Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 08:01:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: obsidian3d's Strange Aeons thread - Bones werewolf  (Read 24843 times)

Offline einarolafson

• Mastermind
    • Einar Olafson Painting
Re: obsidian3d's painting and modelling thread
« Reply #45 on: June 04, 2012, 05:02:56 PM »
I didn´t realize that you painted moustache on the suitcase agent. Love the idea.

Offline obsidian3d

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • o2media
« Reply #46 on: June 04, 2012, 07:36:52 PM »
I wasn't planning on it, but after I cleaned the model up before I primed it...it just seemed appropriate that he have a mustache.  I was able to play a game against a friend yesterday evening using my Threshold agents, cultists and even some of my recently-created terrain.  Unfortunately, I didn't even think about taking some pictures until after we'd cleaned up.  Dumb...
obsidian3d
www.o2media.ca

Offline obsidian3d

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • o2media
« Reply #47 on: June 11, 2012, 05:10:58 PM »
I'm a little behind with my Strange Aeons stuff this week.  I did a little painting on Thursday, trying out a color scheme for some Nazi troopers that didn't turn out well at all.  So I'll have to rethink that.  I also did a little modeling on Sunday, but it was 40k stuff.  I forgot how tweaky it could be putting together Necron troopers.  They have a tendency to slouch while the glue dries...

Offline obsidian3d

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • o2media
« Reply #48 on: June 21, 2012, 04:58:04 AM »
I haven't been doing much painting for Strange Aeons due to trying to pin together the last few large models for my Circle army for Hordes, but I did manage to test a few different shades for my next batch of cultists.  I think I've found a base color that I'm happy with so I can get started on them this weekend.

In the meantime I thought I'd post up a work-in-progress shot of some of the scenery items I started putting together on Sunday.

Offline aggro84

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Noble Pursuits
« Reply #49 on: June 21, 2012, 07:19:56 PM »
It looks like you will be making good use of those Horror Clix miniatures.
I have assembled a nice collection of models.

Now start painting!  ;D

Offline Enethaeron

• Librarian
« Reply #50 on: June 22, 2012, 07:06:52 AM »
Nice group shot. Can't wait to see what you will do with them.

Offline einarolafson

• Mastermind
    • Einar Olafson Painting
« Reply #51 on: June 22, 2012, 10:24:03 AM »
Thats a good group of miniatures!! Looking forward to seeing painted!! :D

Offline obsidian3d

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • o2media
« Reply #52 on: June 22, 2012, 06:23:54 PM »
I want to see them painted too...could someone take care of that for me please?  :P

Offline obsidian3d

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • o2media
« Reply #53 on: July 09, 2012, 05:40:28 PM »
I've been busy at home setting up a proper painting and drawing space.  I found a really good priced desk and kitted it out with a GW paint station +.  I'll admit that it's probably overpriced for what you get, but so far I'm actually quite happy with it.  Here are the first two things I've completed in my new workspace.  Apologies for the awful pictures, I was in a bit of a hurry on my way out the door this morning!

A converted Bishop Luzifer model from Horrorclix.  I've heard there's an exorcist profile in one of the Shocking Tales books.  I've always loved this model and I think he'll fit the bill nicely.  I had a heck of a time painting the woman on the base and eventually just said "good enough".

This might sound funny, but this is hands down my favorite Uncle Mike's sculpt so far.  The detail is awesome and I really enjoyed painting this one.  I'd love to see a few variations of this with different chains or smoother details and stuff.  I'm looking forward to painting up the other one.

Offline styx

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #54 on: July 09, 2012, 06:51:08 PM »
Great stuff, you are turning my head towards Horroclix to find some of these!
Check out my blogs!

Warhammer 40k, Fantasy and more!: http://armyoftheweek.blogspot.com

Warhammer Historicals: Legends of the High Seas and Old West, Gladiator: http://diceoflegends.blogspot.com/

Strange Aeons: http://strangeraeonsadventures.blogspot.com

Offline obsidian3d

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • o2media
« Reply #55 on: July 09, 2012, 09:46:28 PM »
I think that Hill's Wholesale has whole bricks of Horrorclix stuff for ridiculously low prices.  You'll easily find a few gems for the price you'll pay...and you'll never feel bad for not using them in their intended game.  it was a horrendous game design.

I'm hoping to post up the wolves, Cthulhu avatar and some of the grave markers in a day or two.  They're all near completion.

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
    • Blind Beggar Miniatures
« Reply #56 on: July 09, 2012, 11:03:00 PM »
I have already used a couple of repinted 'clix in my SA project, but your recent posts have made me take a closer look at the horrorclix range and I have since ordered a few.

Thanks for the heads up!
 :D

Offline obsidian3d

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • o2media
« Reply #57 on: July 09, 2012, 11:11:39 PM »
I'm sure some better painters than I can make them really stand out.  Most of the sculpts are actually really good, they just had crap paint jobs.

Offline Enethaeron

• Librarian
« Reply #58 on: July 10, 2012, 05:45:43 AM »
Could not agree more. I love the minie of Bishop Luzifer too. My ghost in the graveyard is from the same range and I have 2 or 3 models on my workbench that will soon integrate my lurker team.

Offline obsidian3d

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • o2media
« Reply #59 on: July 11, 2012, 05:02:58 PM »
I finished touching up the paint on the two HorrorClix wolves that I re-based a few weeks ago.  Not a lot of work here.  I washed them with Badab Black, gave them a white dry brush to give their fur a little interest, and then put on another wash along their spine and the tails.  A quick red wash over the tongues and a touch of red on the eyes and all done.  These will likely be used as extra familiars for my witch and her razorback monkey.

The last few photos I've done were at night and I've had to use the flash, which I generally don't like to do.  In this case though it actually seemed to work out quite nicely.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 05:06:48 PM by obsidian3d »