Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:57:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: obsidian3d's Strange Aeons thread - Bones werewolf  (Read 24712 times)

Offline smokezombie

• Mad Scientist
Re: obsidian3d's Strange Aeons thread - Snake Worshipper cult
« Reply #105 on: January 11, 2013, 07:19:17 PM »
I thought lurkers were only allowed to take one stat increase/decrease when your upgrading them superflytnt.
"The sword sung on the barren heath,
The sickle in the fruitful field;
The sword he sung a song of death,
But could not make the sickle yield."
William Blake

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
    • Blind Beggar Miniatures
« Reply #106 on: January 11, 2013, 07:53:47 PM »
I thought lurkers were only allowed to take one stat increase/decrease when your upgrading them superflytnt.

That is right, mate.

Stops you building too many Super-Nasties.
You are allowed to spend 5 Pts upgrading a Lurker (which includes weapons, skills, etc), but only one of those points can be spent on a stat change.

Offline obsidian3d

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • o2media
« Reply #107 on: January 11, 2013, 08:20:35 PM »
I actually haven't played Strange Aeons with the snakemen, I was using them for Kulten. Sorry if I didn't make that clearer.
obsidian3d
www.o2media.ca

Offline obsidian3d

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • o2media
Re: obsidian3d's Strange Aeons thread - Gestapo, Gorillas and Zombies
« Reply #108 on: June 18, 2013, 06:25:22 PM »
Wow it's been a LONG time since I posted anything for Strange Aeons. But I haven't been idle! Here are some more figures for use with Kulten and Strange Aeons.

The doctor, gestapo officers and their commander are all Pulp Figures by the talented Bob Murch. The commander I'm using was part of a 'strange villains' pack. Of that batch I think he's the only one I've put together so far. Due to his rather small (probably close to true 25mm) size I put him on a larger resin base that I got from Uncle Mike. I have dubbed him "Kommandant Hemler". I doubt that's an accurate rank or title, and hemler simply means 'helmet' but they're my toys so I can call them whatever I want.

Paint colours used on the Nazis were P3 Greatcoat Grey, AP Barbarian Flesh, GW Mephiston Red and GW Boltgun metal. The doctor received a GW Skull White lab coat with some brown trousers and shoes. I custom mixed some hair colour for him.

I'll be using some of the zombies I painted last month as subjects for Dr. Kaufman's evil serum. I also painted up a Blasphemous Construct model from Uncle Mike's Worldwide. I think this is a great model. It's huge, scary and has lots of great detail on it. My paint job certainly doesn't do it justice.

Next up we have a batch of gorillas, also from Pulp Figures. I bought these months ago and just decided to paint them on a whim. They're quite fun and I wanted to try my hand at some jungle-style basing. So there we go! Being black they were rather difficult to photograph. Hopefully they are visible. I used some gloss on their hands and faces to make them stand out and I think they look good.

And finally, I always seem to have some sort of marker or terrain piece near my painting table, just waiting for the right time to get finished off. This time there were actually two. One is a grave marker I've had awaiting paint for what seems like forever. I think it came with a pack of RAFM ghouls. The other is the crystals from a Necron Lord for 40k plopped down with a few other bits. Markers or scenery, they'll work for both.

Offline styx

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #109 on: June 18, 2013, 06:42:26 PM »
Nice work!
Check out my blogs!

Warhammer 40k, Fantasy and more!: http://armyoftheweek.blogspot.com

Warhammer Historicals: Legends of the High Seas and Old West, Gladiator: http://diceoflegends.blogspot.com/

Strange Aeons: http://strangeraeonsadventures.blogspot.com

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
« Reply #110 on: June 19, 2013, 07:14:36 AM »
Great stuff, obsidian3d.
Those Nasties are really well done, a solid looking Lurker group.
 8)

Loving those markers too.
Proper eye-candy artistic markers are much better than counters in my opinion.
 :-* :-*

Offline obsidian3d

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • o2media
« Reply #111 on: June 19, 2013, 07:59:19 AM »
Much appreciated gents! :)

Offline superflytnt

• Mad Scientist
  • Cthulhu. Cthulhu never changes.
    • Superfly Circus - Board Games And Social Commentary
« Reply #112 on: June 19, 2013, 04:40:54 PM »
That's some damned fine brushwork there, brother. Excellent.

I just sold off some of my beloved Heroscape models to fund a paint upgrade - no more FolkArt for me, I'm a Vallejo man now. O bien, que soy un hombre Vallejo ahora.
www.superflycircus.blogspot.com
Board Game Reviews And Social Commentary At Its Finest

Offline obsidian3d

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • o2media
« Reply #113 on: June 19, 2013, 04:46:24 PM »
You sold off your heroscape? Was it easy to get rid of? I have almost every product they ever produced, and the biggest problem I have with it isn't the game, but storing all the terrain! It takes up a lot of space.

Oh, thanks for the compliments BTW. I've never used vallejo. I use a mixture of GW, P3 and Army Painter. When the GW stuff is gone I'll just use the other two.

Offline superflytnt

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #114 on: June 19, 2013, 05:30:39 PM »
3 days, dude, and I sold 263$ (net) of stuff on Heroscapers.com. I've been a member there forever, so people know me, but it's really quick.

Also, try Auggie's Buy Site (google it) and they have an interface that allows you to sell anything to them in one fell swoop. If you're interested in trading for some metal miniatures or selling some of it, I'd be interested in picking some up. I still have some money left over from the sale (I only got 200$ in paints...only LOL) and I have a ton of Copplestone, Mega Miniatures, Strange Aeons, and other figures I'd be willing to trade.

I'll PM you what I'm looking for. Maybe I can help you with your storage problem :)

Offline obsidian3d

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • o2media
Re: obsidian3d's Strange Aeons thread - Bones werewolf
« Reply #115 on: July 17, 2013, 08:04:44 AM »
Painting Bones - Countdown To Vampire: 4
(from http://obsidian3d.blogspot.ca/2013/07/painting-bones-countdown-to-vampire-4.html)

I own a few of the actual packaged Bones figures by Reaper, this one being my first purchase. While awaiting my Vampire pledge box I thought I'd actually tackle a few of the other Bones miniatures I already have. So here we go with a werewolf figure.

I bought this model long ago for use in Strange Aeons, probably a few months before Reaper's kickstarter campaign was announced. If I remember correctly it cost me $2.99 plus tax, which I thought was ridiculously cheap. I'd never seen the Bones figures before, and all the metals and plastics this size were way more money!

I based and primed it shortly after purchasing it, and finally got around to painting it a few weeks ago. With the flood evacuation a while back he sat around on my painting table awaiting some finishing until now. Over the black primer I dry brushed it with two levels of grey (GW Fortress Grey and Codex Grey, and a final white just on the highest spots. P3 Ember Orange on the eyes, with a dot of AP Daemonic Yellow. P3 Carnal Pink around the ears and mouth. A quick dash of GW red wash on the pink areas and some flock/shrubbery on the base. Done.

Total time for this model was probably around an hour and a half, maybe two if you include priming and final basing. Personally I think this is a great looking figure. It was super cheap and very easy to paint.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2013, 08:07:02 AM by obsidian3d »

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
« Reply #116 on: July 17, 2013, 09:30:44 AM »
Looking good, sir, very good!
 :-*

I have one of those fellas myslf and they are damn good for the price.
Cheap, but do not look it.

Offline ImhotepMagi

• Librarian
    • Deep Dark Dungeons-A hobby blog
« Reply #117 on: July 17, 2013, 12:18:49 PM »
Great looking werewolf. The Bones minis are great little things.

Offline styx

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #118 on: July 17, 2013, 12:25:53 PM »
Great looking werewolf! Looks like the brother to mine!

Offline superflytnt

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #119 on: July 17, 2013, 01:08:41 PM »
It's a great little model. I bought a Judge Dredd Werewolf from FRP games on clearance, in white metal, and I think this one is on par with that one, although I like the chains the other has...

...but it's not on clearance anymore, so I think I'd favor the Bones one.

Really ace brushwork, and I love the colors. My ongoing mental issue is that I always seem to pick colors poorly when doing models, but you seem to have it down pat!