Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 04:23:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689835
  • Total Topics: 118300
  • Online Today: 798
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: 1/56 Armored train news  (Read 16488 times)

Offline CompanyB

• Mastermind
    • http://www.companyb.biz
1/56 Armored train news
« on: January 25, 2008, 07:17:12 PM »
Hi guys and gals..

Well, the train is in casting!  Hopefully I'll actually have a few test casts sent to me next week!  We hope to have an initial batch ready for a debut at Cold Wars here in the US. The first wave will be the Armored Train and tender, plus a flat car that can be converted to either a gondola, or armored field gun car.

http://homepage.mac.com/brentdietrich/companyB_greens.htm

It will also be released about the same time with the model T ambulance!

Also, as you can see on the link above, the B2 Halftrack is about complete!  all that is needed is the front tires.

I'll be working on the RCW Rail Assault coach next!  Which is basically an enclosed troop car with two pivoted maxims on each side.  all the while I'll also be starting the Brigade Games U-boat!

Anyway, folks who want the train can e-mail us to get on the initial list, so we can calculate how many to cast.  

more pics to follow when samples arrive!

Oh, and our next release in 1/56 this Spring is a Rolls Royce Armored Car.  Three different variants (four including the tender) sculpted by Mr. Tony Ashcroft and some minor conversions by myself. If I'm lucky, I can squeeze the converted B2 warlord armored halftrack in there somewhere!

Brent
Company B[/url]

Offline Helen

• The Grey Heron
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
1/56 Armored train news
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2008, 08:22:54 PM »
Hi Brent, some very good news here.

Brent, I've been reading a fair number of books on German East Africa recently  and I noticed that they did have the T Model Ford ambulances there. What we would love to see in the future is a driver in cork helmet and with goggles on his helmet. This would cover all theatres.

Cheers and Best Wishes.
Best wishes,
Helen
Love many things, for therein lies the true strength, and whosoever loves much performs much, and can accomplish much, and what is done in love is done well (V van Gogh)

Offline archangel1

• Mastermind
Re: 1/56 Armored train news
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2008, 06:03:33 AM »
Quote from: "CompanyB"
Hi guys and gals..

...It will also be released about the same time with the model T ambulance!

On my 'must get' list, as is the Model T pickup! :love:

...Oh, and our next release in 1/56 this Spring is a Rolls Royce Armored Car.  Three different variants (four including the tender) sculpted by Mr. Tony Ashcroft and some minor conversions by myself...

Finally, a scale Rolls, several of them! :love:

Thank you, thank you, grovel, grovel.. :D
Why take Life seriously? You'll never get out of it alive!

Offline Driscoles

• The Dude
  • Galactic Brain
1/56 Armored train news
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2008, 07:29:22 AM »
The armoured train is extraordinary beautiful !
I know a few people here who need it  :)
, ,

Offline Trencher

• Scientist
1/56 Armored train news
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2008, 08:02:11 AM »
Excellent stuff! Keep it coming! Looking forward to the "Roller"...

BTW, this Citroen Kegresse could be surely converted into this:

TANK POLO? God, how our gardener hated that game!

Offline CompanyB

• Mastermind
1/56 Armored train news
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2008, 08:19:05 AM »
cats out of da bag!  Trencher, you managed to find a picture of the halftrack I'm working on!  As far as I can tell, that's about the same design of several that were used by a Chinese Warlord.

It's in progress...and will use some of the metal bits from the B2 kit, but will pretty much be a whole new model.  I'll need to get someone to sculpt me a nice crew for it too.

-Brent

Company B

Offline Poliorketes

• King of the Congo
  • Scatterbrained Genius
  • Never look back
1/56 Armored train news
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2008, 09:34:07 AM »
Yeah! This might become a good year, after all!
If you come for the king, you better not miss (Omar)

Offline Trencher

• Scientist
1/56 Armored train news
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2008, 10:37:40 AM »
Quote from: "CompanyB"
cats out of da bag!  Trencher, you managed to find a picture of the halftrack I'm working on!  As far as I can tell, that's about the same design of several that were used by a Chinese Warlord.

It's in progress...and will use some of the metal bits from the B2 kit, but will pretty much be a whole new model.  I'll need to get someone to sculpt me a nice crew for it too.

-Brent

Company B

Brent, that wasn't hard to find. I've got it from there:

http://derela.republika.pl/wz28.htm

That is the sort of halftrack that I need desperately for my Quar!

Now keep 'em coming!  :mrgreen:

Edit: As far as I know, they were used by the Vichy French in Syria in 1941. They were likely to meet one of your Rolls Royce Armoured Car variants there - eh?

Offline Arrakis

• Lurker
1/56 Armored train news
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2008, 06:26:33 PM »
Thats great news :mrgreen:
The only constant is change

Offline PeteMurray

• Parapsychologist
  • Scatterbrained Genius
  • Cardinal Murray
1/56 Armored train news
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2008, 06:57:20 PM »
Damn. I'm going to have to set up Brigade Games as the account where my paycheck gets deposited.

I can't tell you how awesome I think it is to have a Chinese Warlord army with one of those zany halftracks. Plus then it could plausibly be fought by Reds with an armored train. The mind fills with possibilities!

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
  • Attic Attack: Mead and Dice!
    • Argonor's Wargames
1/56 Armored train news
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2008, 09:42:32 AM »
Quote from: "PeteMurray"
Damn. I'm going to have to set up Brigade Games as the account where my paycheck gets deposited.

I can't tell you how awesome I think it is to have a Chinese Warlord army with one of those zany halftracks. Plus then it could plausibly be fought by Reds with an armored train. The mind fills with possibilities!

:mrgreen:  :D
Ask at the LAF, and answer shall thy be given!

Cultist #84

Offline harmonkeys

• Assistant
  • aka Scott Pasha
1/56 Armored train news
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2008, 06:13:06 PM »
I NEED those Rolls Royces (sic). Together with my LCP Fords they'll make "mincemeat" of the Turks (wrong again, in my last "Price of Glory" game an AC was taken out by a Turkish rifle section who blew out two tires and killed the crew with one volley).
Any chance of seeing an open-top turret variant? No biggie.Also I know that in the Senussi campaign and supposedly in East Africa they would dismount the turret entirely and leave the Vickers in place. There's a picture of this (I believe) in "Steel Chariots in the Desert" by S.C. Rolls and also in the old Ballantine  book "Tanganyika Gyerilla".
You can count on me to buy at least two ACs and a tender or two, some Ford ambulances and trucks,  maybe more. Lordy, I'll be bankrupt.
Thanks for the good work
yours
Scott

Offline Ascent

• Student
1/56 Armored train news
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2008, 08:34:05 PM »
Is there anywhere in the UK that will be stocking the armoured train do you know or will I need to order it through Brigade?

I very much doubt that it would ever get used in a game but I just need one to go with my Bolshiviek army.

:love:

Also do you know where you could get the tracks to go with it?  they must be available somewhere but I know I can't think of anywhere.

Offline CompanyB

• Mastermind
1/56 Armored train news
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2008, 09:42:05 PM »
Wargames Command Post is our UK retail partner.  He carries the entire Company B lineup.  If something is not in stock, let him know and he'll grab it on his next reorder from us.

I'm sure if you ping him, he'll up his initial order of trains to cover you.  We'll have a link for track on our site.  It's cheap...about $6 US for three feet of flex track, so same piece can make curves or straights.

Brent
CompanyB

Offline CompanyB

• Mastermind
1/56 Armored train news
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2008, 09:43:29 PM »
More Rolls Royce info when we get closer to release...  We will have the open turreted versions as well....

-Brent
CompanyB