Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:59:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Re: Yeti's Strange Aeons Thread(Flesh Eating Tree and Threshold Agents 02/21/16)  (Read 42090 times)

Offline Yetis Yell

• Librarian
  • All Gamers Must Die
    • Sarcophagi
Re: Yeti's Strange Aeons Thread (1st Scene of Horror 7/10/12)
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2012, 07:42:39 PM »
Thanks for the feedback guys.

Agent Connery stumbles upon a great conjunction on a New York hilltop and knows he just can't get a break.

Up next, my first Scene of Horror. I really like that the Strange Aeons game allows scenes to be whatever you want, model them as such and portray a story.

I covered a CD with textured wallpaper and primed it with heavy duty primer. I then used black primed Mini Mythos markers for the statues, which I arranged with enough room to allow for standard bases to move through the scene.

I painted the statues like bronze and added emerald green 4mm gems for eyes.

From there, it was straight basing of paints and flocks along with homemade bushes. I also made a batch of the same markers on bases, to fill the scene or use elsewhere on the board as pentagrams or whatever. here you see them with the large FFG Cthulhu plastic marker I painted for the Ritual Site, for scale.

Oh... this can't be good.

When I have all three scenes done I’ll post a How To on my blog for them all but for now, enjoy the pics and my fluff for the story behind it, since every scene deserves a story…

There are a series of locations containing elder statues dotted around the world in weird conjunction with each other. The areas these groupings are in seem to resonate with perceptible power. The statues seem to be bronze, with crystal eyes that cast dazzling light in seemingly random directions when the sun and moon is right. Most Threshold agents who were exposed to these groupings directly have subsequently retired due to fits of psychosis, experienced either immediately at the scene or many weeks afterwards. We don’t yet know what their purpose is in bearing or location or what significance they present.

When a group of Threshold agents attacked a statue with a thermite charge at a newly discovered grouping in New York, the local town’s population inexplicably and spontaneously rioted and rampaged until the National Guard, under Threshold direction, suppressed the uprising. Eventually it was reported that similar events happened at corresponding sites around the country and even overseas, at the same time, in apparent connection with whatever disruption the agents caused to some invisible balance.

Even reduced in power, this site is still terribly potent and deadly to all who go near. It remains to be seen if the threat of them would be bettered or worsened with further tampering so for now, they are off-limits and under the secret guard of the Threshold pending further investigation, though that's only for the sites that they know of...

Best,

Yeti
« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 07:47:36 PM by Yetis Yell »
Check out my blog Sarcophagi: http://sarcophagi.blogspot.com/

Offline styx

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Re: Yeti's Strange Aeons Thread (1st Scene of Horror 7/10/12)
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2012, 07:53:51 PM »
Very cool, are the statues glued to the CD or are you able to move them?
Check out my blogs!

Warhammer 40k, Fantasy and more!: http://armyoftheweek.blogspot.com

Warhammer Historicals: Legends of the High Seas and Old West, Gladiator: http://diceoflegends.blogspot.com/

Strange Aeons: http://strangeraeonsadventures.blogspot.com

Offline Yetis Yell

• Librarian
  • All Gamers Must Die
    • Sarcophagi
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2012, 08:32:20 PM »
Very cool, are the statues glued to the CD or are you able to move them?

The statues in the first 4 pictures and the last picture are glued directly to the CD. The others shown that are mounted on GW bases are removable.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 08:34:34 PM by Yetis Yell »

Offline obsidian3d

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • o2media
« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2012, 06:29:46 AM »
The gems for eyes are a great touch!
obsidian3d
www.o2media.ca

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
    • Blind Beggar Miniatures
« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2012, 07:23:17 AM »
 :o :o :o

That looks bloody brilliant!
It makes me want to get on with my own scenes of Horror.
 :-* :-* :-*

Very nice use of the Cthulhu statues, the bronze is excellent.

What are you using for the taller plants/bushes?

Offline Ithaquatini

• Librarian
« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2012, 12:28:04 PM »
Great bronze work!
The little gems on your terrain pieces really make them pop. You get them in the jewelry section of the craft store?
I love the textured wallpaper idea, the way Ive been doing it was alot more messy, great idea!
I like the individual statues on bases, I did that with my Bag o' Cthulhu to use as objective markers.
Once again great work, can't wait to see the next scene!

Offline Enethaeron

• Librarian
« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2012, 03:10:47 PM »
Oh yeah! That is a very good addition to your sceneries and the bronze effect on the statues is very well done. Good work!  :-*

Offline aggro84

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Noble Pursuits
« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2012, 10:31:10 PM »
Nice stuff Yeti!  :-*

Offline Yetis Yell

• Librarian
  • All Gamers Must Die
    • Sarcophagi
« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2012, 03:07:33 AM »
The gems for eyes are a great touch!

Thanks Obsidian!

:o :o :o

That looks bloody brilliant!
It makes me want to get on with my own scenes of Horror.

Very nice use of the Cthulhu statues, the bronze is excellent.

What are you using for the taller plants/bushes?

Bushes are made out of greenstuff, floss and spray paint. I'll post a lil' how-to if people want but I'm sure it's the same as the many methods out there. I like to make my own for variety in sizes and also to control the color.

Great bronze work!
The little gems on your terrain pieces really make them pop. You get them in the jewelry section of the craft store?
I love the textured wallpaper idea, the way Ive been doing it was alot more messy, great idea!
I like the individual statues on bases, I did that with my Bag o' Cthulhu to use as objective markers.
Once again great work, can't wait to see the next scene!

Ithaquatini: Yup, 4mm gems from the jewelery making isle. If you get some for your minis, which I recommend you do, make sure to get the glue on kind, not the "heat seal" kind. Some glues don't like the heat seal backings.

Oh yeah! That is a very good addition to your sceneries and the bronze effect on the statues is very well done. Good work!  :-*

Thanks Enethaeron!

Nice stuff Yeti!  :-*

Right on Aggro!

So, here's a WIP of the 2nd Scene of Horror. It began life as a floss container. You can see the on-going how to on my blog if you want http://sarcophagi.blogspot.com/2012/06/wip-scenes-of-horror-rlyeh-gotta-pee.html but I'll be posting WIP shots here as it develops. This one is a tad more ambitious than the first and the 3rd will be most ambitious than this one (more on that later).

« Last Edit: July 14, 2012, 03:15:47 AM by Yetis Yell »

Offline aggro84

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Noble Pursuits
Re: Re: Yeti's Strange Aeons Thread (2nd Scene of Horror WIP 7/13/12)
« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2012, 03:54:19 AM »
I like it.  :-*
Very nice!  :D

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2012, 05:24:10 AM »
This looks very promising.
Very nice indeed!
 :-*

Offline Marine0846

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2012, 05:00:54 PM »
Some really cool terrain pieces.
Well done.
Lots of ideas in your posts.
Thanks for sharing.
Semper Fi, Mac

Offline Yetis Yell

• Librarian
  • All Gamers Must Die
    • Sarcophagi
« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2012, 05:33:27 AM »
Some really cool terrain pieces.
Well done.
Lots of ideas in your posts.
Thanks for sharing.

You are welcome Marine, thank you for the feedback.

Pictured is my completed starting 15BP Threshold team. First, there is Professor Forsythe III, a civilian armed with .22 revolver. Next is my Character, Agent Connery. He has a bowie knife, twin .45's and two skills: Heroic and Two Fisted (Ranged). Finally we have Agent Giuseppe "Scarface" Petri, armed with .45, bowie knife and Tommy Gun. Agent Petri also has the Heroic skill. (Edit: I keep calling the Lucky skill Heroic.)

They did well their first game, gaining a Map Piece and free Skill while taking no wounds. You can read their fight with the Church of Dagon here: http://sarcophagi.blogspot.com/2012/06/strange-aeons-battle-report-chapter-1.html

Of note: Agent Petri was a pretty badly cast fig. There was so much molten flash on the left side of his face and shoulders that I gave up trying to file and shape his face and just painted it as a mass of scar tissue. I think it worked out ok. I'll get a pic of that up soon, maybe.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2012, 03:29:25 PM by Yetis Yell »

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
Re: Re: Yeti's Strange Aeons Thread (Painted Threshold Team 07/20/12)
« Reply #28 on: July 20, 2012, 10:41:09 AM »

Lovely brushwork, Yetis Yell!

A really great looking team of Agents.
Curious to see what Petri's face looks like, when you get around to taking a picture.

Those Copplestone figures are perfect for use as Agents, all the chaps in our little group have quite a scattering in their teams.
In fact, I have seen exactly those three miniatures this week in three different bands in our group.
Great minds?

Offline Yetis Yell

• Librarian
  • All Gamers Must Die
    • Sarcophagi
Re: Re: Yeti's Strange Aeons Thread (Painted Threshold Team 07/20/12)
« Reply #29 on: July 20, 2012, 01:22:41 PM »

Those Copplestone figures are perfect for use as Agents, all the chaps in our little group have quite a scattering in their teams.
In fact, I have seen exactly those three miniatures this week in three different bands in our group.
Great minds?

Totally!!!