Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 10:58:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690627
  • Total Topics: 118340
  • Online Today: 866
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: M.O.O.S.(E). Ministry of Occult Studies (England): 12/10 Game shots  (Read 678404 times)

Offline Rabbitz

• Mad Scientist
    • Unit57
That’s an excellent looking build.  It reminds me so much of St James Park Police Station

Integrity is non negotiable

My little blog

www.unit57inminiature.blogspot.com.au

Offline Dr DeAth

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • My Little Lead Men
Spiffing!  like the weathering and the growies.
Photos of my recent efforts are at www.littleleadmen.com and https://beaverlickfalls.blogspot.com

Offline von Lucky

• Galactic Brain
  • Melbourne, Australia
    • Donner und Blitzen Wargaming
The best thing about doing this building is that I now have my mojo back, which has seen me finish painting a few miniatures as well in the last couple of weeks.

Looking good and good to hear!
- Karsten

"Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Blog: Donner und Blitzen

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
    • Blind Beggar Miniatures
Thanks!
 :D

That’s an excellent looking build.  It reminds me so much of St James Park Police Station

It really does.
What a happy coincidence.
 8)

Glad to hear it!

Looking good and good to hear!

It really has. A God and a Legend for my Greek OGAM force and four Androids finished this week alone.
Plenty more half finished and on the way for both subjects too.
 :D

Offline horridperson

• Mad Scientist
  • Doing the Will of The Horned Cat
    • Void Spaces
The reno looks fantastic.  The additions make the poor Plasticville building look livable.  I have a bunch and find they always seem to be shy a few square feet to be quite plausible and now it looks just right.  The grubbery and shrubbery are sharp.

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
The reno looks fantastic.  The additions make the poor Plasticville building look livable.  I have a bunch and find they always seem to be shy a few square feet to be quite plausible and now it looks just right. 

Thanks.
I know what you mean.
They look fine as is but do need a few modifications to really bring the best out of them.
A bit like most MDF kits: They reward the effort that you put in.

The grubbery and shrubbery are sharp.

That did give me a chuckle.
 lol

Offline Constable Bertrand

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Make and Paint Blog
Well I guess that's ok.
 lol

Nah, looks good mate 8)
Was the top floor custom made or another building added on-top? The balcony is nice  :-*

Cheers
Matt

Offline Rabbitz

• Mad Scientist
    • Unit57
Just so you know St James Park Police station goes quite deep underground.   It’s a bit like mostly buried pyramid.  The bottom floor actually has links to the London Underground via service tunnels.  It’s also designed to double up as a morgue if needed.   I spent quite z few years working there and it has many little secrets that you wouldn’t know were there. 
So really, it’s a great location for occult studies, being a stones grow from both 10 Downing Street and Buckingham Palace.

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
Was the top floor custom made or another building added on-top? The balcony is nice  :-*

The top floor is made using the interior of the Sarissa Warehouse that I have, donated to the cause by Legionnaire Bert.
If you look you will notice the main 'front wall' of the upper storey and the 'balcony'...

...whilst the lower floor of the interior provided the rear and side walls of the new extension.
The gantry railing was cut up and became the side 'windows' on the upper extension.
Strips of basewood were added to provide detailing and break up the rather flat appearance.

The railings at the front of the new building were also taken from the Warehouse.

The warehouse will be utilised soon, but as I do not use interiors I decided to make use of these 'extras' for this.

« Last Edit: December 09, 2017, 08:52:48 AM by Mason »

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
Just so you know St James Park Police station goes quite deep underground.   It’s a bit like mostly buried pyramid.  The bottom floor actually has links to the London Underground via service tunnels.  It’s also designed to double up as a morgue if needed.   I spent quite z few years working there and it has many little secrets that you wouldn’t know were there. 
So really, it’s a great location for occult studies, being a stones grow from both 10 Downing Street and Buckingham Palace.

Ah, so you used to work at a Government facility that was mostly hidden underground that has secret links to the tube network and is a stones throw from Downing Street and Buck House, eh.
Agents Rabbitz, your secret is safe with us.
 ;) :D

Funny you should mention that, as it is something that has been discussed within our group: That this could be the secret M.O.O.S.(E). HQ building with the majority of the premises being a secret underground base (I had it in a more remote location, rather than in the heart of London, though). But that would just be silly, wouldn't it?
 lol lol

Offline NurgleHH

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
  • Spacelord
    • Victory Decision Vietnam
Wow Paul, you never talked about these beauties! Great work, old man
Victory Decision Vietnam here: leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=43264.0

Victory Decision Spacelords here: leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=68939.0

My pictures: http://pictures.dirknet.de/

Offline NurgleHH

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
  • Spacelord
I hate spiders!  :o
I am allowed to say it: you pussy!

Offline von Lucky

• Galactic Brain
  • Melbourne, Australia
    • Donner und Blitzen Wargaming
I hate spiders too! (Well white-tails in particular. Don't believe their propaganda where they refute the claims against them of their bites causing necrotic ulcers.)

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
Wow Paul, you never talked about these beauties! Great work, old man

Cheers, mate.
Although I ma unsure what you are referring to with the 'beauties' bit....not the spiders, surely?
 ;)

For the record: I hate spiders too. They are EVIL!
 :o

Offline NurgleHH

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
  • Spacelord
Cheers, mate.
Although I ma unsure what you are referring to with the 'beauties' bit....not the spiders, surely?
 ;)

For the record: I hate spiders too. They are EVIL!
 :o
Ok, Driscole is not the only Pussy  ;)

Spiders are nice animals