Forum > Pikes, Muskets and Flouncy Shirts

25mm/28mm scale Naval Cannon

(1/7) > >>

Mako:
There are a number of manufacturers who produce some nice 25mm and 28mm scale naval cannons and swivel guns, but not all of them have pics, and I've yet to see any really good, side by side comparisons of them, so thought I'd kick off this topic, in case others are looking for weapons to outfit their vessels, forts, or shore batteries.

Any pics people can provide of their various favorites will be greatly appreciated.  You can even include pics of carronades, and mortars/bombards too, if you'd like, since they'll probably be useful too.

I'm especially interested in photos of the various 25mm/28mm naval cannons available from Old Glory.

Perhaps this can be added as another topic, for reference, at the top of the message lists, since I imagine it will be useful for many.

To kick things off, one of my favorite cannon manufacturers is Thomarillion.  They make some superb looking, ornately decorated cannon, for your gaming pleasure.  These beauties would be especially useful as weapons in a shore battery, or mounted on the walls of a formidable fort.  Definitely worth seeking out, if you have the need for superb looking heavy weaponry.

I'll try to post a pic below:

http://www.thomarillion.de/bilder/schiffskanone/schiffskanone1.jpg

Hmmm, photo didn't come through, but at least there's a link to it.

Feel free to post your own photos, and/or links to them here.

Mako:
Here's a link to the Old Glory 25mm accessories page, which lists the various cannons they have for sale, e.g. 6, 9, 12, and 18 Pdrs., plus a mixed pack of half-barrels, for outfitting your vessels with:

http://www.oldglory25s.com/index.php?cat_id=93&catname='25mm%20Buccaneer%20-%20Napoleonic%20Wars%20'

Sadly, no pics of them, so if anyone has any to share, that would be appreciated.  Would like to know what the various cannons look like.

They also sell a pack of men with swivel guns, in their Pirates range.

I'll post more pics of cannons from other manufacturers in the next day or so.

Mako:
Here are some pics of various 25mm / 28mm scale naval cannons from a number of manufacturers:

Crusader Miniatures Light Cannon and Gun Crew pack:

Crusader Miniatures Light Cannon pack (4 guns):

Dixon 6 Pdr. Cannon and Gun Crew - all can be purchased separately:

Games of War Naval Cannon:

Games of War Gunport and half cannon:

Games of War Swivel Guns:

Minimi.co.uk Ornate Cannon:

Minimi.co.uk Dragon Cannon - not sure if this one is fantasy, or historical, but do recall seeing some similar ornate cannon from the Italian Wars:

Thomarillion Ornate Naval Cannon:

I'd love to see some photos of the various Old Glory cannons, if anyone has pics of their: 6, 9, 12, and 18 Pdr. guns.

Photos of other cannons not shown above, but suitable for 17th and 18th Century Pirate, and/or naval vessels, or forts would be appreciated as well.

Paul:
The Minimi.co.uk Ornate Cannons..I´ve got two, barrels excatly the same but on field carriages, sitting on my workspace..I got them from Kinder eggs over 15 years ago. ???

CptJake:
Eureka have cannon too:

http://www.eurekaminusa.com/catalog.aspx?c=Pirates Renaissance FourMusketeers&cid=158&pageIndex=2

I have some of the long barrel 9lbers and swivel gins I am working on.  The cannon came two to a pack.  I got them from Noble Knight.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version