Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 09:14:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: could do with some help  (Read 1881 times)

Offline deathray

• Student
could do with some help
« on: February 16, 2008, 10:36:16 PM »
hi  8) been a long time lurker and thought it was about time i joined. i was wondering if you chaps at lead adventure could help me. i have just purchased some copplesstone predators, that i will probably use in a game of some sort but im havin a hard time finding miniatures suited to test there might against  :mrgreen:  so i was wondering if you could point me in the right direction  :) its not really in the right section but since we are on the topic i was watching the classic film mysterious island and i love the scene where the survivors fight a giant crab :mrgreen: i realised how cool that would look on the tabeltop, but i cant seem to find a giant crab mini =S if you know of any maufacturers that make some type of giant crab mini please gimme linky =D thx

Offline Weird WWII

• Mastermind
  • Keep it WEIRD!!!
    • Weird WWII
could do with some help
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2008, 10:45:54 PM »
We played a game of Weird War II in which the one player played the Germans and another played the Russians in Berlin 1945 and the third played played a Yautya hunting both sides.  Great game and the Yautya went home with several Germand and Russian heads for his collection.  It was hard pressed to get those trophies because they were shooting the Hell outta him but his cloaking device and sheer hunting skills allowed him to get the trophies he wanted.

Not sure what rules you use but I wrote some rules for the Yautya for the Battleground WWII system and you can check them out over at my site.  Might give you some ideas for using them in your gaming.

http://battlegroundweirdwarii.com/rules.html

Brian
Keep it WEIRD!

Offline revford

• Mastermind
could do with some help
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2008, 10:48:49 PM »
TAG, in the Vietnam range have some special forces guys who would look good up against the Predator.

http://theassaultgroup.co.uk/store/home.php?cat=22
Gav Ford
revford@gmail.com

Offline deathray

• Student
could do with some help
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2008, 10:50:01 PM »
woh!  :mrgreen: thats actually a very interesting idea, ill note it down :wink: ( im lovin kong vs the nazis btw hehe) http://www.heresyminiatures.com/hm012.htm was thinking i might use this guy and some of the starship trooper range , . because the game weve decided to play involves a group of unblooded yautja ( if your familiar with the yautja mythos you should know ) goin on basically an initiation test to some back water planet filled with hostile creepy crawlies and big beasties that just want to tear them limb from limb :wink:  should be great fun

Offline Lowtardog

• Galactic Brain
could do with some help
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2008, 12:20:10 AM »
Quote from: "deathray"
woh!  :mrgreen: thats actually a very interesting idea, ill note it down :wink: ( im lovin kong vs the nazis btw hehe) http://www.heresyminiatures.com/hm012.htm was thinking i might use this guy and some of the starship trooper range , . because the game weve decided to play involves a group of unblooded yautja ( if your familiar with the yautja mythos you should know ) goin on basically an initiation test to some back water planet filled with hostile creepy crawlies and big beasties that just want to tear them limb from limb :wink:  should be great fun

For figures TAG do modern Brits and Yanks, Foundry and Copplesotne for near future (including yardies). Killer B Games (Geezers) for 70s gangsters etc.

Other gangs again Foundry street violence range, also Obelisk gang bangers

Ebay for giant crabs, heres one, lobsters too. Also wotrht looking at the Pardulan Scorpion cast from a real one :o

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Salams-Gift-Gallery_Kids-Stuff_W0QQcolZ2QQdirZ1QQfsubZ10QQftidZ2QQtZkm

Offline Lowtardog

• Galactic Brain
could do with some help
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2008, 12:21:54 AM »
Dinosaurs is another excellent option :mrgreen:  throw in some cavemne and bobs your uncle.

Also on humans there are the EM4 Future wars figures the orignal copplestone ones

Offline deathray

• Student
could do with some help
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2008, 01:06:57 PM »
thznkyou for your suggestions  :mrgreen:

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
  • Attic Attack: Mead and Dice!
    • Argonor's Wargames
Re: could do with some help
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2008, 08:05:32 PM »
Quote from: "deathray"
i cant seem to find a giant crab mini =S if you know of any maufacturers that make some type of giant crab mini please gimme linky =D thx

Visit a dime store or a toy store and buy a cheap plastic crab. A quick basing and repaint, and voila, you have your giant crab.
Ask at the LAF, and answer shall thy be given!

Cultist #84