Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 07:35:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Squat Smugglers *new members page 2* [PICS]  (Read 16397 times)

Offline Dr. The Viking

• Galactic Brain
  • Rowdy, Hostile and Wrong Inc.
    • Dr. The Vikings Miniature Games Hell
Re: Squat Smugglers [PICS]
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2012, 09:03:15 PM »
Thanks both!

I can imagine, it does look a bit rag tag and I don't really have a unifying element in there. It works well enough for me though 8)

I don't think it matters one bit. The bases bring them together nicely and the rag tag feel gives them an old school vibe in my book (may be completely undeserved though.. haha!)
My Empire - where everything I ever did is collected:

http://www.c0wabunga.com

Offline Too Bo Coo

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The Adder Noir
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2012, 10:09:30 PM »
Wow, REALLY great!  Sadly in a galaxy far far away I had most of those figs....

Is there a decent gaming community in your neck of the woods?  Not much action here in Amsterdam.
"A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men."
-Willy Wonka

Offline Pil

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • One shot at glory
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2012, 09:01:07 AM »
Wow, REALLY great!  Sadly in a galaxy far far away I had most of those figs....

Is there a decent gaming community in your neck of the woods?  Not much action here in Amsterdam.

I play weekly with Raz and FM. We also have a gaming store with gaming space and our own forum where we arrange games and such:
http://groningerwargamers.nl/

For Inquisimunda and our weekly get-togethers it's just the three of us though at the moment.
Let me hear the battle cry
Calling on the wind
Let me see the banners fly
Before the storm begins

Offline Too Bo Coo

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The Adder Noir
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2012, 01:07:27 PM »
Cheers!  Just sent in my reg!

I'm not sure at 5 hours retour and 30 euros I could make it weekly, but I think a monthly trip is very possible!

Offline Scarper

• Scientist
« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2012, 09:50:54 PM »
Beautiful paintjob on some really characterful old minis - fantastic group! I wouldn't worry about them looking too uniform either; your painting differentiates them more than enough. Ace!

Offline Gun bunny

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mad Scientist
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2012, 05:51:16 AM »
 :) looks very cool, i like the squats they shouldn't have done them such a disservice.

Offline aliensurfer

• Mastermind
« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2012, 11:43:56 AM »
so, Inquisimunda - is it a homebrew hybrid? If so, any chance of a peak (unless it's in Dutch) at the rules or hints on whta you've chopped and changed?

Lovely group of squats btw. One of the few 28mm things I have kept are my old RT era models - something about them appeals so much more than modern stuff.

Offline Pil

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • One shot at glory
« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2012, 12:22:40 PM »
so, Inquisimunda - is it a homebrew hybrid? If so, any chance of a peak (unless it's in Dutch) at the rules or hints on whta you've chopped and changed?

Lovely group of squats btw. One of the few 28mm things I have kept are my old RT era models - something about them appeals so much more than modern stuff.

It's homebrewn but not by us. You can download the rules here:
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BzKfXx2Gt1WdOGYwYmQ0YTAtYTg3ZS00YmFkLWEyN2MtOWI1MzBiN2I0Zjk4/edit?hl=en_US&pli=1

From this blog:
http://empireofghosts.blogspot.nl/search/label/Inquisimunda

And with this forum to back it up:
http://inquisimunda.proboards.com/

It's an add-on for the basic Necromunda rules. The basic rules of the game are changed very little, but Inquisimunda adds a LOT of new options for gangs, creatures and weapons which really give it the 40k/Rogue Trader feel. There are no scenarios in there so we use those from Necromunda. Since we're with three players we usually plan two opponents against each other and have the third person come up with a scenario, acting as an umpire during the game. For any irregularities and things that are unclear we just make up house rules. Especially the income rules in Inquisimunda are a bit unclear.

Offline Pil

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • One shot at glory
Re: Squat Smugglers *new members page 2* [PICS]
« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2012, 04:59:11 PM »
Hello all, since my last update my merry band of squat smugglers have contracted a few extra members, here's the full gang posing for a picture:

My first addition was the Green Manalishi, a Tarellian Dog soldier with a shotgun and manstopper shells.

Tarellian Frog soldier would be a better description as I used an old Slann model for him. Whenever he gets a skill I will keep on picking agility skills until he has Leap 8)

Brian "loudmouth" Taggart is the only juve ever to have joined my gang from my settlement. Ah well, of course squats mature slowly. He's armed with an autopistol and a knife, as well as a flak jacket.

Dob Heavyworlder is my latest recruit. An Ogryn heavy with a flak jacket (I have yet to find a Ripper Gun for him). Dob wrote "Hants Of!" on his old leather flak jacket as a warning for all stunties who wish to 'borrow' his armour. He wears OGREX track pants and OSA space boots.

Finally here's a 'family' picture with all the members present.

Offline Diakon

• Mad Scientist
  • Fancy a Battlefight?
    • My Blog - Tales From The Lead Pile
« Reply #24 on: July 08, 2012, 05:44:33 PM »
Oh man that warband is looking fantastic now dude. Like the idea of your Tarrelian "frog" Soldier. Good work indeed.  :o

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
    • Blind Beggar Miniatures
« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2012, 08:49:49 PM »
 :-* :-* :-*

Lovely additions, Pil!

I have not seen any of those old 'Space Slann' for ages, it rekindled some fond old memories... :'( :'(

Great stuff!

Offline Steve F

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Pedantic bugger, apparently.
« Reply #26 on: July 09, 2012, 06:01:09 AM »
Nice stuff - dwarfs really aren't my thing, but I'm enjoying all the branding, the personal graffiti, things like the Marlboro packet; it really gives an extra dimension of plausibility.

Offline Pil

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • One shot at glory
« Reply #27 on: July 09, 2012, 07:41:37 AM »
Oh man that warband is looking fantastic now dude. Like the idea of your Tarrelian "frog" Soldier. Good work indeed.  :o

Thanks Diakon! I think the Slann fits the profile for a Tarellian quite well. It's not really in line with any of the art portrayed of the Tarellians but it fits the bill 8)

:-* :-* :-*

Lovely additions, Pil!

I have not seen any of those old 'Space Slann' for ages, it rekindled some fond old memories... :'( :'(

Great stuff!

Thanks! I bought a bunch of seven space Slann so he won't remain alone in his kind 8)

Nice stuff - dwarfs really aren't my thing, but I'm enjoying all the branding, the personal graffiti, things like the Marlboro packet; it really gives an extra dimension of plausibility.

Thanks! I like to add these details to personalise the models and to make them look more rag-tag and less army-like.

Offline Diakon

• Mad Scientist
  • Fancy a Battlefight?
    • My Blog - Tales From The Lead Pile
« Reply #28 on: July 09, 2012, 09:10:48 AM »
ne in his kind 8)

Ahhh Tarellian Frog warband?

Offline thenickeninja

• Bookworm
    • thenickeninja's blog