Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:29:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Futuristic/modern 28mm vehicles in the uk  (Read 4943 times)

Offline King Tiger

• Scientist
  • the levels of derp are astounding.
Futuristic/modern 28mm vehicles in the uk
« on: March 27, 2012, 11:29:57 AM »
hey all, I'm hoping to be playing some games of tommorrows war with people at my club soon, and I'm looking to find some modern or future 28mm vehicles, I know this section of the forum only covers one of those periods, but thats ok as I will be posting this in the other relevant section.

so yes, any help would be appreciated, I do recall a company selling a 1/56th scale chieftain tank, if anyone knows it that would be a great start as its a gorgeous tank

Thanks

Offline manic _miner

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Four A miniatures
Re: Futuristic/modern 28mm vehicles in the uk
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2012, 12:10:25 PM »
 Fenris Games do some nice six wheeled vehicles which might be of use to you.

Offline sandsmodels

• Scientist
    • s&s models
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2012, 12:15:36 PM »
we make btr80's and vab apc's in 28mm.
they do look futuristic.
if you drop me an email
sale@sandsmodels.com
i will gladly send you a pdf price list
thanks
shaun
www.sandsmodels.com
sales@sandsmodels.com
makers of 20mm and 28mm vehicles, guns, figures and buildings for the gamer.

Offline tnjrp

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The dog, the dog, he's at it again
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2012, 12:27:03 PM »
For the future: Atenociti, Pig Iron, Old Crow and Scotia Grendel are all in the UK as I recall.
http://www.antenocitisworkshop.com/
http://pig-iron-productions.com/
http://www.oldcrowmodels.co.uk/
http://www.scotiagrendel.com/Products/

All produce 28mm (or thereabouts) resin vehicles which may or may not be yer cuppa. Several UK shops sell US minis but I don't know if they have anything better really.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 12:29:13 PM by tnjrp »

Offline Keith

• Mastermind
    • Small Wars Blog
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2012, 12:30:25 PM »
We (Empress Miniatures) sell the rather nice Imprint Models Modern vehicles line. the Stryker and MGS Stryker look pretty darn futuristic, and I imagine that a lot of the Russian vehicles will still be in service somewhere for many years to come:

http://www.empressminiatures.com/userimages/procart39.htm
An infrequent Blog http://small-wars.com

Offline tnjrp

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2012, 12:43:08 PM »
One more, had to check what the company that took up GZG's old 25mm vehicle line was called:
http://daemonscape.co.uk/contents/en-uk/d5.html

IOW, more futuristic resin vehicles. Some may be on a little small side for 28mm.

Offline Commander Vyper

• Galactic Brain
  • Remember Reach.
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2012, 01:35:25 PM »
BTW Old crow are now with Anisty, who have some nice sci-fi deck cars and flatbeds too.
Now water can flow....or water can crash...be water my friend.
Sifu Bruce Lee.

Offline Inso

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Often confused or misunderstood...
    • Inso's World
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2012, 03:46:56 PM »
BTW Old crow are now with Anisty, who have some nice sci-fi deck cars and flatbeds too.

I thought that Old Crow used to own the Ainsty stuff and sold it on... I don't think it is on their site any more.

To add to the stuff that has been mentioned, I have recently purchased Old Crow and Kryomek vehicles (from Scotia) and have had great service. The Old Crow stuff takes a month or so (at times) to arrive but is some of the best cast resin in the business. The Kryomek stuff is excellent quality as well...with miniman filling required.

I also have some of the Void1.1 vehicles that are available from Scotia Grendel (Ronin, Corvus Walker andTiger walker) and they are very good (although the Ronin is fairly small for what you would expect).

Some of the GZG stuff from Daemonscape may seem small but other pieces aren't... it all depends on the vehicle you order as there seems to be a bit of disparity between the vehicle sizes at times. I can't give any comments on Daemonscape because I have never bought through them (and they have been dilligently re-mastering and updating the GZG ranges) but I have been disappointed by the quality of GZG casts. I am sure that Daemonscape have improved things though (judging by their E-bay site images).

The Fenris Marauder kits are excellent. I have two of them and they are really crisp with excellent service from Fenris too. You need to clean them up a little more (some quite large pour points) but the results are definitely worth it. I glued 20mm bases behind the wheels to add a bit of width to the wheel base but it wasn't necessary (a style thing).

Offline tnjrp

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2012, 05:45:07 AM »
Yes, it was the other way around - Old Crow bought Ainsty stuff, had it for a while and then sold it on.

Offline Oliver

• Librarian
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2012, 06:41:39 PM »
[quote author=Inso link=topic=39797.msg464828#msg464828
Some of the GZG stuff from Daemonscape may seem small but other pieces aren't... it all depends on the vehicle you order as there seems to be a bit of disparity between the vehicle sizes at times. I can't give any comments on Daemonscape because I have never bought through them (and they have been dilligently re-mastering and updating the GZG ranges) but I have been disappointed by the quality of GZG casts. I am sure that Daemonscape have improved things though (judging by their E-bay site images).
[/quote]

I have orderd a fair bit from them. Service is second to none and quality has been excellent! Terry has been doing a stellar job of tidying up the models.

Offline Inso

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Often confused or misunderstood...
    • Inso's World
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2012, 01:55:24 PM »
[quote author=Inso link=topic=39797.msg464828#msg464828

I have orderd a fair bit from them. Service is second to none and quality has been excellent! Terry has been doing a stellar job of tidying up the models.

I thought that would be the case...he seems to be pouring a lot of love into some old casts that really needed it. It is good to hear trhe range has not only returned but has improved in the process.

Offline Commander Vyper

• Galactic Brain
  • Remember Reach.
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2012, 06:08:51 PM »
Yes, it was the other way around - Old Crow bought Ainsty stuff, had it for a while and then sold it on.

I thought that Old Crow used to own the Ainsty stuff and sold it on... I don't think it is on their site any more.

As of the 1st of February 2011, Old Crow Models sold on the Ainsty ranges. They have now been relaunched by Andy Lyon at:

Thank you to all of you who have supported the Ainsty products under the Old Crow banner. We wish the new owner well for the future.

Andy bought Ainsty.

Naywayy, the Fenris Marauder is nice, (I should know I convinced Ian to re-model and cast it as it was an old project he did ages ago. Don't forget the Robogear (airfix) sci-fi stuff, oop but still around, the T-rex walker was nice, I have 3! :D I've got some of the Varans for sale if anyones interested, (tracked Missile launchers).

Cheers

The Commander
« Last Edit: March 29, 2012, 06:12:34 PM by Commander Vyper »

Offline King Tiger

• Scientist
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2012, 07:25:15 PM »
We (Empress Miniatures) sell the rather nice Imprint Models Modern vehicles line. the Stryker and MGS Stryker look pretty darn futuristic, and I imagine that a lot of the Russian vehicles will still be in service somewhere for many years to come:

http://www.empressminiatures.com/userimages/procart39.htm
Those strykers are perfect, will certainly remember those easily enough as I'm currently doing zulu war models as well, and guess where some of those come from haha

Offline voltan

• Mastermind
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2012, 08:54:47 PM »
so yes, any help would be appreciated, I do recall a company selling a 1/56th scale chieftain tank, if anyone knows it that would be a great start as its a gorgeous tank

That was from chieftain miniatures or models, I forget which, but the company was sold on. Sloppy jalopy have the moulds now but haven't re-released the chieftain yet.
Yvan eht nioj!

Offline King Tiger

• Scientist
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2012, 10:18:33 PM »
That was from chieftain miniatures or models, I forget which, but the company was sold on. Sloppy jalopy have the moulds now but haven't re-released the chieftain yet.
Will have to keep an eye peeled, gorgeous tank the chieftain is