Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:44:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Nosferatu - A Symphony of Horror! The beginning of something new...?  (Read 167618 times)

Offline vikotnik

• Moonman
  • Mad Scientist
  • Jack Radient Sky
Nosferatu - A Symphony of Horror!
« Reply #30 on: February 06, 2008, 05:16:53 AM »
Thank You for the nice comments, guys!

:D

The figure will be available at Pardulon.com eventually. However, I will make some resin copies of 'The Count' to be available at Tactica in Hamburg on Feb. 23/24th. These will be priced at € 4.95 including base.

If You are interested in obtaining one there, please send me a PM.

After 'Do or Dice' up here in Kiel, I will have some more things happening on this thread... :)
Zafarelli at 01:00 am:
\"...everything is strange in a way. ... Always."

Offline vikotnik

• Moonman
  • Mad Scientist
  • Jack Radient Sky
Re: Nosferatu - A Symphony of Horror!
« Reply #31 on: May 20, 2008, 05:08:29 AM »
Well, after quite some time of not painting anything relevant to LAF, I am anxious to get back to this project! The Idea of the table portraying Castle Orlock and its surroundings was discarded afer some consideration.

Consequently, I have decided to have the game happening in a part of 'Wisborg' (As they called Wismar in the film.), so I need buildings!

I would not ever use cardboard ones except for playtesting, so these can be ruled out.

Does anyone around here know any manufactureres of decent early-to-mid-1900s European buildings in 28mm? To add flavour to the setting, some Victorian and even some Gothic ones would be acceptable as well.

Any ideas?

Offline Malamute

• Prince of Darkness
  • Elder God
    • Boot Hill Miniatures
« Reply #32 on: May 20, 2008, 07:28:08 AM »
Shame about not building the castle. With your talents that would look amazing :)
Sorry I cannot think of anyone making what you are looking for. Scratchbuliding maybe the only option. :?
"These creatures do not die like the bee after the first sting, but go on age after age, feeding on the blood of the living"  - Abraham Van Helsing

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
« Reply #33 on: May 20, 2008, 09:30:44 AM »
Well I dont know if this will help but I just checked out http://fauxtoys.com/tvag/index.html or "the vertuarl armchair genrole"

Check out the B'hoys Towne! section The sets seem to be pretty cheap and you can fill up a tabl with this stuff as your background
"Peace" is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.

- Anonymous

Offline vikotnik

• Moonman
  • Mad Scientist
  • Jack Radient Sky
« Reply #34 on: September 27, 2008, 12:27:30 PM »
Well, a long time has passed since I have considered anything Nosferatu-relevant, but I did collect nearly all of the relevant miniatures for this project.

However, I am still looking for a few missing miniatures and need Your help in finding them.

The first group of miniatures would be some victorian coffin-bearers. Wild west ones would be sufficient, too, as they are likely to be easily converted.

The final one that is missing would be a victorian-age skipper. He would be the one that brings the vampire to Wisborg on board of his ship. When he realizes that he has the same terrible fate of his shipmates, he ties himself to the rudder of his ship.

What dou You think?
Any ideas?
???

Offline Malamute

• Prince of Darkness
  • Elder God
    • Boot Hill Miniatures
« Reply #35 on: September 27, 2008, 12:52:22 PM »
Ok for the coffin bearers - Foundry do an undertaker in their old west range. not sure about the actual pole bearers.
Westwind do a Hearse in the Vampire Wars range.Thye also have some sailors within their Gothic Horror range.
Ships crew:- I used a Foundry Darkest Africa figure as my ships captain. There are various seamen avaible from Artizan, Pulp miniatures, Brigade games and Blue Moon have a ships crew coming out in their pulp range. Brigade games have a nice crew in their Victorian gangs range. Check out my Dracula part four for photos of the crew of the Demeter. :)
As for the captain lashed to the wheel, probably a conversion.

Very much looking forward to seeing this project come together.  :) You are inspiring me to return to gothic horror after a long period of absence.

Offline JollyBob

• Galactic Brain
  • I've only had a few ales...
« Reply #36 on: September 27, 2008, 05:59:51 PM »
I would definitely consider this guy:

for your ill-fated skipper. Very windswept and interesting.

From Artizan, in case you didn't already know. 

Offline vikotnik

• Moonman
  • Mad Scientist
  • Jack Radient Sky
« Reply #37 on: September 28, 2008, 09:08:44 AM »
Malamute, I have been to the homepage of West Wind, but did not find a hearse, perhaps it has been discontinued? Never mind, it would only have served for some background detail anyway!
But I have found the gas lights there that I have been looking for since the beginning of this project!!!
 ;D

The link to Your brilliant story provided the inspiration to find the missing models!

I really am happy to provide some inspriation in return! :)

Without the answers of both You and Jolly Bob, I would never have considered the ranges/companies You have mentioned!
Artizan!
It seems that I have some ordering to do next week!

This is what really makes visiting an inspiring place like this worthwhile.

Thank You!

Updates will follow...

Offline Malamute

• Prince of Darkness
  • Elder God
    • Boot Hill Miniatures
« Reply #38 on: September 28, 2008, 04:56:28 PM »
Malamute, I have been to the homepage of West Wind, but did not find a hearse, perhaps it has been discontinued? Never mind, it would only have served for some background detail anyway!
But I have found the gas lights there that I have been looking for since the beginning of this project!!!

I have found it in their Vampire Wars range. Here is the link to it:
http://www.westwindproductions.co.uk/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=2_19&products_id=533

GH00054 Vampire Hearse £18.00

It looks like its still available. If you want to see it in the lead before ordering it I can show you in a couple of weeks time along with the sailor figures when we meet up. :)

Offline vikotnik

• Moonman
  • Mad Scientist
  • Jack Radient Sky
« Reply #39 on: September 28, 2008, 05:09:49 PM »
Great idea!
Looking forward to it!
 :)

Offline Snate56

• Librarian
« Reply #40 on: September 29, 2008, 02:57:16 AM »

Offline vikotnik

• Moonman
  • Mad Scientist
  • Jack Radient Sky
Re: Nosferatu - A Symphony of Horror! ...new Orlock sculpt added...
« Reply #41 on: November 24, 2008, 09:58:17 PM »
Sorry that I did not update this thread for such a long time again... ::)

JollyBob, I have made some serious ordering at BattlefieldBerlin because of You post, shame on me! :)

Snate56, I still have the coach lying around somewhere and, whereas it really is a great model, I think it might be too fantastic-looking for my project.

In the meantime, I have ordered some buildings at Steve Barber Models. I really must say that his German buildings are absolutely brilliant! Pictures will follow as soon as the table layout is done.

When looking at the first Orlock sculpt, I found him to be too cartoonish for being appropiate. So I decided to try a new one.

Here is the first test sculpt, quite boring:

The idea was to have him standing bent backwards, looking down upon his prey. This sculpt shows nothing of this. brrr... :-[

Then I met up for a 'Crisis-Revival'-evening with Driscoles and Zafarelli. We had lots of beer and good food and I even managed to do some sculpting while watching a strange wild west film Driscoles brought along. We enjoyed ourselves a lot, chatting through the night after watching the film!
This is what I made that evening:

...looks quite alright?
Try this angle:

As You will have noticed, the shoulders are crooked!
I cleaned up the sculpt and redid the shoes.

Then I added the rest to come up with this:

This being my second full sculpt, I do quite like it.  :)
I know that it can be improved a lot, but in my opinion, it seems more sinister to me than the previous one. Next will be a base to complement it. Come to think of it: When You buy a miniature, do You like scenic bases included or would You wish to have a plain base instead?
« Last Edit: November 24, 2008, 10:00:36 PM by vikotnik »

Offline matakishi

• The Teacher
  • Galactic Brain
  • Cousin of Hammers
    • Matakishi's Tea House
« Reply #42 on: November 24, 2008, 11:52:24 PM »
Very nice.
Plain base please!!

Offline Chairface

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #43 on: November 25, 2008, 05:05:54 AM »
Love it. I'll second the plain base.

Offline Driscoles

• The Dude
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #44 on: November 25, 2008, 06:36:58 AM »
Nice sculpt. Especially the buttons. The hands are awesome.
Plain base pls.
Björn
, ,