Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 05:50:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: World Works Games Terraclips Malifaux sets  (Read 7914 times)

Offline oldskoolrebel

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
    • My Campaigns
Re: World Works Games Terraclips Malifaux sets
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2012, 01:32:19 AM »
I briefly used World Work's games stuff a while back. The original sets not the new fancy ones. Back in the days when we had to use paper clips for modular systems!

I really liked the stuff but, the only issue with it was the amount of ink it would eat up. Also the amount of time you spent on a build for it to be relatively flimsy. Still I've got the sets on my PC, I reckon that if i could print them off cheap enough I'd get a wee mini-dungeon crawl going.

Sorry not quite what you had in mind!

Cheers
Andy

Offline robh

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Spanish offworld colonies
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2012, 09:56:11 PM »
 ::)

I gave in....Maelstrom 16% discount plus free international shipping...

Ordered one box of each and 3 boxes of clips. Working on the principle that I am only likely to be making 4x4 tables so am probably not using any box to its full extent at one time.

May regret it, may be the best gaming decision I have made for ages...I will let you know.

Offline YPU

• Galactic Brain
  • In glorious 3D!
« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2012, 09:59:42 PM »
::)

I gave in....Maelstrom 16% discount plus free international shipping...

Ordered one box of each and 3 boxes of clips. Working on the principle that I am only likely to be making 4x4 tables so am probably not using any box to its full extent at one time.

May regret it, may be the best gaming decision I have made for ages...I will let you know.

I have seen a few people trying this stuff out in reviews and the like and often them seem to miss the 3d potential this game has, so all I can say is make sure you go vertical, if you have 3 boxes that should get you quite some impressive settups, make sure to post a picture of some here!
3d designer, sculptor and printer, at your service!

3d files! (here)

Offline Varangian

• Scientist
« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2012, 02:35:10 AM »
I have seen a few people trying this stuff out in reviews and the like and often them seem to miss the 3d potential this game has, so all I can say is make sure you go vertical, if you have 3 boxes that should get you quite some impressive settups, make sure to post a picture of some here!

He's right. To get the most out of them build up a bit... I ran an event, and used them. This is what I came up with, while playing around a bit. This was a pretty simple set up, so keep in mind you can do a LOT more.

Be sure to keep the desiccant! Store the clips and the cardstock in separate containers. Also, you may want to consider building the stairs, and leaving them built, even gluing them together. IF you have the container to store it in it can help...

Offline Legion1963

• Mastermind
« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2012, 08:45:00 PM »
It does but the website is surprisingly enough not available...i just found out. Funny, but i will contact the guy that owns it and see what's happening. I'll keep you posted
Just had an e-mail exchange with the owner of the website and i all goes well it will be up and running by tomorrow.

Offline robh

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2012, 11:15:19 PM »
He's right. To get the most out of them build up a bit... I ran an event, and used them. This is what I came up with, while playing around a bit. This was a pretty simple set up, so keep in mind you can do a LOT more.

Be sure to keep the desiccant! Store the clips and the cardstock in separate containers. Also, you may want to consider building the stairs, and leaving them built, even gluing them together. IF you have the container to store it in it can help...

Great looking scenario, if somewhat daunting for the guys in the building.

How well do the building levels stack. I see from the videos the clips have ridges to stop the layers sliding. Are they effective?

Offline Varangian

• Scientist
« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2012, 11:56:51 PM »
Great looking scenario, if somewhat daunting for the guys in the building.

How well do the building levels stack. I see from the videos the clips have ridges to stop the layers sliding. Are they effective?

Well, they weren't supposed to make it out alive....

I found them to come together really well vertically. My friends and I haven't had any issues with them sliding around, assuming someone doesn't slam into the gaming table...

The clips aren't meant for attaching stories together. The cardstock doesn't have the same notches in that direction as the others. This is specifically so the stories can be lifted off. Still, I've never had issues with the buildings falling down, or sliding around.

Is that what you meant?

Offline robh

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #22 on: July 05, 2012, 12:39:36 AM »
One of the propaganda videos points out a small ridge on the bottom of the clip that is "designed" to stop the upper layer sliding in respect of the lower layer. Not a fixing clip as such, just a small lip/ridge.

Offline Cherno

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #23 on: July 05, 2012, 11:16:57 AM »
That little thing can be seen here: It is designed to "grab" onto an underlying wall.

Offline obsidian3d

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • o2media
« Reply #24 on: July 05, 2012, 04:09:14 PM »
The multi story structures are actually very stable.
obsidian3d
www.o2media.ca

Offline robh

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2012, 10:37:56 PM »
Maelstrom seem to be having problems getting hold of the Terraclips stuff again. Not available from the supplier apparently.  >:(

Offline Varangian

• Scientist
« Reply #26 on: July 07, 2012, 08:39:28 PM »
That little thing can be seen here: It is designed to "grab" onto an underlying wall.

The upright walls are not designed to clip together using these. The tops of the walls don't have the inset notches specifically for clip use. The "T" clips are designed for anything the builder might want to create that has a slat space, with a square corner in the middle expanse. It could be used for attaching walls the way you've described, it would just make it much harder to lift off stories in order to game inside.

Offline Varangian

• Scientist
« Reply #27 on: July 07, 2012, 08:41:33 PM »
Maelstrom seem to be having problems getting hold of the Terraclips stuff again. Not available from the supplier apparently.  >:(

That's odd, as the supplier (Wyrd) has them in stock.

Offline YPU

• Galactic Brain
  • In glorious 3D!
« Reply #28 on: July 07, 2012, 10:46:49 PM »
That's odd, as the supplier (Wyrd) has them in stock.
Actually the supplier is world works, rather then wyrd.

Offline Varangian

• Scientist
« Reply #29 on: July 07, 2012, 11:13:31 PM »
Actually the supplier is world works, rather then wyrd.

If you follow the World Works Games site to "buy it here" it takes you to: http://wyrd-games.net/shop/BUILDINGS-OF-MALIFAUX.html

The Wyrd store. This was a joint project between the two companies, and distribution is being done by Wyrd. WWG had never done a tangible product, this is its first. Which is why if you look at the box it says Wyrd next to WWG.

So... Actually, the supplier is Wyrd.