brothel...or so I thought.  I like the idea of depicting a party in the quartyard scene...will have to add something like that to my courtyard too.

Thanks!

Offline War In 15MM

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2015, 03:57:36 AM »
Redmist, the figures in the boats that have seated soldiers and rowers are London War Room.  I think that company is out of business, but the figures are available from another source.  I did not get mine from London War Room.  Right off the top of my head, I can't remember who I got them from, but I'll check around and see if I can come up with the place I got them.  It is possible, even likely, that others on LAF know a current source for those London War Room figures.  My impression (just an impression) is that company/source I got them from received the rights to produce them from London War Room as payment for debts owed... as I said, this is just an impression. 

Offline War In 15MM

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2015, 04:05:24 AM »
Redmist, I got lucky right away and found my source for the seated soldiers and rowers.  My source for the London War Room figures was Dayton Painting Consortium.  The individual who ran it when I ordered my figures was Richard Masse... very helpful guy.  The figures came from the London War Room Seven Year War Spanish line of figures.  As I recall they were very reasonably priced.  Richard

Offline ffrum

• Librarian
« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2015, 09:59:23 PM »
@ ffrum - Are those ships still available, the Adventure Galley?

I obtained the Adventure Galleys from Old Glory some time ago.  You could contact them to see if these castings are still available.  You can call them or contact them via email through their web site.  http://oldglory25s.com/
Good luck,
Curt