Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 03:06:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689757
  • Total Topics: 118293
  • Online Today: 786
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online
Users: 7
Guests: 625
Total: 632

Recent

Author Topic: M.O.O.S.(E). Ministry of Occult Studies (England): 12/10 Game shots  (Read 677851 times)

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
    • Blind Beggar Miniatures
Re: An Unholy Place... M.O.O.S.(E). Ministry of Occult Studies (England) UD:25/10
« Reply #3225 on: October 26, 2017, 12:49:07 PM »
Thanks, chaps.
More pics of this weeks set-up later.....

Offline horridperson

• Mad Scientist
  • Doing the Will of The Horned Cat
    • Void Spaces
Re: An Unholy Place... M.O.O.S.(E). Ministry of Occult Studies (England) UD:25/10
« Reply #3226 on: October 26, 2017, 02:21:23 PM »
That is impressive.  The cadaver scatter is fantastic.  I think it works so well because it isn't a wall of gory viscera.  There are so many applications for a piece of scenery like that.  With the right period clothing your sacrifices could be mass graves in a bush war or zombie apocalypse.  If I can find the bodies I'm copying you :D

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
« Reply #3227 on: October 26, 2017, 03:07:52 PM »
That is impressive.  The cadaver scatter is fantastic.  I think it works so well because it isn't a wall of gory viscera.  There are so many applications for a piece of scenery like that.  With the right period clothing your sacrifices could be mass graves in a bush war or zombie apocalypse.  If I can find the bodies I'm copying you :D

I always try and keep all of my scenery as generic as possible to increase its usefulness.
In fact, almost all of the scenery in this set-up was originally intended for Mordheim but it has seen extensive use in plenty of different genres.

The 'zombie spawning base' was originally made as a simple Scene of Horror for Strange Aeons but you are right, it would work equally well in any early twentieth century setting. The secret is to use as many 'civilian' types as possible, thus avoiding uniforms that would place the bodies in a particular locale. Most of the bodies on this base are made from Cold War Miniatures metals as they are quite thin but plastics like the Wargames Factory Survivors and Zombies would work pretty well too.

Here are another couple of shots where the base was used as a 'Spawning Point':

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
A New Building WIP... M.O.O.S.(E). Ministry of Occult Studies (England) UD:03/11
« Reply #3228 on: November 03, 2017, 04:37:16 PM »
It has been a long time since I added any new buildings to any of my projects and that has been bothering me lately.

Bearing in mind that I recently got given a few MDF buildings and a Plasticville Police Station, I thought it was high time I did something about that.

The Police Station is the first thing that will be visited and I have plans on making it a little bit bigger and, hopefully, a little more generic so that it can also get away with being used in more 'futuristic' settings too.
We shall see.

Here is the base building before I start pulling it apart....

Offline Elk101

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
That looks like a useful starting point. What mdf kits did you get?  ??? I always like seeing how you improve them basic buildings.

Offline horridperson

• Mad Scientist
  • Doing the Will of The Horned Cat
    • Void Spaces
That looks awesome with your renovation.  I love Plasticville buildings once they get some paint on on them.  The police station is definitely on my list.  I especially like the single story ones as it's much easier to model interiors.  While the hospital seems a proper two stories my two story residentials seem a little low on the 2nd floor.  Your terrain has such character and an identity of it's own.  Following your thread gives me inspiration.

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
Thanks, chaps.
Much appreciated.
 :)

I have made a start by removing the ridiculous chimney with its vents, as I have never seen ANYTHING like that before.
It seems very strange.

The roof has been cut down about an inch or so in line with the gap where the chimney was and a second storey has been added.
I used the interior from the Sarissa warehouse to make the upper floor as I do not make interiors as a rule.

The stairs in this picture will be very useful for a later build.

This new layout has left space for a balcony on the front edge, making it a much more visually appealing building.

Piccies of the progress tomorrow...

What mdf kits did you get?  ???

Legionnaire Bert was given a few buildings and passed a few on to me, including the Sarrissa Warehouse, a couple of the smaller City Blocks and the Plasticville Police Station.
They will all be getting used soon for my new scenery project, which this will fit into too when it has it's 'Stage 2' components added.
 ;)

Offline Elk101

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
That's a nice score, good old Legionnaire Bert  ;)!  I like the look of that warehouse,  is it a decent kit?

Offline Ockman

• Mastermind
Nice building, it surely will be great when finished!

I've also come to the conclusion that playable interiors is the devil. It consumes a lot of time and still doesn't add very much value...

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
Despite my notifications being on I didn't get any. That aside, the game & the new buildings look WONDERFUL.
The old Plasticville stuff brings back fond memories of my American Flyers. GREAT STUFF as always!
I'd NEVER join a club that would have me as a member.  G.Marx

Offline gamer Mac

• Galactic Brain
Looking forward to the new buildings
This thread is a bit small for you its about time you added some more

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
That's a nice score, good old Legionnaire Bert  ;)!  I like the look of that warehouse,  is it a decent kit?

The warehouse is nice. It is a big building and would probably serve those that utilise interiors better.
I am going to be using the inside in a different way, but that will become clear later.
 ;)

Nice building, it surely will be great when finished!

I've also come to the conclusion that playable interiors is the devil. It consumes a lot of time and still doesn't add very much value...

I am pretty much with you regarding interiors, and also do not like the idea of a bunch of buildings with their roof removed. It just ruins the illusion to me....I can see why others love interiors, though. Horses for courses, and all that.
 :)

Despite my notifications being on I didn't get any. That aside, the game & the new buildings look WONDERFUL.
The old Plasticville stuff brings back fond memories of my American Flyers. GREAT STUFF as always!

Thanks, Al.
The Plasticville range provide a good starting point for a decent building, I reckon.

Looking forward to the new buildings
This thread is a bit small for you its about time you added some more

I know, I have been a little lax with this thread...
 ;D

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
A New Building WIP... M.O.O.S.(E). Ministry of Occult Studies (England) UD:04/11
« Reply #3237 on: November 04, 2017, 02:07:24 PM »
Piccies of the progress tomorrow...

A quick piccie of the progress so far (see the previous page for a piccie of the original building before any work was done to it), with the roof just sitting in place for now....

« Last Edit: December 07, 2017, 06:01:50 PM by Mason »

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
No Escape..? M.O.O.S.(E). Ministry of Occult Studies (England) UD:05/11
« Reply #3238 on: November 05, 2017, 12:27:41 PM »
On another note, Agent Silus Pinkytow and his team snuck into Foulmouth to investigate yet another reported 'disappearance'.
It seems that their presence is not exactly welcome and that the locals wanted to 'discuss' their visit in a rather unfriendly manner.
Pinkytow decided to get out of town after 'Lucky Lil' received yet another chronic injury.
Unfortunately they have not managed to do that yet, having been stymied in their attempts by the appearance of many strange fishlike creatures who seemed intent on preventing their escape....

« Last Edit: November 05, 2017, 12:29:46 PM by Mason »

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
Building WIP M.O.O.S.(E). Ministry of Occult Studies (England) UD:16/11
« Reply #3239 on: November 16, 2017, 09:06:15 PM »
Started getting some proper paint on the building, as well as adding windows and a porch to hide the 'Plasticville' sign over the door.
A little more paint and I can start on the basing and finishing, hopefully over the weekend....