Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 09:44:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690814
  • Total Topics: 118353
  • Online Today: 947
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Horisont IV: November 23.-25. Denmark. Update: Skulldred Prizes!  (Read 15017 times)

Offline Dr. The Viking

• Galactic Brain
  • Rowdy, Hostile and Wrong Inc.
    • Dr. The Vikings Miniature Games Hell

A bit early as ever, but now we know the date so you might as well get arranging!

What is Horisont?

Well it's the half way between a 'LAM' (Lead Adventure Meet-up) and a regular convention.

And what does that mean?! Well it means that everyone's invited, but only the regulars will come.  lol

But even that has it's advantages  ;)

And, well, yes it's in Denmark. And some might say it's the wrong side of the country even. But that's just what makes it all so awesome, because then we're able to provide you with thing's you'd never see in the big cities.  o_o

And it goes without saying that we will drive any flying combatants to and fro the Billund air port, train station and so on.

So what's unique about Horisont and why should you come?

Firstly we have ALL the space imaginable. So whatever insane size of your game we can fit it all in. And it never get's crowded.
It sometimes looks a bit empty though, but that's not really a concern though is it?   :D

Space

Secondly we have the space ALL the time! So you can start gaming Friday evening and go on till you drop. As long as you clear our by Sunday.

People with too much time to game, enjoying darts

Thirdly as last year we've had a miniature produced that we're handing out for free to the first 100 participants.

'ere you go:

If you'd like to know more please go visit our web page: www.horisontesbjerg.dk

or bug me about it here on the LAF.

More information will come and I'll keep this thread updated whenever a new game is on the list, something changes or somebody farts.

cheers,

The Horisont IV Team
« Last Edit: September 20, 2012, 03:08:40 PM by Dr. The Viking »
My Empire - where everything I ever did is collected:

http://www.c0wabunga.com

Offline janner

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Laughing Cavalier
Application for a pink chit from the long haired general already in  ;)

Offline oldskoolrebel

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
    • My Campaigns
OOOOOOOOH sounds interesting  :D

How 'English' friendly is it? Especially since like most people from this lonely island, I'm embarrassed to admit that I cannot speak another language.

Cheers
Andy

Offline janner

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Laughing Cavalier
OOOOOOOOH sounds interesting  :D

How 'English' friendly is it? Especially since like most people from this lonely island, I'm embarrassed to admit that I cannot speak another language.

Cheers
Andy

Hi Andy,

As an Englishmen living In Denmark, I can say that you wont have a problem. The majority of Danes have an excellent command of English. In fact they are easier to understand than some Brits  lol

Regards,

Stephen

Offline Dr. The Viking

• Galactic Brain

Language is not what should keep you away.  ;)

I can assure you.  lol

We'll give you a royal treatment if you do show up! 

Offline dijit

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • And when Eric eats a banana...
I'll agree with Stephen and Thorbjørn, language is not a problem, there's a few native english speakers amongst our ranks and then there's the Danes who well speak english like us brits, just more ;)
Duncan

EDIT: just tried to register and it says 2011, do you know when registration is open again Thorbjørn?
« Last Edit: June 25, 2012, 05:41:02 PM by dijit »

Offline knoxville

• Mr. Happiness
  • Mad Scientist
    • ЯEAKTOR.MINIATURES
It's ON!  :o

I was there the day that Horus fell.
ЯEAKTOR.MINIATURES

Offline Dr. The Viking

• Galactic Brain
I'm proud to announce that we will be hosting a Skulldred event on the Friday night at Horisont this year.

All participants must enter a nicely painted 300 pts warband and the best warband/best painter will be found.

There are already several warbands in the making at a local Danish forum but everyone here (who are interested) should of course also have a chance.

The rules are soon available and are currently iin a playtest stage. Check out http://skulldred.blogspot.dk/ for more details.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 10:56:04 AM by Dr. The Viking »

Offline Delaney

• Scientist
  • With great power comes great power bills.
    • Delaney King
Re: Horisont IV: November 23.-25. Denmark. Update: Skulldred event!
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2012, 01:02:27 PM »
Excellent rules choice ;)

I will make sure beta 3.3 is ready and out by then.  I wanna see lots of photos!
Delaney King:  Digital Artist, Sculptor, Character Artist, TransDimentional Spatula Wielder, Sandwich.
My retro mini blog:  http:www.kingsminis.blogspot.com       My own minis and games:  www.darklinggames.com

Offline Centaur_Seducer

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Gubbspel
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2012, 06:57:29 PM »
Hmm, those darn unhandsome Foundry Elves should get a paint drab, just in case ;)

Offline Dr. The Viking

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2012, 07:40:38 PM »
Im happy to anmounce that it seems that we're upping the stakes with a few bederken miniatures for the prize... in addition to my horrifying trophy of course.

Offline Delaney

• Scientist
  • With great power comes great power bills.
    • Delaney King
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2012, 07:00:51 AM »
Damn straight!

Some little lead goodies from BeDerken for the winner and a couple of runner up prizes to be dealt out as you see fit!

This is, officially, the first Skulldred tournament, so take lots of photos so I can be there in spirit!

Offline Dr. The Viking

• Galactic Brain
I am proud to present a real Pirate game at Horisont this year! We will be joined by Frank Bauer and some amazing SAGA action:

Viking attack on the Hamma Burg

In the year 845, when Hamburg was a small and humble village named Hamma Burg, the Vikings sailed up the Elbe from Denmark and attacked the Saxon settlement. This historic event is the blueprint for this presentation.

On an area of 180cm x 180cm in various scenarios, the fearsome Dragon sailing ships and shield walls will collide and the Saxon fortress rampart stormed by wild Northmen.

Figures, terrain and boards are by various talented friends of Frank Bauer but the presentation at Horisont will be by Frank.

Go to the Tactica website to see what a real wargaming convention is: http://www.hamburger-tactica.de/

And here are some photos:

Enjoy!  ;D
« Last Edit: August 06, 2012, 09:07:28 AM by Dr. The Viking »

Offline Dr. Zombie

• Scatterbrained Genius
Looking very awesome!

By Kite ships, you mean Dragon ships right?  ;)

Offline Dr. The Viking

• Galactic Brain
Ah yes of course... I used google translate and gave it a quick read through but didn't spot that one.  lol

#Idiot #me