Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 08:01:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686618
  • Total Topics: 118114
  • Online Today: 777
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Adventures in Gumba! (with a ruthless slaver on page 3)  (Read 9377 times)

Offline H.M.Stanley

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Adventures in Gumba! (First Sikhs on page 2)
« Reply #30 on: July 03, 2012, 10:51:55 AM »
Not at all chap ...

I have Colonial Germans and a separate NWF British/Sikh force that may be posted to Africa ...  :D
"Ho, ho, ho! Well, if it isn't fat stinking billy goat Billy Boy in poison! How art thou, thou globby bottle of cheap, stinking chip oil? Come and get one in the yarbles, if ya have any yarbles, you eunuch jelly thou!"

Offline Galloping Major

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • www.gallopingmajorwargames.com
« Reply #31 on: July 03, 2012, 08:05:14 PM »
Lovely stuff, can't think how I didn't find this thread before now  8)

www.gallopingmajorwargames.com

Offline Remington

• Mastermind
  • Who? Where? Say what now?
    • The Doc's Diary
« Reply #32 on: July 03, 2012, 09:52:36 PM »
Thank you, Major.

Make sure to tune in towards the weekend, as the infamous Abdul Al Hazred, allegedly an Arab slaver, will make an appearance.

By the way, here is the text I posted with my Sikhs on our blog (for the ones too lazy to click on the link ;) ):

It was under the orders of her Majesty Queen Victoria, that Sir Montgomery Hercules Wennthrop, 2nd Baron Wennthrop of Tittleby (also known as Greek-o, due to his middle name) came to Gumba. His mission is to establish and organise the colony of British Gumbaland.

Mbambo, the largest natural port in Gumbaland, seemed like the best solution to establish a base of operations for the British. An active merchant port between Gumba and the Sultan of Zanzibar already, it provides the necessary resources for the planned expansion westwards.

The first Sikhs, coming in from Sudan, have already disembarked and are ready to defend Queen and Country.

A bunch of Askari were recruited in Mbambo as well. Their uniforms, being shipped aboard the HMS Serendipity, were sadly lost when the Serendipity was attacked by pirates. Till new uniforms are shipped to Mbambo, the Askari have been clothed in German uniforms found in a deserted Banana plantation.

Gumba will be civilised; it is Baron Wennthrop's certainty. And given that, ruthless slavers and unruly, uncivilised natives have to be subdued. In the name of the Queen and in the name of God. The Belgian expedition, which is partly funded by the London Museum, is given freedom of movement till then and kept under close supervision. For now Professor van Laakdikten may indulge himself in his delusions of grandeur. The Germans seem to be aiming for the same territories as the British, but Baron Wennthrop is certain that a diplomatic solution can be found amongst "cousins". And those who oppose him will meet his trusted Sikh, resilient Askari and Major Horrace Cope.

Offline Driscoles

• The Dude
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #33 on: July 05, 2012, 08:08:09 AM »
Those Sikhs look great !
, ,

Offline Ray Rivers

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #34 on: July 05, 2012, 10:40:18 AM »

Offline Remington

• Mastermind
  • Who? Where? Say what now?
    • The Doc's Diary
« Reply #35 on: July 08, 2012, 07:35:54 PM »

Abdul al Hazred with his trusted Winchester in front of his Tembe

"About Abdul Al Hazred" by Lughrad Heiping

I can safely claim to have known Abdul Al Hazred, or "The Prophet" as he's known in some parts of Gumbaland, longer and better than any other European in Africa.
Often people have claimed that he is a slaver and a heinous murderer, but these are but malignant characters.
Has anyone ever wondered why there hasn't been a sighting of a slaver caravan around the large ports lately? Even before the British and Germans had arrived and taken over the most important ports, a complete stop in slave trading had taken place in central Gumba.
It is Abdul and his followers that we should be grateful to for such joyous discoveries.
The Reader might wonder why an Arab of all people would accomplish such an act. Arabs are known to be ruthless businessmen after all. Well, I say to such people, because Abdul is a generous philanthropist as a true follower of his faith should be.
Abdul is of the opinion that his Holy Book forbids a true follower of God to enslave other people. Besides he's been witness to many a crime committed by unscrupulous slavers.It was during a slaver run that his beloved uncle was killed and he was torn from his life into the existence as a slave. Allah be praised that he managed to escape.
His cries in the Court of the Sultan of Zanzibar (to which he has family ties) to abolish slavery, were sadly ignored in favour of profit.
Al Hazred has taken it upon his shoulders to end the carriers of such rogues since and to establish a true State of God in the Heart of Gumbaland.
Like-minded people from all around Africa and India are flocking to Abdul and wish to support his noble mission.
I myself have been overjoyed to have contributed to his goal, even if my commitment is nearly always faced with scorn and lack of understanding by my fellow countrymen.

Allah is great!
Yours respectfully,

L. Heiping

Please visit Adventures in Gumba for larger pictures. Next time I'll use photobucket again.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2012, 07:38:15 PM by Remington »

Offline Traveler Man

• Mastermind
    • The Hetzenberg Chronicles
Re: Adventures in Gumba! (with a ruthless slaver on page 3)
« Reply #36 on: July 08, 2012, 08:01:53 PM »
Nice eye-candy figures there! I like the tembe, too.  :)
"It's amusing, it's amazing, and it's never twice the same: It's the salt of true adventure, and the glamour of the game."

Talbot Mundy, The Ivory Trail.

http://ajstable.blogspot.com
http://hetzenberg.blogspot.com

Offline Turbo-Ben

• Scientist
    • Partisan-Con Mannheim
« Reply #37 on: October 20, 2012, 07:25:48 PM »
We have some new pics on our blog that Tankred from Spieltrieb Frankfurt took on the BeST in Berlin.

Offline marianas_gamer

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Our Man on Guam Watchman in the East
« Reply #38 on: October 20, 2012, 11:39:09 PM »
I always look forward to this thread...and now with Cthulu?!?  :-*
LB
Got to kick at the darkness till it bleeds daylight.

Offline Turbo-Ben

• Scientist
    • Partisan-Con Mannheim
« Reply #39 on: February 08, 2014, 05:05:58 PM »
We haven't done much related to Gumbaland in the last couple of months, that had to do mainly with our con but also with me loosing the password for our blog  ::)

But as we're going to play another DA game next week and I'm trying to improve my photo-skills I took a pic of my newly finished Askaris.

Offline Driscoles

• The Dude
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #40 on: February 08, 2014, 08:00:33 PM »
Looks good