Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 08:50:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Shadowman  (Read 2544 times)

Offline matakishi

• The Teacher
  • Galactic Brain
  • Cousin of Hammers
    • Matakishi's Tea House
Shadowman
« on: January 06, 2008, 01:47:07 PM »
I'm having a bit of a different approach to things this year; instead of just concentrating on one project for a couple of months until it's completed I am going to work on a couple at a time to give me some variety.

This started out as a small contingent for Weird War 2 and escalated into a full-blown undertaking. I have many figures lined up to paint and hopefully, time allowing during the year, there'll be some interesting scenery to accompany them.

Anyway, here's Killjoy from Wyrdd Miniatures who's a major figure in the Deadside forces:

The beginning of the explanatory write up with other figures is here:
http://www.matakishi.com/shadowmanproject.htm

Offline xeoran

• Scientist
Shadowman
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2008, 02:41:50 PM »
Brilliant, can't wait to see Jaunty. Did you ever read the Garth Ennis min-series? Great stuff.
"'Reality,' sa molesworth 2, 'is so unspeakably sordid it make me shudder.'"- Nigel Molesworth

Offline matakishi

• The Teacher
  • Galactic Brain
  • Cousin of Hammers
    • Matakishi's Tea House
Shadowman
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2008, 03:41:23 PM »
I'll be doing Jaunty as a stinky leprechaun and a Naga (with hat) eventually.

I've not read any of the comics, just played the N64 and Dreamcast game (twice, all the way through) and played the second one for a bit on the PS2 but it wasn't half as good  :)

Offline xeoran

• Scientist
Shadowman
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2008, 08:41:07 PM »
Opposite for me, never played the games but loved the comics. Looking forward to seeing more progress. :)

Offline Gluteus Maximus

• Galactic Brain
Re: Shadowman
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2008, 09:17:15 AM »
Quote from: "matakishi"
I'm having a bit of a different approach to things this year; instead of just concentrating on one project for a couple of months until it's completed I am going to work on a couple at a time to give me some variety.

Oh dear! That's how it usually starts. A disciplined, focussed gamer starts dabbling in more than one project, it all snowballs out of control & suddenly there are 25 half-finished projects, with no enthusiasm left.

I know from experience ..... :lol:

Thats a very unusual & intriguing game concept you have there. It's got me wondering which other PC games I could look at with a view to figure gaming.... 8)

Offline Rhoderic

• Mastermind
  • I disapprove!
Re: Shadowman
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2008, 02:20:56 PM »
Quote from: "Gluteus Maximus"
Quote from: "matakishi"

Oh dear! That's how it usually starts. A disciplined, focussed gamer starts dabbling in more than one project, it all snowballs out of control & suddenly there are 25 half-finished projects, with no enthusiasm left.

You mean there are other ways to do it? :D
"When to keep awake against the camel's swaying or the junk's rocking, you start summoning up your memories one by one, your wolf will have become another wolf, your sister a different sister, your battle other battles, on your return from Euphemia, the city where memory is traded." - Italo Calvino

Offline matakishi

• The Teacher
  • Galactic Brain
  • Cousin of Hammers
    • Matakishi's Tea House
Shadowman
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2008, 05:03:10 PM »
Pffft!
I know what I'm doing  :lol: