Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 01:25:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: A Rough Future Skirmish Project - Another space gnoll 2/8/18  (Read 49651 times)

Offline mattblackgod

• Mad Scientist
  • Post Apocalyptic Nut Job
    • Post Apoc Wargames Forum
Re: Some slightly different wastelanders. Paint/story update 14/5!
« Reply #30 on: May 15, 2012, 09:59:14 PM »
Great fluff and minis.  :-*
Mattblackgod's world - Games and minis blog.

Offline MrHarold

• Mad Scientist
  • Leading the way to where ever it is we're going...
    • ClearHorizon Miniatures
« Reply #31 on: May 15, 2012, 10:21:24 PM »
Those conversions are boss!!  Some really great stuff there, I look forward to seeing more!
ClearHorizon Miniatures - 15mm Sci-Fi Miniatures
http://www.clearhorizonminiatures.com

ClearHorizon Salavge - 15mm Miniatures Blog
http://clearhorizonsalvage.blogspot.com

Offline Diakon

• Mad Scientist
  • Fancy a Battlefight?
    • My Blog - Tales From The Lead Pile
« Reply #32 on: May 21, 2012, 05:49:33 PM »
This is awesome stuff dude. An interesting little corner of the 40k universe.

Offline Scarper

• Scientist
« Reply #33 on: May 24, 2012, 03:55:02 PM »
Thanks so much, guys, I really appreciate the comments! Just realised that I haven't posted this here yet:

In the most dysfunctional family photo ever, here's the entire QA. I'm done with the sculpting on all of them, but most have yet to be painted. From left to right: Tracker (Branan), Unfortunate victim #1, Colm, Sidekick, Latchkey (Caleb), The Warden, Magpie (Silon), Tollen, Lodge, Scaff, Raston. It's a pretty big picture, so you should be able to click on it and zoom right in for a better look.

Hope you like them, and please let me know what you reckon, good or bad - I'd love to know how to improve!

Offline Diakon

• Mad Scientist
  • Fancy a Battlefight?
    • My Blog - Tales From The Lead Pile
Re: Some slightly different wastelanders. Big group shot 24/5
« Reply #34 on: May 24, 2012, 10:45:42 PM »
Look fantastic. Can't wait to see them all painted as the painted ones look great.

Offline inkwell

• Scientist
« Reply #35 on: May 25, 2012, 12:55:31 AM »
There is nothing like a well converted fig :-*

Offline Too Bo Coo

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The Adder Noir
« Reply #36 on: May 25, 2012, 03:54:40 PM »
There is nothing like a well converted fig :-*

hear hear!
"A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men."
-Willy Wonka

Offline Infojunky

• Bookworm
  • Just another Brain in a Box
« Reply #37 on: May 26, 2012, 09:18:42 AM »

Offline Scarper

• Scientist
« Reply #38 on: May 26, 2012, 09:50:42 PM »
@Diakon - Thanks so much! Painting is ongoing, albeit slowly. Should have a bit more time in a few weeks, after my finals.

@inkwell - Thank you for the kind words - I really appreciate that  :D

@Too Bo Coo - Thanks again!

@Infojunky - Hehehe, thanks again for keeping up, really glad you like it!

Today's update is another LA mini, with a little conversion. The dead stalkers make great loot markers, but i didn't like this lady's hand too much, so scratch built a replacement. Hope you like her!

I should have some fluff or a new mini up in the next week or so, but I'd love any tips on painting - the level of skill on this site is fairly incredible, and I'd love to improve! So feel free to critique away, I'm grateful for anything, good or bad  ;)

Cheers for the interest so far!

Offline Infojunky

• Bookworm
Re: Some slightly different wastelanders. LA dead stalker 26/5
« Reply #39 on: May 26, 2012, 10:34:08 PM »
Hey you are doing a great service to me, in that when I assert that 40k is a great source for Post Apocalyptic goodness I have a project to point at.

I have been working on to paralel projects for a while, ok on is really a side project, but any hows... They are Post Apocalyptic silliness framed by the Fallout francise and 40k in 15mm, and formed a 3rd tangental project that combines all the bits while removing the spaceships parts.... My current thought is what good is a dystopian future if you can't drive to it?

Offline Scarper

• Scientist
Re: Some slightly different wastelanders. LA dead stalker 26/5
« Reply #40 on: May 30, 2012, 09:19:42 PM »
Thanks so much, infojunky - hope you can convince a few of your mates!  lol I'd love to see your own project - have you posted it up on LAF?

Panting, Solomon slowed his sprint to a jog, finally stopping and collapsing  against the railing beside him. It shifted, but took his weight. Several figures stumbled behind him, heavy packs and gear thumping against their backs, headlamps flashing in the half light. Solomon checked the charge on his power pack, setting the rifle down on the rusted metal floor. Taking a moment to catch his breath, he turned to the oldest of the group behind him, a man with sparse white hair, cradling a battered long rifle.

“Alright,” He muttered. “We’re clear, I think. Lor, did you get the one that was following?”

The old man nodded, a grin revealing his missing teeth. A younger girl slid to a seated position, hands trembling

“Good.” He whispered to himself. Sitting down beside her, he cuffed Jorn round the back of the head, half miming. “Lot of trouble we didn’t need, kid.” She looked up at him, smiling. “Leave the walkers to themselves.” The leader turned to the other men -  “Mule, can you keep a watch? Might be more behind us. Corin, you’ve still got some more heat packs, right? Get one going. Got a couple of cells I need to recharge.”

“What were they?!” Jorn was still out of breath, a slight quaver in her voice. “Why didn’t they go down?”

“Walkers?” Solomon sighed. “They’re sick people. You really need to learn to keep your cool, Jorn. You find them in some of the older parts of the Hive, or out in the Wastes. You come across any more, save your ammo. Takes a lot to drop one, and they’re not the brightest. Steer clear of them, and they’ll leave you alone”. She looked chastened, then her features hardened. Solomon regretted being harsh on her – he could barely remember the first time he’d seen the damned things.

“I’m sorry,” she spoke. “They just startled me, is all. “What happened to them? Why are they - like that?”

“No one really knows, Jorn. They’re sick, they’ll pass on what they got to you if they bite you, so just stay the hell clear, alright?”

Lorek coughed, sifting through his pack for a canteen. “You’ll be too young to remember the militias, eh, girl? They were around before the Evac – pro-government, pro-rebel, whatever. Bad people. Killed a lot of civilians for living in the wrong place, being kin with the wrong people.” He turned and met her gaze, taking a long swig from the canteen before offering it to her. “That’s what happened to them after they did what they did – it’s a curse. Poor bastards can’t die – you saw the state they were walking around in, right? That’s what happened to every one of them.”  He sighed as the younger man sitting beside him held in a laugh. “Deserve what they’re getting, course, but you wouldn’t wish that on anyone.” A pointed glare in Kaylan’s direction.

The younger man, a heavy set, dark skinned giant in a creaking mass of enforcer plate and leather, sneered at him. “There’s more to em than that, old man. Besides, a decent shot’ll still drop one. You seen the ones in the combat gear? You ever notice how many have PDF stuff on them? Mate of mine back in Roth used to put em down for their gear."

The old man scoffed. “Then your mate and everyone he sold to are probably more of them by now.”

“I heard that it was what the government used to do to defectors." Kaylan continued, his voice a few degrees louder. "Some engineered virus. A warning to everyone else.”

“Whatever they are,” Interjected Solomon. “They’re dangerous. So leave ‘em be.”

What self respecting Necro player could have got this far without a few plague zombies?! There are a few more in the works, but just thought I'd post these up for now. I wanted to do some that would fit into Caitiff, so I was going for a scavengery vibe, as always :D The gent who looks like he would have the most difficulty playing a guitar looks like he had a pretty rough time pre-infection - he is supposed to have an officer-style cap attached to his skull (you can see the nail that someone has kindly attached to stop it from blowing off in the 3rd pic).  I'm having a little difficulty in sculpting the rim - does anyone have any ideas? I've had trouble getting GS to support its own weight at that thinness, and my plasticard-fu is pretty poor, so I'm not really liking that option.

Anyway, hope you like, and thanks to everyone for all your comments so far - they are, as always, hugely appreciated! Hope you like these guys, and I'll try and keep a presence here as I drown in exams for the next few weeks  ;)
« Last Edit: June 02, 2012, 10:04:15 PM by Scarper »

Offline Scarper

• Scientist
Re: Some slightly different wastelanders. Some zombies! 30/5
« Reply #41 on: May 31, 2012, 10:21:34 AM »
One more zombie, and probs final model for a little while. I don't like him as much as the others, but he was still fun to make!

« Last Edit: May 31, 2012, 02:31:52 PM by Scarper »

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
Re: Some slightly different wastelanders. Some zombies! 31/5
« Reply #42 on: June 02, 2012, 04:26:53 PM »
Splendid stuff, one of these days I'll actually open up my packs of green stuff and try some of this... :)
2024 Painted Miniatures: 203
('23: 159, '22: 214, '21: 148, '20: 207, '19: 123, '18: 98, '17: 226, '16: 233, '15: 32, '14: 116)

https://myminiaturemischief.blogspot.com
Find us at TurnStyle Games on Facebook!

Offline Infojunky

• Bookworm
« Reply #43 on: June 02, 2012, 09:55:40 PM »
So happiness is a full flamethrower?

Offline Scarper

• Scientist
« Reply #44 on: June 06, 2012, 09:14:19 AM »
Thanks guys!

@Elbows - Give it a go! It's got a bit of a learning curve, but as long as you use some tools (not your fingers!) and keep everything wet so the GS doesn't stick to anything, you'll get something passable in no time. I'm no expert, and it's a lot of fun to make something your own.

@infojunky - That or a steady hand and a high calibre pistol  lol

Just some quick terrain type pieces from Black Cat Bases I knocked together between revision over the last few days:

There was a fair bit of bubbling and what looked like parts of the mould(!) still attached to some of the bits I got from these guys, but for the price and the character, I'm not complaining at all! Paint job's a little sloppy, but they were fun to paint up. Hope you like em!