Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 02:12:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689754
  • Total Topics: 118293
  • Online Today: 786
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: New packs from Conquest!! Ottawa war party and Brit grenadiers.  (Read 4426 times)

Offline Aaron

• Scatterbrained Genius
http://conquestminiatures.com/500Nations.aspx

Very nice new sculpted. I might have to get off my Napoleonics kick and return to my French and Indian project. It doesn't help my will to resist when I see Frank's beautiful paint jobs on Eric's home page!

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
Re: New packs from Conquest!! Ottawa war party and Brit grenadiers.
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2012, 02:21:06 PM »
Looks great, really wish these guys would make more miniatures.  They look fantastic --- is there a site which shows their entire range in photo?  I was going to order a bunch of their stuff, but 50% of their packages have no photo, so I'd like to see what I'm ordering.

Does anybody do a comprehensive review of their range - or does any online store have photos for all of their miniatures?
2024 Painted Miniatures: 203
('23: 159, '22: 214, '21: 148, '20: 207, '19: 123, '18: 98, '17: 226, '16: 233, '15: 32, '14: 116)

https://myminiaturemischief.blogspot.com
Find us at TurnStyle Games on Facebook!

Offline axabrax

• Mastermind
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2012, 03:01:22 PM »
The Indians are all re-releases of old sets (not that they don't still look smashing!)  The Grenadiers are new and look awesome!  I just hope they actually do show up in July and that there is a restock of all the stuff that's been out of stock for 6 months then too. (French firing anyone?)

Offline Aaron

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2012, 04:16:11 PM »
The Ottawa look like they are based on the old generic woodland Indians, but they aren't straight re-releases. They are different enough for me to add them to my horde, anyway.

Elbows, Eric posted yesterday that he will be adding more photos to the site soon.

Offline Conquest

• Librarian
    • http://www.conquestminiatures.com
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2012, 04:47:40 PM »
Yes, 6 or so of them are simple updates of the originals (new guns and details).

All the others are new conversions and/or sculpts (which is 50% or more of whatever the original was).

The original molds were so destroyed, and the original masters were barely any better, so I decided to rework whatever greens survived. So many people wanted the originals, that I didn't want to abandon them completely where possible. The guns were upgraded as the old ones weren't all that and a lot thinner.

I'm taking pictures right now of the Regulars so they'll be up at some point today. I had pictures, but can seem to find them in any of my files. I took them a couple months ago. Knowing me, I erased them from the camera BEFORE I downloaded them.

As far as the Out of Stock items, that's something I'm working on. I have restocks being cast up now. My problems stemmed from a lack of inventory control on the original website. There was no way to keep track on numbers, so even after I would type "Out of Stock" next to an item, folks would still order them. Especially the Firing guys, which out sold everything else. Even before I could list them as out of stock, I had sold through so many that every restock I would get would go to the existing orders. I finally threw my hands up and bought a new website. Now at least the site doesn't allow for purchases of out of stock items.

As far as the numbers go, I have ordered 4 times the amount of firing compared to the marching.

The new stuff is being cast up next week.
It's not cheating if your stupid.

Offline huevans

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2012, 05:28:28 PM »
Hi Conquest,

Those are lovely Indians. What else are you going to do in the FIW range?

Offline Conquest

• Librarian
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2012, 06:04:09 PM »
Hi Huevans,

Thanks. There are always plans, but not much time or money! ;)

I have several half finished (or half started?) projects, including Huron, Gage's Light Infantry and Generals/Leaders. I was waiting on some cannons from a UK sculptor but haven't heard from him in almost a year :?

Fresh from scratch projects planned include skirmish packs of British and French Regulars, some Provincials packs and some Plains Indians (not FIW obviously)

There are plans for bigger things, though I have to wait a couple months to announce those. (that parts not up to me :-X)

Offline fergal

• Mad Scientist
    • Crossover Miniatures
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2012, 06:14:59 PM »
Nice looking figures!  Out of curiosity, what makes them Ottawa as opposed to any other nation?

Offline Conquest

• Librarian
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2012, 07:12:33 PM »
Like all of our packs, the specific Indian tribes uses particular traits of the tribe where possible. For example, Our Iroquois packs contain several models with single upright feathers in their hair or fringe-less leggings. Our Delaware have more European Dress with longer hair, representing later Lenni Lenape (and to tie them into our Last of the Mohicans pack). The Ottawa, like all of our packs really, can represent several Eastern Woodland tribes as well as the Ottawa, the latter distinguishable by their loose or braided scalplocks in the back, some with European clothing and decoration (popular with the Ottawa during the transitional period) and their moccasins. One even wears a European Coat, which were especially favored.

There are other distinguishing features which could've been added to several of our packs, but for the time period, either they weren't seen very often or used any longer.

Plus, it says they're Ottawa on the website, and everyone knows the Internet is law! ::)

-Eric

Offline axabrax

• Mastermind
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2012, 07:35:50 PM »
Of course I've been the only one stupid enough to not actually try ordering the items listed as "out of stock" and have therefore been waiting 6 months for a restock while all the eager beavers got their figures! Lol! Oh well...

Offline Conquest

• Librarian
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2012, 08:16:08 PM »
oh believe me axabrax, my headaches appreciate it o_o

Offline fergal

• Mad Scientist
    • Crossover Miniatures
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2012, 05:16:24 AM »
Excellent answer Eric, thanks!

Offline Marine0846

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2012, 05:26:43 AM »
Oh boy, more great figures.
They look good.
Thanks Eric.
Semper Fi, Mac

Offline Conquest

• Librarian
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2012, 08:54:47 AM »
Thanks Marine.

I added pics of the Brit and French Regulars

Offline axabrax

• Mastermind
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2012, 03:07:03 PM »
Now that I've finished complaining, let me just add that the grenadiers look really fantastic--the best ever made for this period in this scale IMHO. They would just use the regular command pack for leadership, correct?

The wishlist of new stuff looks promising too. Especially the skirmishing regs and officer packs...