Forum > Gothic Horror

Nosferatu - A Symphony of Horror! The beginning of something new...?

(1/42) > >>

vikotnik:
As mentioned elsewhere on this forum, I want to start a Nosferatu-themed project. If everything goes well, I am going to present it at this year's Crisis in Antwerp.
Any progress will be documentd in this thread.
:)

While browsing through the net for hours in search of the right miniature, I realised that there are some nice Nosferatu-vampires around, but none seemed to fit the image I had in my head for this particular kind of vampire. So, I decided to sculpt my own.

Here are the first results:

This one was squished around a wire armature in one go, using one piece of green stuff. Man, this looks crappy!
 :(

This one was made in two separate stages, legs first, then the coat and the arms in the second stage. I simply have torestrain myself and exercise my patience, sculpting seems not to be as straightforward as painting...
:cry:

I slept a few nights over these appalling results and began anew, recounting all the tips I got from Josef Ochmann in a brilliant workshop years ago...
The legs were made in the first stage, then the coat. The arms came next, after that, the hands. The face was done in a separate stage during Saturday evening. The sculpting tips on Matakishi's brilliant page have been very useful in this:
http://www.matakishi.com/bmbfaces.htm

Details like the buttons and a ring from a long dead love he wears came last.
Here he is, COUNT ORLOCK!!

:)
This is the FIRST ever full miniature I have sculpted and I cannot say that I do not like him...:D

He is not finished, though. A scenic base will be added, pictures of it are to follow. Upon release, the base will be separate from the miniature as I simply hate to remove those cast-on bases from the miniatures.

What do You think?  :?:

Overlord:
That is a fantastic sculpt  :love:  :o  

A lot better than many commercial sculpts.

Captain Blood:
I think you've got a whole new career.

That, my friend, is bloody excellent. Never mind for a first attempt, it would stand the test with a lot of the commercially available figures out there.

The creepy hands in particular, are brilliantly done. Well done you!

Quick - make some more!

:wink:

JollyBob:
that's pretty damn good for a first go!  :o

Well done! Especially the hands.

theoldschool:
Some people are just born talented. First class work, love the hands and face.
Pat

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version