Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 05:40:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Medieval type villagers  (Read 3476 times)

Offline Arcticman

• Scientist
Medieval type villagers
« on: January 07, 2008, 10:17:19 PM »
Hello everybody,

I am on the verge of starting a village project (nothing as fancy as those on the work bench here), and I need some villagers for the little place.

Now I have a few of the Hasselfree towns people and dwarfs and am looking for something of that size. Is Foundry compatible? How big are
Reaper in comparison? Are there any other takers?

Offline poulppy

• Scientist
    • Flags
Medieval type villagers
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2008, 08:10:38 AM »
Hasselfree has some children really suitable with foundry :

For other town folks can be found on olg glory range and they are compatible with foundry
* Miniatures diary at aleaminiatures.blogspot.fr/
* Flags banners blog at  https://flagspennonsandbanners.blogspot.com/
* My Other blog on Helmets : attenti

Offline Lowtardog

• Galactic Brain
Medieval type villagers
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2008, 08:56:48 AM »
Mega Minis sell a pack of townsfolk, they are the old Grenadier range and quite nice and cheap too :mrgreen:

http://cgi.ebay.com/MEM-90001-Town-Folk-25mm-miniature-LOT-of-24-D-D-RPG_W0QQitemZ8729129284QQihZ004QQcategoryZ2537QQcmdZViewItem

you can get them in the UK from Leisure Games

Offline fastolfrus

• Galactic Brain
Medieval type villagers
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2008, 09:04:15 AM »
Some of the ready-painted D&D figures from Wizards of the Coast look like medieval peasants - the latest release "Desert of Desolation" even has a farmer carrying a pig under one arm. There are a few others about, incuding huntsmen, tavern brawlers, monks etc
May not be in the same league as Foundry, but you can pick up common figures fairly cheap on eBay.

The "Night Below" set includes quite a good prisoner in chains, and the "Unhallowed" set has a good torturer
Gary, Glynis, and Alasdair (there are three of us, but we are too mean to have more than one login)

Offline Hammers

• Amateur papiermachiéer
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Workbench and Pulp Moderator
Medieval type villagers
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2008, 09:27:40 AM »
Italian Mirliton, makes several wonderful medeival sets, which I have had my eyes on for the longest time.

Take a gander at this barons banquet hall:

...or this food stuff shop...

The miniatures are (and this I find unhelpful) labeled "25-28mm" which probably makes them pair well with Hasslefree which I consider "slender 28mm".

Finally the generic villager set including two dogs (!) and for all you soppy Lead Adventurers, a Felix Felix, the common european domesticated cat:

Offline Rhoderic

• Mastermind
  • I disapprove!
Medieval type villagers
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2008, 01:55:19 PM »
Olley's Armies has dwarf villagers, but I'm not sure about their size and they're not really the same style of dwarves as Hasslefree's.

Various packs of medieval and dark ages civilians can be found at Black Tree (look under Feudal, Dark Ages Vikings and Ancients Celts and possibly also Greeks), but again I don't know their size. They're currently on sale quite cheap (which is why I'm about to buy a bunch to use as Hyborian common folk), though I know from experience that Black Tree has rather high shipping charges.

The Gripping Beast civilians also come to mind, but will probably be too big to go well with Hasslefree.
"When to keep awake against the camel's swaying or the junk's rocking, you start summoning up your memories one by one, your wolf will have become another wolf, your sister a different sister, your battle other battles, on your return from Euphemia, the city where memory is traded." - Italo Calvino

Offline twrchtrwyth

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Don't join dangerous cults: practice safe sects.
    • Deeside Defenders
Medieval type villagers
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2008, 03:31:36 PM »
Tabletop miniatures have villagers and various village dioramas if I remember rightly. Irregular has some historical villagers to, but not everyone is keen on there style and they could be too small.
He that trades Liberty for Security will soon find that he has neither.

Benjamin Franklin

Offline Arcticman

• Scientist
Medieval type villagers
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2008, 08:03:45 PM »
Thanks for all the replies  :D

Many nice ideas from all of you. Now I can populate several villages.
I'll have a look at all of the suggestions to see what I'll end up with.

Now to find enough space for everything...oh dear :)