Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:20:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686458
  • Total Topics: 118100
  • Online Today: 811
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Season 6 - Leaderboard  (Read 51365 times)

Offline Ray Rivers

• Galactic Brain
Re: Season 6 - Leaderboard
« Reply #120 on: May 07, 2012, 10:14:12 AM »
Round 9 Leaderboard:

Offline Tomsche

• Mastermind
  • Crescat Scientia, Vita Excolatur
    • Società di archeologia e cimeli
« Reply #121 on: May 07, 2012, 04:32:01 PM »
 :o :o :o :o :o

I might be losing most of it, but I made the leaderboard heading woop woop

Offline NurgleHH

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
  • Spacelord
    • Victory Decision Vietnam
« Reply #122 on: May 07, 2012, 05:41:47 PM »
Short before the end I want to say "thank you" to all painters. Every competitor in this famaous contest is a winner. At the end some painters a little bit more winner than others. For the voters it was also a win, great battles and exciting rounds. The LPL is absolutely the greatest painting contest...
Victory Decision Vietnam here: leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=43264.0

Victory Decision Spacelords here: leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=68939.0

My pictures: http://pictures.dirknet.de/

Offline Ray Rivers

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #123 on: May 13, 2012, 12:58:21 PM »
And so... the final Leaderboard:

Offline Tomsche

• Mastermind
  • Crescat Scientia, Vita Excolatur
    • Società di archeologia e cimeli
« Reply #124 on: May 13, 2012, 01:01:31 PM »
And so ends another great year, thanks ray and Prof for running the show... now, to next year and beyoooond

Offline Blue in vt

• Mastermind
« Reply #125 on: May 13, 2012, 01:09:03 PM »
Congrats to the top teir...all positions well earned and hard fought.  This year saw a display of talent in both painting and scenic arrangement that boggles the mind.  Also a huge congrats to all those that managed to finish a new team for each round...this is no minor accomplishment...no matter what the votes say.

...of course thanks to the Prof and Ray...and all the others involved in running this implicated contest in such an efficient fashion.   Well done indeed!

Cheers,

Blue
My Painting/Collecting Blog: http://bluesmarauders.blogspot.com/

"Jesus weeps when people buy resin." ...Hammers March 2012

Offline Za Zjurman

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #126 on: May 13, 2012, 01:31:21 PM »
A question for the judges...

How are the bonus points for round 10 awarded?
Is it in the following way:
10 pts new team
10 pts maritime
10 pts 2nd team
10 points large vessel/monster.

I ask this question because I got 20 bonus points but I got a newly painted team (10), maritime (10) on a boat (10). But please correct me if I'm wrong.  ::)

I would like to say I had a great time and I am already planning LPL 7  lol

Thank you very much Prof and Ray.

Regards
Za

Offline Dr Mathias

• LPL Champion (S6,S7) Bronze Medalist (S5)
  • Galactic Brain
  • Purveyor of the one-and-only Miracle Elixir!
    • Dr. Mathias's Miniature Extravaganza
« Reply #127 on: May 13, 2012, 01:49:09 PM »
Ray and Professor, you both have my appreciation for your efforts. There is doubtless a lot of effort compiling information, loading images, and answering PMs. Behind the scenes affiliates like Captain Blood (and others I may not be aware of) that help come up with themes and discuss rules changes and interpretations shouldn't go unmentioned either- thank you!

Congratulations to all my fellows in LPL, I've learned a lot from you. Special mention to Bugsda who revealed that he scrapes out the eyes of Copplestone figures with a scalpel so they're easier to paint! I didn't get to use his trick until late in the LPL (in fact in made me switch plans for an entry) but still valuable. I can't tell you how many times I 'damned the eyes' on Darkest Africa figures over the years :)

Thanks to Brooknah, Laughing Ferret, Valleyboy, and Mikedemana for injecting some whimsicality into this season. Among others, the "Dating Game", "Roe Bear", "Pond Wars" and assorted Splintered Light entries were great.

a mixture of quick parts, sarcastic humour, reserve, and caprice.
Dr. Mathias's Miniature Extravaganza

Offline elysium64

• Potatoe Cup Holder 2010
  • Mastermind
« Reply #128 on: May 13, 2012, 02:38:24 PM »
Congratulations Dr Mathias, a well deserved win, the Leaderboard reflects my tastes fairly well as both the DR and Captain Blood provided many of the highlights for me.
I am fairly proud of my 12th place as it is my first entry into LPL, and I failed for a new entry on one round, and was missing one element in the last round. I have learn't alot about composition and preparation, ready for next years LPL.
As I said in other thread I would like to thank the Prof and Ray for all their hard work, as well as all the entrants and those who voted for making it so enjoyable.
There is now going to be a huge void in my life, as over the last 10 weeks it has become such a routine, the mad panic on Friday night as I try to get finished in time, the anticipation of Sunday morning, waiting to see who I have been drawn against, and the opportunity to view all the new eye candy. Then on Monday look forward to Leaderboard. Perhaps I might start going out again lol nah forget it I'll try to continue with more painting, preparing for next year.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2012, 02:47:21 PM by elysium64 »

Offline Orctrader

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • Orctrader's Painted Figures
« Reply #129 on: May 13, 2012, 02:51:08 PM »
Hearty congratulations to the winner and runners up.   :)

Many, many thanks to the Prof, Ray and anyone else involved in the running.  (I don't know how you find the time, gentlemen, but I'm glad you do.)

And congratulations to all of the entrants, wherever you finished on the board.  It was very tough competition I thought. 

...Special mention to Bugsda who revealed that he scrapes out the eyes of Copplestone figures with a scalpel so they're easier to paint!

Ooh, I thought everyone knew.   ::)  Not just Copplestone either.  In fact there are very few sculptors who make "paintable" eyes.  Kev White of Hasslefree does.  Just at the moment, I can't think of anyone else.  So for me, scraping out the eyes of many figures is just part of the "standard" preparation.

Offline Admiral Benbow

• The Queen's Own Gizmologist
  • Scatterbrained Genius
  • "Creativity is a drug I cannot live without."
    • The Benbow Workshop
« Reply #130 on: May 13, 2012, 03:07:59 PM »
Congratulations to all participants of this LPL season and many thanks to the organisers for all their work. It was very entertaining to see all the brilliant and creative entries, and I really hope to be part of it again next time ...

Offline Calimero

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #131 on: May 13, 2012, 03:14:43 PM »

Hey!

I’m 43rd out of 3235 LAF members, that’s not that bad… lol

Congrats to the winner and thanks to the Prof and Ray for their great work "running the show".

I’m up for ten more rounds. Who’s in it? ;)
A CANADIAN local hobby store with a small selection of historical wargames miniatures (mainly from Warlords). They also have a great selection of paint and hobby accessories from Vallejo, Army painter, AK Interactive, Green Stuff World and more.; https://www.kingdomtitans.ca/us/

Offline Keith

• Mastermind
    • Small Wars Blog
« Reply #132 on: May 13, 2012, 03:23:14 PM »
Wow! Well done everyone. It was inspirational and entertaining in equal measure!
A mixed bag for me this year. A member of my family passed away just after the LPL started ,and that left unable to devote the time I would have liked to painting from Round 4 onwards.
Great fun though and I'll certainly be back next time.

An infrequent Blog http://small-wars.com

Offline Chambersofminiatures

• LPL Silver Medalist (S5,S7)
  • Scientist
« Reply #133 on: May 13, 2012, 05:53:23 PM »
Congratulations to all who participated. We deserved win for the Dr!

Last year must have been a fluke for me with the 2nd place honors. In the four years that I have been in the competition, I earned 4th place three of the four years. Always the bridesmaid, never the bride...  :(

I look forward to next year!

Patrick Chambers
2013 Lead Tally: Acquired:219  Painted: 118   Total: -101
2014 Lead Tally: Acquired:197  Painted: 240   Total: +43
2015 Lead Tally: Acquired:275  Painted: 116   Total: -159
2016 Lead Tally: Acquired:223  Painted  140   Total: -83

Offline Dr Mathias

• LPL Champion (S6,S7) Bronze Medalist (S5)
  • Galactic Brain
  • Purveyor of the one-and-only Miracle Elixir!
    • Dr. Mathias's Miniature Extravaganza
« Reply #134 on: May 13, 2012, 07:08:54 PM »
Ooh, I thought everyone knew.   ::)  <snip>  So for me, scraping out the eyes of many figures is just part of the "standard" preparation.

Welcome news to me :) I haven't read many tutorials and I only acquired the Foundry books a few months ago. I don't think the Masterclass book even mentions the tip. Of course I may have skipped over figure prep as I thought I knew it all  lol

Truth told I'm thinking about stripping the paint off almost all my pre-LPL miniatures  :o

Quote from: Chambersofminiatures
Last year must have been a fluke for me with the 2nd place honors. In the four years that I have been in the competition, I earned 4th place three of the four years.

No fluke at all, I think we could shuffle around the top several people on the leaderboard in a given year and any of them would deserve to be in the top three.