Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:12:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Michka's Judge Dredd project (Mongoose Judges and a Jimp added 12-9-2015)  (Read 11946 times)

Offline Michka

• Mastermind
Re: Michka's Judge Dredd project (Photo added on 6/21/12)
« Reply #30 on: June 24, 2012, 04:31:00 PM »
Oddly enough, I just saw an ad for Judge Dredd comics being published in America by IDW, the current publishers of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. They also publish Doctor Who and Star Trek, and they just started putting out a crossover series of that. Looks like this could happen. Scary, isn't it?

Offline aggro84

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Noble Pursuits
« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2012, 04:42:52 PM »
Great thread. I love it!  :-*

Offline Roebeast45

• Mad Scientist
    • Roebeast's Magical House of Sunshine
« Reply #32 on: June 24, 2012, 08:17:28 PM »
I've been trying to convince the editor of IDW to do such a crossover.

It makes perfect sense with the Turtles having travelled through space and time in the original Mirage books. And although Dredd would obviously start off trying to arrest the weapon wielding mutants they would of course have to join forces to overcome Shredder who has been possessed by Judge Death. And we could have Mousers with bear traps like Judge Fear.

But IDW is playing its cards very close to its chest about the Dredd books so we'll have to see. I'm hoping that they start releasing them around the time of the Dredd movie.
"This is no time for ease and comfort. It is the time to dare and endure."

-- Winston Churchill

Visit Roebeast's Magical House of Sunshine! http://roebeast.blogspot.com/
And RSquared Studios: www.rsquaredcomics.com

Offline Michka

• Mastermind
« Reply #33 on: November 09, 2015, 04:07:48 PM »
Call the Exorcist Judges. We have a a reanimated thread here. After more then three years, I finally painted some more Judge Dredd miniatures.

Starting with a miniature that Cheetor sent me long, long, long ago, I present Judge Minty.

Minty is a Cool Mini or Not figure that I was very lucky to get. I was planning to paint him in the same style as my previous Judges, but he just didn't look right in the bright color. Here's a comparison shot with my old paint scheme on the first Mongoose Judges.

And what would Minty do if he didn't have some perps to deal with. These are two Mongoose minis, the Top Dog and the Assassin. (At least I think it's the Assassin. Can't be sure anymore.) Not my best paint job, but these figures didn't exactly inspire me the way the Judge Minty did.

And with no connection to Judge Minty at all, I have Walter the Wobot.

Walter was weally, I mean really, easy to paint. Green Stuffing all the gaps and smoothing out the seam-line across his computer screen was another matter entirely.

Finally, a group shot. 

I hope to have some more Dredd stuff to show off soon. There are a few more Citadel Dredd minis in the pipe as well.

Offline Duff

• Scientist
    • Duff Paint
« Reply #34 on: November 09, 2015, 05:04:39 PM »
Minty is a Cool Mini or Not figure that I was very lucky to get.

No he isn't. He was the 2013 Frothers Charity figure and limited to those who donated £25 to that years charity, so yes, you are very lucky to have one.

Offline Dags

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
Re: Michka's Judge Dredd project (Judge Minty, Walter & Perps added 11/9/15)
« Reply #35 on: November 09, 2015, 05:11:47 PM »
Always good to see a Minty painted  8)

And 'Yes', Duff has it right.

Offline Michka

• Mastermind
« Reply #36 on: November 10, 2015, 12:39:58 AM »
No he isn't. He was the 2013 Frothers Charity figure and limited to those who donated £25 to that years charity, so yes, you are very lucky to have one.

Shoot. Should have known I wasn't going to get that right. Thank you Duff.

Offline cheetor

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Defixum manendum est.
    • sho3box
« Reply #37 on: November 10, 2015, 03:26:23 PM »

Its great to see this project up and running again Michka, particularly with Minty to the fore :)

Offline Michka

• Mastermind
« Reply #38 on: November 18, 2015, 10:05:11 AM »
Thank you Cheetor. You realize I'm back into Dredd again because of you and Mr. Saturday right? So this is all your fault.

I got a few more minis painted recently. I'll start with a couple of Citadel Judges.

I went with the newer paint style, just to see how I liked in on the older minis. I have to say it still works. Here's a comparison shot with two earlier paint styles.

And what would a Judge Dredd thread be without some Fatties? This is actually my second one. I don't see me getting any more though. It was a wild stroke of luck to find an unopened blister at a somewhat reasonable price.

And coming soon, Mongoose Judges.

Offline cheetor

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Defixum manendum est.
    • sho3box
« Reply #39 on: November 20, 2015, 12:08:51 PM »
Thank you Cheetor. You realize I'm back into Dredd again because of you and Mr. Saturday right? So this is all your fault.

Excellent :)  Tharg will be sending me my Intergalactic Groat commission by thoughtmail within the solar cycle I expect ;)

I went with the newer paint style, just to see how I liked in on the older minis. I have to say it still works. Here's a comparison shot with two earlier paint styles.

Both schemes work and both are equally "valid" as far as precedent in the comic is concerned.  More importantly, the both schemes work visually and each shas its own distinct appeal too, lovely.

And what would a Judge Dredd thread be without some Fatties? This is actually my second one. I don't see me getting any more though. It was a wild stroke of luck to find an unopened blister at a somewhat reasonable price.

Those fatties are fugly old sculpts but you have done a great job in that guy.  I like the striped sleeves.  The big seam in the front where the pieces go together has been nicely covered up too.

I picked up a pair of those old Citadel fatties a couple of years ago.  Ill get to them eventually.  They are comically small alongside the colossal Mongoose fatties, but for a concept as extreme as that, it doesnt bother me at all.

And coming soon, Mongoose Judges.

Great.  Looking forward to it.

Offline Michka

• Mastermind
Re: Michka's Judge Dredd project (Citadel Judges and Fattie added 11-18-2015)
« Reply #40 on: December 09, 2015, 03:50:44 PM »
Well it took a lot longer to get these painted then I expected. Here are my Mongoose Judges.

I tried to add some extra green stuff around the waist to bulk up the figure a little bit but I can't see any improvement on either one. I do think scaping down the shoulder pads to flat bars is an improvement. These were some horrible castings, with many chunks of details obscured or missing altogether. Not the best sculpts to start with actually.

Next up, The Jimp.

This was a much better sculpt. I went with the yellow elbow and knee pads as a reference to the Eagle Comics color reprints of early Judge Dredd stories published in America. They always gave the Judges yellow pads instead of green which always set my teeth on edge. I figure a Jimp shouldn't get all the details right either. One more shot of all three figures.

That's it for now. I'm working on a couple more perps for the next installment.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2015, 04:12:46 PM by Michka »