Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:04:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: obsidian3d's Strange Aeons thread - Bones werewolf  (Read 24713 times)

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
    • Blind Beggar Miniatures
Re: obsidian3d's Strange Aeons thread - Cthulhu Avatar added
« Reply #75 on: August 09, 2012, 07:16:48 AM »
Nice!
Or not.
Nice is not really the right word, is it?
Damn right scary!
Thats better.
 :D

I like him, even if you are not too satisfied.
I guess we all get like that about some miniatures, even if others cannot really see why you are thinking this way.
I know that I do!

He would work pretty well as a Winged Nightmare too.

Offline obsidian3d

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • o2media
« Reply #76 on: August 09, 2012, 08:10:00 AM »
That's a good idea. I already have a night gaunt...I don't know why I didn't think of using this as a winged nightmare, thanks!
obsidian3d
www.o2media.ca

Offline Yetis Yell

• Librarian
  • All Gamers Must Die
    • Sarcophagi
« Reply #77 on: August 10, 2012, 02:45:38 AM »
That thing is perfect for a Winged Nightmare/Horror/whatever.

Totally menacing and alive. I agree with Mason, I'd be failing a Resolve check and hoofing it.
Check out my blog Sarcophagi: http://sarcophagi.blogspot.com/

Offline obsidian3d

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • o2media
« Reply #78 on: August 30, 2012, 05:25:01 PM »
A new agent has been assigned to my threshold team. The pictures I took are awful though, so I'll have to retake them. Too much sunshine...looked brutal. Anyway here's the little bit of info (re-posted from my blog http://obsidian3d.blogspot.ca)

August 30th, 1922

ATTN: Carl Selinger, Commanding Field Operative
RE: Request for team member

Agent,

It's truly a shame to hear about Agent Montrose, my condolences to you and your team. Events are looking dire however, so your brief respite must come to an end. I'm granting your request for a replacement agent for your field team. Agent Trisha Kellington has recently completed her training and been assigned to the Calgary Field Office. I'm placing her under your command effective immediately. I'm told he's a proficient marksman and has proven steadfast throughout her initial training. I trust she'll be a solid addition to your crew.

You'll find the details of your next assignment contained within. Good luck.

Director Silver

PS: Here's something that your team might find helpful to keep in mind on your next mission. Feel free to share it with them.

“He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”
Friedrich Nietzsche
« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 05:27:40 PM by obsidian3d »

Offline obsidian3d

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • o2media
Re: obsidian3d's Strange Aeons thread - pic of new agent added
« Reply #79 on: September 04, 2012, 04:42:40 PM »
A little later than advertised, but here are the pics of Agent Kellington.

Offline styx

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #80 on: September 04, 2012, 05:03:24 PM »
Good stuff! Looking to more!
Check out my blogs!

Warhammer 40k, Fantasy and more!: http://armyoftheweek.blogspot.com

Warhammer Historicals: Legends of the High Seas and Old West, Gladiator: http://diceoflegends.blogspot.com/

Strange Aeons: http://strangeraeonsadventures.blogspot.com

Offline obsidian3d

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • o2media
« Reply #81 on: September 05, 2012, 06:42:41 PM »
Thanks. I really do need to learn how to dot in proper eyes. It's the biggest disappointment I have with her, and a few other figures I've done lately. Last time I tried it I just made a big mess though. :(

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
« Reply #82 on: September 06, 2012, 02:02:33 PM »
Nice addition to the team!

Dont worry too much about eyes, mate.
I certainly dont.
I will do it if I feel up to it, and I think the model would benefit from it, but not always.
There are some great painters out there that never really bother with eyes at all; Captain Blood for instance.
Better to not bother with them at all then to get them really wrong, I reckon!

Offline obsidian3d

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • o2media
« Reply #83 on: October 01, 2012, 05:59:03 PM »
October 1, 1922

Attn: Director Silver
RE: Field Operative Roster Update

Director,

After a short break to allow myself and Mr. MacIntyre to recover from our recent injuries I've chosen some Agents from those listed on file as available. As per your previous communication, I've issued recall notices to their last known field offices and await their arrival. We'll be ready to deploy immediately upon their assembly.

Please have the files for the following personnel updated to reflect their status as active members of my field team.

Dr. John McDermott
Archaeologist

Doctor McDermott's experience in ancient architecture, language and culture will prove invaluable in our efforts to retrieve the artifacts lost in pursuit of case file SA-120816-RtA. He has also proven a steady hand in the face of the assorted...creatures we're likely to face.

Walter Daniels
Former Occupation Unknown

I realize that Agent Daniels has spent the last few months under observation in the Pittsburgh office, but his former commander Agent Henkel has assured me that despite his habit (Daniels claims that damned flask is lucky!) he is a good man, and is actually one hell of a shot. Per Agent Henkel's recommendation, I'll take him, even though it seems no one else wants him.

Professor Henry Armitage
Librarian / Linguist / Chemist

After much discussion I was able to convince the professor that his knowledge would serve us better in the field than hiding among towers of tomes and test tubes. After taking his measure, I'm willing to bet that there's a backbone of  steel in that man. In fact I am betting exactly that, with my own life.

I'll contact you again as soon as possible.

Carl Selinger
Commanding Field Agent

-----

The above letter appeared on my blog, where you can also read about the occurrences of case file SA-120816-RtA. http://obsidian3d.blogspot.ca

In preparation for doing demos that night, spent a few hours on Saturday painting up a few new models for my Threshold team. All three models, and the obelisk started their morning wearing black primer only. I do apologize for the photos, they're not very good this time around.

John McDermott is a figure from the Reaper Chronoscope line that I really liked the look of. I used the same color for his outfit as I did on the UMW Alicia/Trisha figure I painted up a little while back. The torch turned out alright, although I'm sure it doesn't look like what real fire would. I didn't bother trying to capture the lighting it would have on the figure, that's beyond what I want to do for my minis.

Walter Daniels I bought at the same time as another figure from the RAFM Call of Cthulhu line. I gave him a new name because I couldn't find the card that he came on, which is a shame because I remember liking it when I bought it. I really love the rakish look he this figure has, with the runaway tie and flask in hand. I used greens and greys for something a little bit different. I'm not a big fan of the colour green, but I think it looks really good in this instance.

Professor Armitage is also a RAFM figure; this one is from the Lovecraft Country box-set. Very characterful, and was extremely easy to paint. He's a great looking model.

The stone obelisk is from Uncle Mike's Strange Aeons line of course. Super easy to paint and only took a few minutes, but I love how it turned out.

The flesh tone on the professor and Daniels is a little darker than I'd have liked, but I'll know for next time to use something lighter than Tallarn Flesh. As with all my figures I painted them in three steps: simple block colours as a base, various ink washes to add depth, and a final series of dry brushing to bring out some highlights and details. It won't win me any awards, but it looks good enough for me!
« Last Edit: October 01, 2012, 06:02:59 PM by obsidian3d »

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
« Reply #84 on: October 01, 2012, 06:16:48 PM »
Very nice assortmrnt of additions there, obsidian3d.

It certainly looks good enough for me too!

I think that the dark base you are using is giving your team a great unifying appearance on some nicely selected figures.

Walter Daniels is my favourite of the bunch.
Is his nickname/codename Jack by any chance?
 ;)

Offline obsidian3d

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • o2media
« Reply #85 on: October 01, 2012, 06:24:42 PM »
Hah I was going to call him Jackson Daniels but the name didn't really fit the figure, and it would probably be a little too on-the-nose. I guess he could have a middle name though, "Hi I'm Walter, but my friends call me Jack."

I paint the bases for all my figures matte black. Mainly because it try to cross-purpose them in other games as much as possible. Thanks for the compliment. :)

Offline Mo!

• Mastermind
« Reply #86 on: October 01, 2012, 07:10:08 PM »
Wow lovely group but I really love Jack  :-*
Be mindful of the prayers you send
Pray hard but pray with care
For the tears that you are crying now
Are just your answered prayers

Offline obsidian3d

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • o2media
« Reply #87 on: October 01, 2012, 07:54:02 PM »
He really is a cool looking model. I've had it on my to-do list for over four months now! My next batch of agents will be some more of Uncle Mike's figures, but I hope I don't need to replace any dead agents for a while yet. *crosses fingers*

Offline styx

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #88 on: October 01, 2012, 08:02:30 PM »
Wow, nice work! Love it!