Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:54:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Captain Blood's Perry Mounted Men at Arms. P.156 Scots pike block painted  (Read 589257 times)

Online Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
Re: Captain Blood's Perry Mounted Men at Arms. NEW P.131 Mowbray to Framlingham!
« Reply #1965 on: October 28, 2020, 08:27:00 PM »
Beautiful painting! They will look superb on the tabletop, especially with that impressive standard. I am not an expert on the Period - were they really that large?

I guess so :)
All the banners and flag sheets for 28mm figures from a range of different manufacturers seem to be sized like this. This large, swallowtail job is the personal standard of the lord concerned, with his full livery emblazoned. Companies of men in his pay or under his command would have used smaller, square flags, bearing just his principal motif on his house colours.

Online Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
Re: Captain Blood's Perry Mounted Men at Arms. NEW P.131 Mowbray to Framlingham!
« Reply #1966 on: October 30, 2020, 02:33:01 PM »
A couple more mini modelling / kitbashing projects for NMTBH underway...

First, a model to represent the 'hidden ditch' special event... It's obviously not all that hidden really, but I'm going for the look of the Cock Beck after Towton, choked with unfortunate Lancastrians...

Next, to complement my battlefield casualty 'Daunted' markers, I thought I'd do a couple for mounted companies...
'Chiswick, fresh horses!!!' ;)

Offline NurgleHH

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
  • Spacelord
    • Victory Decision Vietnam
Re: Captain Blood's Perry Mounted Men at Arms. NEW P.132 The Hidden Ditch...
« Reply #1967 on: October 30, 2020, 02:40:24 PM »
Wow, you are coming to a point of modelling the Perrys never expected with their plastics. Did they know, what wonderful level you reached, moi capitan? Wonderful and really not seen before. Go on an I beg at the Perrys for ECW-Plastics.
Victory Decision Vietnam here: leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=43264.0

Victory Decision Spacelords here: leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=68939.0

My pictures: http://pictures.dirknet.de/

Offline Romark

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #1968 on: October 30, 2020, 02:43:31 PM »
Imaginative work Richard  8)

Offline OSHIROmodels

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Custom terrain a speciality.
    • Oshiro modelterrain
« Reply #1969 on: October 30, 2020, 02:48:01 PM »
I hope you stamped on the casualties as it used to be done with metals  lol
cheers

James

https://www.oshiromodels.co.uk/

Twitter account -     @OSHIROmodels
Instagram account - oshiromodels

http://redplanetminiatures.blogspot.co.uk/
http://jimbibblyblog.blogspot.com/

Offline Calimero

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #1970 on: October 30, 2020, 03:10:23 PM »

First, a model to represent the 'hidden ditch' special event... It's obviously not all that hidden really, but I'm going for the look of the Cock Beck after Towton, choked with unfortunate Lancastrians...

I guess that a natural accidents in the terrain doesn’t need to be that formidable to turn the table on what was very physical fights…
A CANADIAN local hobby store with a small selection of historical wargames miniatures (mainly from Warlords). They also have a great selection of paint and hobby accessories from Vallejo, Army painter, AK Interactive, Green Stuff World and more.; https://www.kingdomtitans.ca/us/

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
    • Just Add Water Wargaming Blog
« Reply #1971 on: October 30, 2020, 03:42:32 PM »
Nice  8)

Is that filler with sand that you have used to create the ditch Richard or the acrylic medium basing stuff?

Online Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
« Reply #1972 on: October 30, 2020, 06:09:24 PM »
Nice  8)

Is that filler with sand that you have used to create the ditch Richard or the acrylic medium basing stuff?

Thanks Darrell. It’s just a rolled snake of Green Stuff, with a generous helping of my usual ‘gloop’ on top (a mix of sand, PVA, emulsion, and a bit of fine model railway grit).

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
« Reply #1974 on: October 30, 2020, 07:18:02 PM »
Thanks Darrell. It’s just a rolled snake of Green Stuff, with a generous helping of my usual ‘gloop’ on top (a mix of sand, PVA, emulsion, and a bit of fine model railway grit).

Cheers Richard. I'm always trying top glean as much as I can re: terrain making and who knows, one day I might actually build up the courage to do it!  :o

Offline Tellus

• Scientist
« Reply #1975 on: October 31, 2020, 02:25:51 PM »
Pretty cool stuff, Richard.
Never thought I would  ever say that, but those plastic kits are a real blessing  :D

Offline Ray Rivers

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #1976 on: October 31, 2020, 03:48:42 PM »

Not being familiar with the rules... what happens with the "hidden ditch" event?

A guess: A ditch opens up and everyone in it dies. Kinda like a black hole, but obviously not as big.  ;)

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
« Reply #1977 on: October 31, 2020, 04:02:41 PM »
Not being familiar with the rules... what happens with the "hidden ditch" event?

A guess: A ditch opens up and everyone in it dies. Kinda like a black hole, but obviously not as big.  ;)

It appears to just pop up! It's actually an event card (you had probably guessed as much), the idea being that it just wasn't visible from the enemies starting position.

Offline Ray Rivers

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #1978 on: October 31, 2020, 05:13:17 PM »
Understood. My question being more of what impact does it play on the game? I'm guessing that crossing it can disorder troops, but who knows... maybe everyone with a 12 inch radius dies!  ;)

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
« Reply #1979 on: October 31, 2020, 05:30:50 PM »
Understood. My question being more of what impact does it play on the game? I'm guessing that crossing it can disorder troops, but who knows... maybe everyone with a 12 inch radius dies!  ;)

It just acts as a barrier. If you watch the sample  game Wargames Illustrated game featuring Steve and Andy you will see that it blocked a cavalry charge from hitting a unit to which they would, dice willing, have dealt out death and misery :)