Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 03:14:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689757
  • Total Topics: 118293
  • Online Today: 786
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Brass Reload Tokens?  (Read 1185 times)

Offline Daeothar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • D1-Games: a DWAN Corporate initiative
    • 1999legacy.com
Brass Reload Tokens?
« on: April 10, 2012, 08:38:09 PM »
As it says on the tin; I'm looking for those...

I have received a couple of boxes of empty shells (.38 and .357) from a friend, which I intend to use as ammo counters in the roleplaying campaign I'm running. This is obviously inspired by the awesome wooden ammo counters that were shown off in some AAR here on LAF a while ago. I just loved the idea of having players drop empty shells in a box whenever they fire their guns.

I can do the woodwork (and I will post the results here, obviously), and I have the shells, but I'm also looking for a way to keep track of how many reloads they all have. Now, I can do the sensible thing, and record it on paper, but what's the fun in that? I'm already known as the prop-DM, and in keeping with that reputation, I was thinking of handing each player a number of tokens/coins; one for each reload they have on their person.

They can then, during the session, cash in this coin with me, the DM, for a fresh handful of rounds for their magazine/clip. This should also make keeping track of their ammo count a lot easier.

But here's the difficult part; to keep things in the spirit of the other props (hard wood magazines, brass shells, metal ammo box for dumping the shells), I want those tokens/coins to also be made of brass. Preferably with something like 'RELOAD' stamped on them. I've found plenty of slot machine stuff, but nothing with anything even remotely in the spirit of what I'm looking for.

I did find the Litko stuff (http://www.litko.net/products/Gun-Reload-Tokens-%28Set-of-10%29.html), and whilst nice, they're not brass.

The closest I came though, is DerajStudio: http://derajstudios.com/onlinestore/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=17, but 1) there's no pictures, and 2) never heard of them. So; does anyone have experience with this company? Or even better; does anyone have their reload coins, and do you have a picture to share?

Or; do you know of any other source for what I'm looking for? Thanks and cheers in advance of course...
« Last Edit: April 11, 2012, 06:06:05 PM by Daeothar »
Miniatures you say? Well I too, like to live dangerously...
Find a Way, or make one!