Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 12:07:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Strange Aeons: Cthulhu temple...  (Read 2968 times)

Offline nikharwood

• Librarian
Strange Aeons: Cthulhu temple...
« on: May 14, 2012, 07:39:33 PM »
Look what the Threshold agents have found out in the desert...

And here we go - quick unedited pics from my tablet as my camera seems to be having an identity crisis...

Basically - the three Threshold agents approach the village just before dawn, trying to recce the strength of cult activity; they know that something is afoot and are hoping to head off any ritualistic activity that might awaken the dormant denizen inhabitants of the temple...

Unfortunately for them, the cultists have been alerted to their approach and form the welcome party, opening up immediately as the agents come into view:

A short firefight downs a couple of cultists - but the leader summons reinforcements (of the spectral & undead kind) to the party:

The agents realise that they're outnumbered in the village - and with the arrival of the breaking dawn, rhythmic chanting can be heard from behind them; they turn to hear the dry creaking of ancient doors opening...they beat a retreat from the village and make a mad dash across the sands to investigate, leaving the cultists to complete their ritual summoning:

Advancing towards the colonnade the Agents see the awakened forces of the Pharaoh march into the daylight:

Once more, our intrepid heroes open fire against seemingly overwhelming odds - knowing that they must do what they can to gain time for reinforcements to arrive:

Some outstanding shooting sees off a good number of the skeletal foot soldiers - and the fight becomes up-close and personal - just as a monstrosity appears at the temple gate:

Petrified by this enormous undead construct, our heroes break off and turn tail - sprinting across the sand to the safety of their truck behind the dune: to head back and tell the Professor that the forces of darkness are awakened. The Threshold must consider its next move...

Offline styx

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Strange Aeons: Cthulhu temple...
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2012, 07:47:00 PM »
*pssst* You want to enter the contest? *poke*
Check out my blogs!

Warhammer 40k, Fantasy and more!: http://armyoftheweek.blogspot.com

Warhammer Historicals: Legends of the High Seas and Old West, Gladiator: http://diceoflegends.blogspot.com/

Strange Aeons: http://strangeraeonsadventures.blogspot.com

Offline nikharwood

• Librarian
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2012, 08:08:48 PM »
*pssst* You want to enter the contest? *poke*

Oh - go on then  ;)

What do I need to do styx - adapt / alter this post or leave it as it is? It's just that I've come to this late, have just read the deadline - and am about to dive out the door!

Further info on this game:

Played using 10mm miniatures: all figures from Pendraken [cultists converted by me] as are the Arab tents; the village buildings are from Kerr & King - everything painted by me  :)

Offline styx

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2012, 08:49:25 PM »
The format is fine, unless you want to tweak it some before midnight tonight. I am going by timestamps on the posts.

Offline nikharwood

• Librarian
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2012, 09:09:49 PM »
The format is fine, unless you want to tweak it some before midnight tonight. I am going by timestamps on the posts.

Okeydokey - I'll need to leave it as it is then...coolio on the competition though - and maybe I can be a bit more organised next year  ;) :D

Offline styx

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2012, 09:28:48 PM »
I think a year two contest will be likely..... :D