Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 09:18:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689638
  • Total Topics: 118288
  • Online Today: 681
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Fantasy Project MK2!!More Goblins!  (Read 13006 times)

Offline AndrewBeasley

• Mastermind
Re: Fantasy Project MK2!!
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2012, 04:39:01 PM »
The fire goblins date from an old White Dwarf (270 ish) and I only have a clip now:

It was the idea of red / yellow splotched one that did it for me  :-*

I started a blue one many moons ago (Viktor from HF) but he needs to be stripped and done again (yes I know its his back):

I do remember they had white ones but they left me cold  lol

Offline Rochie

• Librarian
    • There's No More Room In Hell
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2012, 04:54:23 PM »
Lovely stuff - I especially like those beastmen. Nice "realistic" tones on the Gobbo's too.  8)

Good work on the shield - gives him a kind of Mongolian/Chinese barbarian feel.

Cheers mate! The shield came about because of the model itself, the old citadel easterlings have a really strong mongolian vibe, so I used my rudimentary google-fu to find an image that would suit the model rather than the old faithful heraldry over a bright primary colour route

The fire goblins date from an old White Dwarf (270 ish) and I only have a clip now:

It was the idea of red / yellow splotched one that did it for me  :-*

I started a blue one many moons ago (Viktor from HF) but he needs to be stripped and done again (yes I know its his back):

I do remember they had white ones but they left me cold  lol

AH!! I remember them now! Loved the Dust goblins from that article too :D Now that I look at it, that's not a bad scheme to try out, bloody hate those plastic gobbos though, maybe it'd look good on the Redbox Bonebacks, couple of them would make really nice henchmen/bodyguards for the Gaffer :)
Lovely work on that cloak too, must have a look at the HF gobbos again too.... Bloody hell, I've started this project to downscale and I'm still making a shopping list!! ::)

Offline phreedh

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Carpe plumbum!
    • Phreedh's Ministuff
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2012, 06:12:55 PM »
Great figs Rochie, and bloody nice painting as well! Really like it!
Please visit my miniature gaming blog at http://ministuff.godzilla.se

Offline dijit

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • And when Eric eats a banana...
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2012, 06:32:30 PM »
Some really nice minis you've got there and with great paintjobs to match. Love the goblins especially, but then again who doesn't?
Yeah playtime will take a hit after the arrival of your little 'un, but you'll still find time as it'll help you keep sane!
Duncan

Offline Rochie

• Librarian
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2012, 07:06:38 PM »
Great figs Rochie, and bloody nice painting as well! Really like it!

Cheers Phreedh, I'm quite chuffed you like them, seeing as how it was your fantasy thread along with a couple of others that started all this in the first place! :D

Some really nice minis you've got there and with great paintjobs to match. Love the goblins especially, but then again who doesn't?
Yeah playtime will take a hit after the arrival of your little 'un, but you'll still find time as it'll help you keep sane!
Duncan

lol Hopefully mate, although I think I'll be better entertained by the baby than by a bunch of little metal men!

Here's some orcs I've dug out, forgive the motley collection of bases, they're in progress, I promise!

Offline aggro84

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Noble Pursuits
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2012, 11:51:00 PM »
Again, very nice work. I really like your color choices.  :-*
You really breathed new life into these old miniatures (which I actually prefer more often than not).

Offline dijit

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • And when Eric eats a banana...
« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2012, 08:21:02 AM »
Superb work and the orc with the two swords is one of my favourite minis of all times,
Duncan

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2012, 06:21:22 PM »
You're becoming prolific. The Heroes & now the Old Kind-of-Green Guys look SUPER. All are VERY WELL DONE!
I'd NEVER join a club that would have me as a member.  G.Marx

Offline Rochie

• Librarian
Re: Fantasy Project MK2!! Chaos Dwarves!!
« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2012, 02:09:58 PM »
Cheers guys! :D
You're becoming prolific. The Heroes & now the Old Kind-of-Green Guys look SUPER. All are VERY WELL DONE!

This is actually a backlog of stuff I've been at for the past couple of weeks, things may slow down, be warned!! :D

Mate of mine was visiting last night, gave me the new plastic Nurgle lord from GW as a trade for some skaven I'd given him, he's actually a really nice model, very little clutter and big flat areas to practice my blending on :) I made a start on him, and have decided to keep him square based (for my chaos army), and possibly pick up a second one to use in the skirmish games as part of my chaos warband. Anyway, I'll post the results as and when I get them done, but for now, here's some Chaos Dwarfs, the real ones, before the big hat fashion craze took off.....

Offline Faber

• Mastermind
  • onnivorous painter
    • Faber Ambitious Mordheim Project
« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2012, 02:18:53 PM »
Yeah! Marauder rocks, as always. Lovely dark stunties!  :-*
I'm curious to see the Nurgle Champion when finished...it's a real beauty. I'll buy one, I know  :'(
BTW, I know I'm pretty heretic saying this but...I prefer square bases. I play skirmish game with square bases and I have never had any problem. Plus, you can properly and easily play warhammer et similia with the same models.

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2012, 02:26:23 PM »
COOL! Some Old Friends...you did a nice job bringing the Lads to life. I must admit liking the preBabylonian, Funny Hat Chaos Dwarfs better than their latter day Brethren...different strokes & all that. VERY WELL DONE!

Offline Rochie

• Librarian
« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2012, 02:29:25 PM »
Yeah! Marauder rocks, as always. Lovely dark stunties!  :-*
I'm curious to see the Nurgle Champion when finished...it's a real beauty. I'll buy one, I know  :'(
BTW, I know I'm pretty heretic saying this but...I prefer square bases. I play skirmish game with square bases and I have never had any problem. Plus, you can properly and easily play warhammer et similia with the same models.

I've been agonising over this since the start of the project to be honest, I've been swapping them from base to base every so often to try and make a final decision, but I just seem to be drawn more to the look of the circular ones, I've been thinking of trying to do something like Captain Blood's done with the movement trays for his WoTR collection, but I'm still trying to get my head around how to go about it cheaply and easily, so far I've been using the Lord of the Rings trays, but they're too big for 5cent coins, and JUST too small for English 2p's... >:(

COOL! Some Old Friends...you did a nice job bringing the Lads to life. I must admit liking the preBabylonian, Funny Hat Chaos Dwarfs better than their latter day Brethren...different strokes & all that. VERY WELL DONE!

Cheers buddy! :D I used to love the big hats, but the further I slipped into the old RoC stuff the more the older stuff took precedence! I've another bunch of these to get on with too, bought twenty of em off a guy I used to work with along with a mint copy of 2nd ed Blood Bowl for a sinfully low sum about two years ago, and only just gotten around to doing something with them ::)
« Last Edit: February 14, 2012, 02:34:13 PM by Rochie »

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
    • Blind Beggar Miniatures
« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2012, 03:38:34 PM »
Love the new additions, Rochie!
 :-*
(Well new since I last posted!  ;) )

Those Orcs are from a period where just about every Citadel figure had great character, and these are no exeption.
I also agree with you about the Chaos Dwarfs. Those were so much better than the Chimney-Heads!
Every single one was an individual, and even though I am selling a few off, I have kept a few for future use in Mordheim Chaos warbands.

Old school still rocks!  8)

Offline Rochie

• Librarian
« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2012, 04:39:34 PM »
Love the new additions, Rochie!
 :-*
(Well new since I last posted!  ;) )

Those Orcs are from a period where just about every Citadel figure had great character, and these are no exeption.
I also agree with you about the Chaos Dwarfs. Those were so much better than the Chimney-Heads!
Every single one was an individual, and even though I am selling a few off, I have kept a few for future use in Mordheim Chaos warbands.

Old school still rocks!  8)

cheers mate! now what's this about you selling off chaos dwarfs? >:D

Offline phreedh

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Carpe plumbum!
    • Phreedh's Ministuff
« Reply #29 on: February 14, 2012, 08:43:30 PM »
Wow, nice shield there!

Regarding the orcs, care to share your method for their skin? They look really good, and pretty much exactly what I'd want to do myself with my rather hefty orc collection.