Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 12:07:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Huntsman Spider Tank from Ramshackle  (Read 21458 times)

Offline Malamute

• Prince of Darkness
  • Elder God
    • Boot Hill Miniatures
Huntsman Spider Tank from Ramshackle
« Reply #30 on: February 20, 2008, 08:33:53 AM »
Quote from: darquebus
:cry: :cry: :cry:

Got mine on Monday and can confirm it is a huge model and seems to be very nice but the REALLY BAD packaging cause a lot of breakage.
The legs are a puzzle cause all off them a broken and it is very hard to figure out what goes where cause the breaks are not clean anymore. One of the mandibles is beyond repair and lots of bits and pieces have broken off and all the parts have obviously banged against each other and caused a lot of little splinters that are impossible to fit into the original places. The breaks are not clean anymore because additional parts have broken off where the first break occurred.
So I must say that I am very disappointed, because a little better packaging would have caused much less trouble, cause I need to do a lot of glueing and puzzling...

Hey Darquebus _ A call to the seller should do the trick he has offered to replace broken parts already on this forum. Fingers crossed he sees this post :cry:
"These creatures do not die like the bee after the first sting, but go on age after age, feeding on the blood of the living"  - Abraham Van Helsing

Offline darquebus

• Librarian
  • So evil, he'll steal teddy bears from kids
« Reply #31 on: February 20, 2008, 08:39:27 AM »
yepp of cause,  I am sure they'll be able to replace some parts. I already contacted them.
Just wanted to tell you guys on the forum about my experience so you can demand some better packaging.
And again...THE MODEL LOOKS FANTASTIC!!!!! GREAT COOL SPIDER TANK
a 1000 times better then the odd GW thing. Just unlucky that it didn't survive the trip round the globe.

PS  we have real huntsmen spiders down here - but they are of course a little bigger than the model  :lol:

http://www.amonline.net.au/factSheets/huntsman_spiders.htm
Ex-Kieler in Down Under

Offline Bullshott

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • I need a bigger hammer
    • http://www.flickr.com/photos/27772452@N07/sets/
« Reply #32 on: February 20, 2008, 09:14:35 AM »
Fortunately the only actual break on my huntsman was a clean break on one of the feet and thus easily repairable. However on closer inspection, a lot of the detail  especially on the legs, has been affected by minor damage; either through breakages in the brittle resin or due to air bubbles just under the surface that only appeared when the thin surface layer was being cleaned-up. :(

I have now finshed the assembly of the body and am in the process of repairing damage to the legs. Unfortinately i have now run out of greenstuff doing the filling and repairs, so the project is currently on hold until I can buy some more from the Evil Empire shop.

On the positive side, this has created a gap in my plans, so I have been able to start my Prussian torpedo lancers ahead of schedule. :)

Don't get me wrong, this is still a very impressive beastie, but be prepared to spend a lot of time assembling it and repairing minor damage. I am definately going to base the completed model as a means of protecting it against damage during games and transit.
Sir Henry Bullshott, Keeper of Ancient Knowledge

Offline Malamute

• Prince of Darkness
  • Elder God
    • Boot Hill Miniatures
« Reply #33 on: February 20, 2008, 09:32:55 AM »
Quote from: "Bullshott"
On the positive side, this has created a gap in my plans, so I have been able to start my Prussian torpedo lancers ahead of schedule. :)  

Looking forward to seeing these puppies :)

Offline Ramshackle_Curtis

• Mastermind
    • http://www.ramshacklegames.co.uk/
« Reply #34 on: February 20, 2008, 07:00:38 PM »
Well thanks for the feedback.

I have had a few complaints about the packaging and have now sorted it out. Sorry for the dissapointment guys. This is the first piece of this complexity that Ive made and I just got the packaging wrong.

Send me an email by replying the the order confirmation and tell me which pieces are damaged and I will replace them for you.

I think I need to package spare legs in the set. More moulds will get made!

Ace to see your avatar Bullshot with IKB painted! Good job very neat.

Offline darquebus

• Librarian
« Reply #35 on: February 20, 2008, 07:35:26 PM »
:)   wow that was quick...I was offered the replacement parts within minutes  :)

And with the packaging sorted out (even spare legs?  WOW!) I can only say I am impressed!!!!!

Just to say it again...the model is really cool! Will post some pictures of the model in action (it will be added to my victorian colledtion) once it is painted.

Thanks to
Curtis for a very good and quick service!    :)  :)  :)

Offline Bullshott

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • I need a bigger hammer
« Reply #36 on: February 20, 2008, 07:50:50 PM »
Ace to see your avatar Bullshot with IKB painted! Good job very neat

The painted figure is posted here:

http://forum.backofbeyond.de/viewtopic.php?t=4398

Offline darquebus

• Librarian
« Reply #37 on: February 29, 2008, 10:20:29 AM »
:)  :)  :)

Just got the replacement legs for my huntsman...wow that was quick. just 5 days all around the world!
Very well packed! Nothing broken! Excellent!

I can recommend that!!!!

Offline Space Captain Toby

• Schoolboy
« Reply #38 on: March 07, 2008, 07:30:40 PM »
That thing is excellent! Far more character than the GW model.

Good set of orderable bits, too. Thanks.

Offline Bullshott

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • I need a bigger hammer
« Reply #39 on: March 17, 2008, 09:04:10 PM »
I finally finished the filling and repair work on my spider tank last night, as well as scratch -building a turret and adding a new driver's position. Here are the WIP shots of a dry run assembly this evening (I will paint the body and legs separately before final assembly).

The figure gives an idea of the impressive size of this beast. You can also see the level of filling and repair work I had to do to get it to this stage.

I will probably replace the turret at some point. I also think this beast needs an additional weapon - perhaps a Gatling or light flamethrower mounted on the front of the 'head'.

Offline pnweerar

• Scientist
« Reply #40 on: March 18, 2008, 01:41:39 AM »
That's no tank.

It's a space station!

Offline twrchtrwyth

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Don't join dangerous cults: practice safe sects.
    • Deeside Defenders
« Reply #41 on: March 18, 2008, 05:28:53 AM »
Looks good, although I'm not sure about the pincers on the head. 8)
He that trades Liberty for Security will soon find that he has neither.

Benjamin Franklin

Offline Malamute

• Prince of Darkness
  • Elder God
    • Boot Hill Miniatures
« Reply #42 on: March 18, 2008, 08:24:52 AM »
Wow, it is certainly a huge beastie. I like the scratchbuilt turret. Looking forward to seeing it in the flesh :)

Offline Bullshott

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • I need a bigger hammer
« Reply #43 on: March 18, 2008, 09:08:34 AM »
Looks good, although I'm not sure about the pincers on the head.

The basic model comes with the option of pincers or remotely-operated guns to mount on the head. Since the guns look like GW bolters these were discarded straight into my bits box!

I actually like the pincers - they actualy look like they are designed to shear through metal and will be fun if an enemy vehicle gets too close! One note regarding the pincers - the blades are fairly thin and easy to break or shear off. I re-inforced them underneath with greenstuff.

If I hadn't fitted the pincers I would probably have replaced them with a pair of flamethrowers. I may still add one to the vehicle.

Offline Space Captain Toby

• Schoolboy
« Reply #44 on: March 18, 2008, 07:53:48 PM »
Just to confirm what others have said:

I ordered some of the Huntsman parts to go on a VSF landship. Everything was nicely detailed and much bigger than I expected - the boiler for the Huntsman is massive! The resin parts are brittle though, and probably incredibly hard to convert without them shattering.

I also got the Brunel model - cartoony but really nice, very characterful - and they threw in a lady chained to a rock for free (I don't know why, but what the heck). It all came through the post quickly, although packaging could have been more solid.

What with GW packing up its bits service, Ramshackle's vehicle stuff looks very promising indeed. Good stuff!