Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 11:15:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690336
  • Total Topics: 118326
  • Online Today: 594
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Jungle natives  (Read 5634 times)

Offline Lowtardog

• Galactic Brain
Jungle natives
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2008, 10:34:48 PM »
Quote from: "area23"
But shouldn't south american natives be at least a head smaller than Europeans/Caucasians anyway? I know all the indigos in Mexico were way smaller than I am, and all photos of Amazonian tribals I've seen show them smaller than western anthropologists/scientists/aid-workers/travellers.

Copplestone figs are bigger than Foundry or Brigade and I believe Pulp Figs too. I don't think he made new dollies for the natives range.

The Botocudo were quite tall and fair skinned (similar to the Portuguese) certianly taller than Tupi who were invaders to the coastal region form the interior

Eureka have shorter ones if you want to go that way. But not advertised (you would have to e-mail to request them)

I got a load of these for Christmas and they are very nice, also check out their Portuguese for Swashbucklers galore

Lots in this thread
http://www.chronofus.net/php/viewtopic.php?t=191

http://www.chronofus.net/wargames/eureka/100club/renaissance/TupiSpear.jpg

Offline Darkoath

• Mastermind
Jungle natives
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2008, 10:50:04 AM »
Black Tree Design has a huge 28mm Zulu range... the pictures of these miniatures look very nice....

Also I believe Redout also have a large Zulu range... though thier figures can be a bit on the large side... I also don't own any of these figures.

I was planning on getting some BTD Zulu figures myself...  too many miniatures to buy! :freak:

Offline The Hooded Claw

• Scientist
Jungle natives
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2008, 07:19:21 PM »
Why are those awesome Tupi not on Eureka's site?  And where can you get them from if not the site?
-Eli

"I See Lead People"

Visit I SEE LEAD PEOPLE!

Offline area23

• Mastermind
    • area23
Jungle natives
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2008, 07:55:13 PM »
Just had some email conversations this week about an order with Eureka. Brilliant service and very communicative. I'm quite sure they can do a lot for you when you mail them.
If you don't believe in lead, you're already dead.
+++AREA23 BLOG+++

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
Jungle natives
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2008, 09:01:28 PM »
Nice to know you got great service, but it's an odd way of doing business...

I'd like to get some of Eureka's Portuguese conquistadors - Lowtardog has shown me some lovely pics - the range looks extensive. But I don't get why they have unreleased ranges which you have to apply for privately.

I know it's small-minded of me, but if they can't get around to making their product readily available, then I question if I really want to go through hoops in order to do business with them...  :(

I'm sure it's down to manufacturing capacity or quality or stock control. But most other manufacturers seem to get new stuff out pretty quickly - which seems like good business sense. Having a range which you just sit on for a year and can only be bought under the counter seems a little perverse...  :?

Offline Lowtardog

• Galactic Brain
Jungle natives
« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2008, 12:32:09 AM »
Quote from: "Captain Blood"
Nice to know you got great service, but it's an odd way of doing business...

I'd like to get some of Eureka's Portuguese conquistadors - Lowtardog has shown me some lovely pics - the range looks extensive. But I don't get why they have unreleased ranges which you have to apply for privately.

I know it's small-minded of me, but if they can't get around to making their product readily available, then I question if I really want to go through hoops in order to do business with them...  :(

I'm sure it's down to manufacturing capacity or quality or stock control. But most other manufacturers seem to get new stuff out pretty quickly - which seems like good business sense. Having a range which you just sit on for a year and can only be bought under the counter seems a little perverse...  :?

I asked the same question and the answer was that they only sell them when they have the wile range complete (now it may be they will release more variants on the Portuguese or Tupi I am not sure.