Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 09:44:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690814
  • Total Topics: 118353
  • Online Today: 947
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Japanese Samurai Skirmisher Rules  (Read 8503 times)

Offline Rich J

• Scientist
    • My Blog
Re: Japanese Samurai Skirmisher Rules
« Reply #30 on: June 08, 2012, 07:06:24 PM »
Faust - I never thought it was you. Just someone you'd put up to it. 
:)

Any way who cares. Getting in the way of the discussion so I'm butting out.

Rich
Rich J

Offline Black Sheep

• Student
« Reply #31 on: June 08, 2012, 07:26:14 PM »
I honestly don't have anything else constructive to add to this discussion either, so I think I'll also step out in search for a friendlier thread.

Briefly to the OP, though, the system a look. If you don't like it or it doesn't fit what you're looking for, plenty of other fish in the sea!

Offline VoodooInk

• Scientist
    • bombshell-games.com
« Reply #32 on: June 09, 2012, 05:45:31 PM »
Hello All,

I am looking for a Samurai Skirmisher Rule Set, does anyone know of one?

I'll throw my own game HAVOC into the mix. Quite a few players use it for Japanese Samurai skirmishes [ala Nobunaga's Ambition]. It works really well using the Samurai as Named [heroic models] and makes for some epic cut-scenes. If you have any questions, then don't hesitate to ask! :D The Look Inside preview on Amazon.com will give you a good idea of what's inside.
'HAVOC... it's okay to wreak a little!'    <a href="http://www.bombshell-games.com/>bombshell games[/url]

Offline Hoplon

• Bookworm
    • Wargames Euskadi
« Reply #33 on: June 11, 2012, 10:18:13 AM »
If you can make it to read in spanish theres a new ruleset finished not long ago. SENZOU.

Here's the link to the author's blog:
http://senzouwargame.blogspot.com.es/

Offline Henrix

• Scientist
  • Fernwright
« Reply #34 on: June 11, 2012, 10:36:22 AM »
Beautiful book, Hoplon! Any idea of when it'll be out? I can't find anything about it in the blog.

Do you know more about it?
--

Offline Hoplon

• Bookworm
    • Wargames Euskadi
« Reply #35 on: June 11, 2012, 10:55:11 AM »
I have no idea sorry. But I can ask the guy if you want. He is a member of the La Armada forum. I must say he did a pretty nice work with this ruleset, and even though it is not published I think there should be no problem to get a copy from him.

For you to get a general idea I will translate some of the lines that you can find in the blog about the game:

The rulebook is written based on the use of 28mm miniatures, but you will find information on how to play with other scales without big problem.

Each scenario offers a range of points with which to play, lower for the skirmish and higher for Battles. Points will define the size of the forces of the players so that the game is always balanced between the two. Each miniature has a point cost associated, which is indicative of their quality in the game. Also, some troops have different options to purchase upgrades or equipment for an extra cost.

Each model has a profile of attributes that define how good it is in various aspects during the battle. The attributes are: Movement, Combat, Shooting, Strength, Moral and Yu. Except for the Movement, which indicates the distance you move the model, and Yu, which represents the ability of a miniature to perform special actions, the remaining attributes define the number of dice thrown by the miniature to accomplish a specific action.

The system is not the classic game that uses six-sided dice, but ten-sided dice. This system allows for more flexibility in assigning percentages and probabilities, and since it is not necessary to throw a lot of dice at the same time is not a big inconvenient.

In Senzou turns are alternative. Unlike many other games, where a player does all his actions while the opposite is idle, both players take turns to give orders to their troops.

In the game, our general's leadership will be of a great importance. This will influence the number of actions that we perform. It's expected that a bad general will not give us enough orders to act with all our miniatures, while an expert general enables us to act better.

As an innovation, some troops may perform heroic actions that require Yu. There are several heroic actions that improve the movement, combat or leadership of the miniatures, being a very important tactical factor to consider.

That's a general view as you can see. The guys nickname is Glandalf. If you really want it I'll ask him if he wishes to do a pair of copies. Also, if I see that there is a demand large enough I could ask him if he would like to conider translating it from spanish to english.

Offline Henrix

• Scientist
  • Fernwright
« Reply #36 on: June 11, 2012, 11:06:53 AM »
It seemed to me he'd be putting it up on Lulu, but perhaps that was not for sale.

Offline Hoplon

• Bookworm
    • Wargames Euskadi
« Reply #37 on: June 11, 2012, 11:09:12 AM »
Yep, he did it through lulu to see how it was to have it in a physical format.

Offline WuZhuiQiu

• Mastermind
« Reply #38 on: June 12, 2012, 02:56:30 AM »
Thanks for the link about Senzou! Could you please ask the author about when he might publish it?