Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 06:46:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686614
  • Total Topics: 118113
  • Online Today: 777
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Michka's Judge Dredd project (Mongoose Judges and a Jimp added 12-9-2015)  (Read 11952 times)

Offline Michka

• Mastermind
I've been working on Judge Dredd miniatures for years and years now. I have both Citadel and Mongoose minis painted, but I couldn't decided which size to concentrate on. Seeing how long it takes to paint Judges, I didn't really feel like painting up twice as many as I would every need. Well I finally decided a couple months ago to focus on the smaller Citadel stuff. I figured I'd have far fewer miniatures to work on over the long haul, since I'd never be able to afford buying more off E-Bay. I'm not finished, but I might as well start posting what all I have.

This also is the premier of my newest method of making bases. I'm using the old style hex bases for these Judge Dredd minis, and any other projects that might dovetail well with the gritty streets of the Big Meg. We start off with all the Judges I have done. There's Dredd, Hershey, Dredd on his Lawmaster, Anderson, and Chief Judge Caligula.

And here we have all four of the Citadel perps I've painted. I only have a couple more to paint, and I don't see me getting many more any time soon.

To supplement the perps, I'm re-basing some of my old Cyberpunk miniatures. Most of these are various Grenadier miniatures, but I think the girl with the mo-hawk is a Void figure.

I wish the photos were better. I guess today wasn't a good camera day.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2015, 04:13:28 PM by Michka »

Offline Commander Vyper

• Galactic Brain
  • Remember Reach.
Re: Michka's Judge Dredd project
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2012, 04:25:30 PM »
Nice mate, don't recognise the perps in the bottom pic, (left and third on the right) where are they from again, (the cybernetic arm could be of use to me with my DEUS EX project.)

Cheers

The Commander
Now water can flow....or water can crash...be water my friend.
Sifu Bruce Lee.

Offline mattblackgod

• Mad Scientist
  • Post Apocalyptic Nut Job
    • Post Apoc Wargames Forum
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2012, 04:42:18 PM »
Sweet stuff!
Mattblackgod's world - Games and minis blog.

Offline The Somnambulist

• Scientist
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2012, 05:09:35 PM »
Nice work, have you any ideas what scenery you'll be using?
I go to pieces so fast that people get hit by the shrapnel.

Offline Michka

• Mastermind
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2012, 05:12:20 PM »
Nice mate, don't recognise the perps in the bottom pic, (left and third on the right) where are they from again, (the cybernetic arm could be of use to me with my DEUS EX project.)

The middle two perps in the bottom photo are from the Grenadier Cyberpunk box set Edgerunners. I have that whole set painted, but I need to re-base them on the hex bases. The girl on the left is probably a Void figure. I think she was from a Militia pack, but I'm not sure. I painted her shortly after reading 'The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo'. No surprise there.

As a side note, the guy with the cyber-arm has "Bath Monster" written on his shirt. Because of that name he's become a thug of some renown in my games. I mean, who wouldn't like to attack a guy named Bath Monster?  

Offline Commander Vyper

• Galactic Brain
  • Remember Reach.
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2012, 05:41:44 PM »
Nice,wonder if we could persuade Doug to cast them again, (the one's that aren't currently of course).

The Commander

Offline elysium64

• Potatoe Cup Holder 2010
  • Mastermind
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2012, 09:08:45 PM »
Nice,wonder if we could persuade Doug to cast them again, (the one's that aren't currently of course).

The Commander

I would certainly be up for one of each of the old Cyberpunk range, I used to have some of these, and regret passing them on.

Offline Roebeast45

• Mad Scientist
    • Roebeast's Magical House of Sunshine
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2012, 11:22:46 PM »
These are really nicely done. The concrete colored bases should blend in nicely on urban terrain layouts. And I still love the Citadel minis, they've got so much character.
"This is no time for ease and comfort. It is the time to dare and endure."

-- Winston Churchill

Visit Roebeast's Magical House of Sunshine! http://roebeast.blogspot.com/
And RSquared Studios: www.rsquaredcomics.com

Offline mpennock

• Scientist
    • Arctic Skunk Shapeways store
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2012, 12:00:33 AM »
Looking good, my friend. We finally get to see Bath Monster in all his glory on LAF ( because everyone knows that Bath Monster is the star of the show - not that pushy Dredd fellow....)  lol

I like the new bases.

Offline cheetor

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Defixum manendum est.
    • sho3box
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2012, 10:21:17 AM »

Cool stuff.

I have a couple of the Citadel Lawmasters that dont fit in with my Dredd stuff (I went the Mongoose and Foundry route).  Drop me a line if you are interested.

Do you plan to do the Dark Judges and Ape Gangsters?  The Citadel apes are particularly fun figures.

Offline Relic

• Mad Scientist
  • www.lead-space.net
    • Personal hobby blog
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2012, 11:43:01 AM »
awesome PJ! I wish there were 15mm Judge dread figures :(  (I know 15mm.uk has some similar).

Offline Michka

• Mastermind
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2012, 03:51:50 PM »

Cool stuff.

I have a couple of the Citadel Lawmasters that dont fit in with my Dredd stuff (I went the Mongoose and Foundry route).  Drop me a line if you are interested.

Do you plan to do the Dark Judges and Ape Gangsters?  The Citadel apes are particularly fun figures.

Thanks Cheetor. I just sent a PM. The only Dark Judge I have now is Death. I don't have any of the Citadel Apes, but I do have the Mongoose ones. I can probably get away with using them instead, since the size difference won't be so telling with a different species. Finding affordable perps has been tricky lately. They exist, but having them sent from England to America eats up any affordability.

Offline oxiana

• Mastermind
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2012, 04:22:36 PM »
Cracking paint jobs – they've come up lovely.  :)

Thanks Cheetor. I just sent a PM. The only Dark Judge I have now is Death. I don't have any of the Citadel Apes, but I do have the Mongoose ones. I can probably get away with using them instead, since the size difference won't be so telling with a different species. Finding affordable perps has been tricky lately. They exist, but having them sent from England to America eats up any affordability.

Probably my dumbest 'I need to have a clean out' mini moment was when I was moving out of a post-student shared house. This is just before the web became big, and I'd collected almost all the Citadel Dredd minis by posting a classified ad in the back of Wargames illustrated and asking people if they were having a clear out. I got loads of replies, and ended up with a big pile. I think I had two complete sets of Dark Judge, the Angel Gang etc, plus sky surfers, fatties, judge on lawmasters.

I painted a bunch, then ended up putting my brushes away for a few years. When I moved house, I gave the whole lot to a friend who was into RPGs, for nothing! And when you see what they go for on eBay now sometimes...  o_o

Offline cheetor

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Defixum manendum est.
    • sho3box
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2012, 04:49:42 PM »
I don't have any of the Citadel Apes, but I do have the Mongoose ones. I can probably get away with using them instead, since the size difference won't be so telling with a different species.

I have two of the three Citadel Apes (not for trade Im afraid) and I plan to mix them with the Mongoose ones too.  I mean, what size is a genetically modified (they prefer "uplifted" now apparently) gorilla or chimp in a suit anyway?

I picked up a couple of the Citadel robots for the same reasons.

I PM'ed you re the pair of Lawmasters.  Hopefully we can work something out.  I would rather that the couple of Citadel bits that I own got the loving treatment that you have given these ones than they sit in my cupboard forever :)

Probably my dumbest 'I need to have a clean out' mini moment...

Ugh.  I hate stories that start like that.  My sympathies.

Offline Michka

• Mastermind
« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2012, 04:58:29 PM »
I'm still not happy with the photos I took yesterday, so here are some I just shot. Hopefully these are an improvement.

As an added bonus, some mutants. These figures were produced by Dark Horse miniatures back in 1985.

OK, so they aren't Judge Dredd baddies, but I can see Dredd chasing the Turtles around Mega City One, can't you?