Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 08:53:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Zombies on Indiegogo  (Read 11487 times)

Offline Studio Miniatures

• Student
Zombies on Indiegogo
« on: June 10, 2012, 01:57:50 PM »
Hi Folks

We have just launched our first ever Indiegogo campaign, the goal of this campaign is to produce the best 28mm multi-part hard plastic modern zombies on the market today. So please visit our campaign on the link below and join in on an exciting new venture.

http://www.indiegogo.com/zombie-miniatures?key=81ed00e95f3da539b972ca49208fc162cfa49c0d

Stuart
Campaign Manager
Studio Miniatures

Offline Raxxus

• Mad Scientist
Re: Zombies on Indiegogo
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2012, 02:02:19 PM »
Awsome, maybe if this project goes well we will se zombie troopers/survivors?

Offline Raxxus

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2012, 03:23:35 PM »
So what type will these zombies be?
Running nes or the classic slow ones?

Offline therepoman

• Scientist
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2012, 05:40:29 PM »
This looks like a cool project. What would help you greatly is some concept art or some sort of indication of what the final product will look like, that will draw a lot more people in, and get them pledging.
post-collapse tabletop adventures: www.wreck-age.net

Offline Commander Vyper

• Galactic Brain
  • Remember Reach.
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2012, 06:47:59 PM »
Hi Stuart,

Your studio miniature metal zombies raised the bar on zed sculpts, (many of them grace my gaming table) but I have to say the plastic german zombies left me cold. They really lacked a certain 'edge' which I hope you can capture with your modern plastic zombies that your planning now.

So I wish you every success with this project, I think that given the current focus on Kickstarter projects people are keen to support new ventures, but as already said, market well and advertise well, you need to draw your pledgers in and currently your z-clips board art is, nothing new mate. So lets have a video pitch, some nice concept art, themes for the parts and some goal targets and pledger engagement which always helps push the funds.

Good luck, suffice to say I will pledge, but not heard of Indiegogo and more used to Kickstarter, wonder why you didn't go for the latter?

The Commander

Now water can flow....or water can crash...be water my friend.
Sifu Bruce Lee.

Offline Raxxus

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2012, 07:01:06 PM »
Hes in the UK kickstarter=US most of the other guys (Zombiecide/Mcvey uses kickstarter but CMON as thier publisher...

Offline Commander Vyper

• Galactic Brain
  • Remember Reach.
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2012, 08:22:08 PM »
Hes in the UK kickstarter=US most of the other guys (Zombiecide/Mcvey uses kickstarter but CMON as thier publisher...

Yup aware of that as I've ordered from them in the past, and indiegogo has the pledge values in dollars too. Also Kickstarter is not a CMON scheme it's Amazon (worldwide).

Anyway my point was that I'd not heard of indiegogo, but lots of traffic on Kickstarter of late. Just to point out, neither are UK specific. But hope the pledges pick up.

The Commander

Offline Dewbakuk

• Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2012, 09:23:29 PM »
I've heard non US companies have had seriously long waits to get any money from the Kickstarter system. I saw one kickstarter item that hadn't got anywhere as of last month (ended in December or first few days of Jan, can't quite remember). The 'comments' section was still active though with the guy running it apologising and saying that they still hadn't been sent the money by Kickstarter/Amazon and therefore couldn't actually do anything.

My guess would be it having something to do with money laundering regulations etc, but I don't know. I have seen comments by a couple of companies saying that because they were in the UK they couldn't use Kickstarter.

All that aside, I am a big fan of the Studio Miniatures modern zombies, but I have to agree with The Commander, the plastic german ones didn't impress me. I'd love to see some concept stuff for these as I have high hopes.
So many projects..... so little time.......

Offline magokiron

• Mastermind
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2012, 10:36:01 PM »
I second everyone's opinion to include some pics of your previous work and sketches of the intended final products.

That will make easier to pledge.

As I'm starting a zombie project, this can be a good way to fill the table, so the more info and images you provide the more interest this project will attract.

Best wishes.
I know you're too old to play with toy soldiers. So give them to me... NOW!

• Student
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2012, 02:15:41 PM »
Thanks for the comments and support guys, we just put the first of many updates and pics online today, pop over and check them out!

http://www.indiegogo.com/zombie-miniatures

Thanks
Stuart

Offline A_Train

• Scientist
    • My Blog
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2012, 05:15:49 PM »
Definitely looks like something worth following.
Will the exclusive character model offered be something brand new, or something from your existing line already?
« Last Edit: June 12, 2012, 12:22:28 PM by A_Train »

Offline Scarper

• Scientist
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2012, 05:53:00 PM »
I signed up. If it's up to the standard of their white metal zombs, this is one hell of a bargain - the first few heads look ace, and could prove amazing conversion fodder if nothing else  lol Would still like a few more pictorial updates though  ;)

Offline Darkoath

• Mastermind
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2012, 09:20:07 AM »
I wish you would add at least one woman zombie torso and legs and the extra bits to do some female zombies. 
There is a real lack of female zombies... would push your start up project over the top for me...

Darkoath

• Student
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2012, 11:43:18 AM »
We had to go with Indiegogo rather than Kickstarter as only US citizens can register to run a Kickstarter campaign at present. The exclusive mini will be brand new but not telling you what it is yet:)
If we hit our goal then one of the stretch goals will be plastic female zombies.

Offline Commander Vyper

• Galactic Brain
  • Remember Reach.
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2012, 01:39:31 PM »
We had to go with Indiegogo rather than Kickstarter as only US citizens can register to run a Kickstarter campaign at present. The exclusive mini will be brand new but not telling you what it is yet:)
If we hit our goal then one of the stretch goals will be plastic female zombies.

All good, just try to mate them a little more animately than the germans, like your excellent metal zeds and you're be home and dry.