Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 06:30:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689713
  • Total Topics: 118289
  • Online Today: 768
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Alpha Forge Official Unofficial Salvage Run Contest  (Read 1916 times)

Offline supervike

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • supervike's stuff
Alpha Forge Official Unofficial Salvage Run Contest
« on: January 20, 2008, 05:38:20 PM »
Hi.

Alpha Forge puts out some fantastic minis, and I took a real liking to them as soon as I spotted them because of the quirkiness of the minis and the ruleset.

Anyhow, Alpha Forge Games changed hands during last fall and interest over at the site has waned to near nothing.

I became a moderator of the site (mostly just because I was always there  :D ) and I'd just hate to see it fade away into obscurity...SO.

I am starting an 'official unofficial Salvage Run Contest'.

We had a pretty good 'Official' one back in 2006, and I was hoping to drum up a few more contestants for this one.

So, if you have AFG minis waiting to be painted, why not enter the contest....

Its simple.

The 'salvage run' is broken up into painting segments.  Each phase is a different grouping of your overall crew.  The first part is for the BOSS and Shareholders of your gang.  The other phases will include 'Crew members" and "Vehicles and Equipment"

You can choose any of the Star Mogul's races.  Proxy models ARE allowed, as a conversions, so let your creativity flow.  You can enter as many crews as you can paint!!

Humans
Asteroid Miners
Hydrissians
Mephaliens
Cult of X-12

Also in addition to the FIRST PHASE, you will need to come up with 'game stats' for each (if you don't have the rules, don't fret, I can help you out with the stats!!) and a bit of a backstory for your minis (my favorite part!)  

Jay, the new owner has said he will donate some prizes to the cause.  I haven't worked out judging yet, but I'll figure something out.

Feb. 15th is set to be the deadline of the first 'phase'. (although if there is more interest, I can adjust the date)

Anyhow, here is the site address if any of you would care to join up and check it out...

http://www.alphaforgeforum.com/

The Thread concerning the Salvage Run can be found here:

http://www.alphaforgeforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=609&sid=68fc0551cd13021a0b38064d6340db18

Join up to the site if you haven't already...

Also, if there are any questions are concerns, aim them at me, I'll do my best to answer them.