Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 09:10:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: World Works Games Terraclips Malifaux sets  (Read 7874 times)

Offline YPU

• Galactic Brain
  • In glorious 3D!
Re: World Works Games Terraclips Malifaux sets
« Reply #30 on: July 07, 2012, 10:47:43 PM »
If you follow the World Works Games site to "buy it here" it takes you to: http://wyrd-games.net/shop/BUILDINGS-OF-MALIFAUX.html

The Wyrd store. This was a joint project between the two companies, and distribution is being done by Wyrd. WWG had never done a tangible product, this is its first. Which is why if you look at the box it says Wyrd next to WWG.

So... Actually, the supplier is Wyrd.

Ah, your right, its produced by WW but distributed by wyrd. (which makes sense with WW only selling digital as you mentioned) Then either maelstrom is slow on their updates (has happened before) Or wyrd has store stock but no trade stock.
3d designer, sculptor and printer, at your service!

3d files! (here)

Offline Varangian

• Scientist
« Reply #31 on: July 08, 2012, 01:32:49 AM »
Ah, your right, its produced by WW but distributed by wyrd. (which makes sense with WW only selling digital as you mentioned) Then either maelstrom is slow on their updates (has happened before) Or wyrd has store stock but no trade stock.

It's something that Denny once mentioned was conceived before their TerrainLinx line of products. They just needed a partner, which they found after a few years. It's nice in this case because they can focus on what they're famous for (their gorgeous textures) and play around with some engineering. Their straight fantasy line (the dungeon stuff) that is coming out soon has much more complex shapes involved, which makes me pretty excited.

Robh, there are a couple of us retailers that have them in stock. I would imagine that shipping to you would be a bit rough... Hopefully Maelstrom will get it sorted pretty quickly.

Offline robh

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Spanish offworld colonies
« Reply #32 on: July 08, 2012, 09:41:29 AM »
I spoke to one of the Maelstrom guys. Seems the UK distributor (Simple Miniature Games?) lacks the stock rather than the supplier (WW/Wyrd). Wyrd have a note in the News section of their site saying the things are now "back in stock" which implies that for a while at least they were out.
Guess that my timing was pretty poor.   Still,  given that I have not managed to get a  game of anything since before Christmas a few weeks more is not going to hurt :'(

@varangian....Indeed the shipping is a killer, with the import fees from buying outside Europe on top, plus the surcharge the PO add to the import fees makes it a non starter.