Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 11:34:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690761
  • Total Topics: 118348
  • Online Today: 947
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Where are all the 28mm Hungarians, Romanians, Bulgarians, Dutch, Norwegians....  (Read 12233 times)

Offline Conquistador

• Galactic Brain
  • There are hostile eye watching us from the arroyos
What is this 20mm that you are talking about? Oh... ah now I see, the poor cousin of 28mm Wargaming? :-P

Now, now, don't be scale-ist!   ;)

Gracias,

Glenn

Who does 25 plus mm in skirmish, platoons; 1:300 SF  (for now, 1:600 conversions on my "to do list" fer sure,) 1:600 aircraft, and 1:6,000 ships to keep the terrain simple.
Viva Alta California!  Las guerras de España,  Las guerras de las Américas,  Las guerras para la Libertad!

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God
  • But maybe everything that dies, someday comes back
I want to sort of re-emphasize one of Steve's points: Utility. British, American, German, etc. troops are useful in most battles you will play, whereas the secondary powers will be useful only under certain circumstances.

As well, you can also use the main player's troops as stand-ins for the lesser armies. In a pinch, you can use Germans as allied Romanians or Hungarians, perhaps with a bit of converting (swapping some of those balkan fur hats for german caps for instance), British troops can stand in for Canadians or Aussies, and so forth.

Obviously it's not perfect and purists will balk, but you can see where the major factions represent not just economies of scale for the manufacturers, but also for players.

I joined my gun with pirate swords, and sailed the seas of cyberspace.

Offline Galland

• Scatterbrained Genius
Now, now, don't be scale-ist!   ;)

Gracias,

Glenn

Who does 25 plus mm in skirmish, platoons; 1:300 SF  (for now, 1:600 conversions on my "to do list" fer sure,) 1:600 aircraft, and 1:6,000 ships to keep the terrain simple.

Ouch... thats a new -ist that I havent heard of before, and being called one... now thats harsh! :D
Tintin - Pulp Adventures in a orderly fashion
Gallows Falls - Western Village
Eisende - Mordheim costal village WIP
Rome - SPQR & Hail Caesar

Offline driller

• Scientist
I would like to see some actual 28mm hungarians (I'm a hungarian as well :) ) so I can send them against my Lovecraft miniatures! :)

Hi, btw, this is my first post on the forum :)

Offline NurgleHH

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
  • Spacelord
    • Victory Decision Vietnam
There are a lot of unproduced ranges. But I think sometimes it is better not to have these ranges than a bad try to do it with big head and hands. Some ranges can be substituted with other ranges, like special SS-Units. Sometimes you can take older periods, because the equipment never changed. And the Rest: Wait for their time, like the Range of LAF with their lovely PA-Range
Victory Decision Vietnam here: leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=43264.0

Victory Decision Spacelords here: leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=68939.0

My pictures: http://pictures.dirknet.de/

Offline joroas

• Galactic Brain
Greetings, Driller, you kinda slipped in here.  :o       

There is an introductions thread if you want to be more formal..  :D
'So do all who see such times. But that is not for us to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that we are given.'

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
I think sometimes it is better not to have these ranges than a bad try to do it with big head and hands.

How true  :)

Offline Frontal Assault 15mm

• Assistant
RifRaf Miniatures do WW2 Greeks in 28mm.  As for the rest, well it's been covered.

Offline Golgotha

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • BMC Miniatures - All things wargame related.
Very wealthy indeed especially when one considers the incredibly vast array of aircraft and vehicles that are available - what is more, to boot, is that many 20mm minis reflect greater detail and accuracy than their larger counterparts. It depends really on what sort of level of conflict one wants to recreate the larger the scale the smaller the engagement and for small skirmishes playing Hungarians and the like certainly has an appeal. I must further add that there does unfortunately exist a certain prejudice against 20mm when in many ways it is the perfect balance between size and detail and thus encompasses many of the advantages of both 15mm and 25/28mm.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 12:38:15 AM by Golgotha »

Offline Conquistador

• Galactic Brain
Ouch... thats a new -ist that I havent heard of before, and being called one... now thats harsh! :D

Here's pretty laid back and it was jest in fun.   lol

On... another forum... which I no longer visit... it actually was a put-down.   ???   :?   ::)

Gracias,

Glenn

Offline Johnnytodd

• Mad Scientist
Frontal Assault 15 - thanks for the tip on the greeks.  Here's a link:

http://www.rifrafminiatures.co.uk/userimages/procart5.htm

Offline David

• Scientist
Hi
just an update on BURNS Miniatures.
the new pack should be out in two months, plus some changes to the first seven packs

G1: Officers (x3) telephone man(1) New

G2:  NCO's (x4) 2 new

G3: Riflemen (x4)

G4: Riflemen with moustaches (x4)

G5: laying down Lmg teams (x2)

G6: Infantryman with Italian 45mm mortar plus  (x2)

G7: Lebel VB Grenade Launchers (3) New.  i might put the officer in cap in this pack?

G8: Artillery Team (4) New

G9: Standing LMG teams (x2 types of LMG's) New

G10: Riflemen Advancing (x4) New

G11: HMG team (New)

G12: 65mm Mountain Gun (1) New
Each Greek Infantry Rgm had two 65mm "infantry guns", actually WWI-era French Mle 06 mountain guns

G14: 75mm Field gun (1) New (Bulgarian 75mm Schneider M.1904 Greek army had 20 of these)

you can use a 37mm Pak 36 ATG
for other artillery
http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=158435
I have seen all the figures producted from the masters, but I had to check for any casting problems
I am waiting for 10 of each one to be producted and sent to me for inspection so i can get the best 5 of each for the production moulds to be done next
I will paint up all models soon and show them here soon
Thanks
David Burns
PS I have started my next project 15mm and hope to let you know about it soon
It has taken two years to complete this range.
anything else you think i have missed let me know. PM me

Offline Helen

• The Grey Heron
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
Sounds quite complete David, well done.

Cheers,

Helen
Best wishes,
Helen
Love many things, for therein lies the true strength, and whosoever loves much performs much, and can accomplish much, and what is done in love is done well (V van Gogh)

Offline Galland

• Scatterbrained Genius
Golgotha... the title of the post is... *drum roll*... "Where are all the 28mm Hungarians, Romanians, Bulgarians, Dutch, Norwegians...."

However, another question. Why on earth would 28mm hungarians all of a sudden get large hands and heads? I fail to see what this means, and how this ended up in the discussion, and above all, if the hungarians all of a sudden would be made, why, I really want to know this, would they recive large hands and heads? *Shakes head in confusion*

Offline Conquistador

• Galactic Brain
There are a lot of unproduced ranges. But I think sometimes it is better not to have these ranges than a bad try to do it with big head and hands. Some ranges can be substituted with other ranges, like special SS-Units. Sometimes you can take older periods, because the equipment never changed. And the Rest: Wait for their time, like the Range of LAF with their lovely PA-Range

Um, not sure where this came from...

Looking at older lines in the 1970's/1980's that logic would have left some genres without miniatures...

Gracias,

Glenn