Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 09:46:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Here are some of my STAR WARS miniatures. Check 'em out.  (Read 13088 times)

Offline Scotty Speed

• Assistant
Re: Here are some of my STAR WARS miniatures. Check 'em out.
« Reply #30 on: August 18, 2012, 12:33:26 PM »
http://scottyspeedskillerkustoms.blogspot.com/

Added a few more customs - Wookiee Cyborg, Nagai Blademaster, and a few others.
It's not enough that you succeed, others must fail - Atilla the Hun

Offline Vongoosewink

• Librarian
    • http://www.crocodilegames.com
« Reply #31 on: August 20, 2012, 01:17:39 AM »
Brilliant custom jobs!  Nice to see the West End 'Darkstrider' minis in there too, you are a man of excellent taste!

Offline Major_Gilbear

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • God-Emperor of Dune
« Reply #32 on: August 20, 2012, 09:03:18 AM »
Wow, a very nice collection!   :-*

If I can ask, where do the grey-painted slotted based bases on the Engineer and Wookie below come from please? Or did you make them yourself (in which case: how did you make them please!)?

Offline Scotty Speed

• Assistant
« Reply #33 on: August 20, 2012, 10:01:40 AM »
I painted those miniatures so long ago that I don't remember to tell the truth.  I believe they were made by Micro Art Studios.

Offline Michka

• Mastermind
« Reply #34 on: August 20, 2012, 08:04:28 PM »
Speaking of bases, how much difficulty do you have with removing the integral bases from the West End Games/Grenadier miniatures? I just removed the bases from two Stormtroopers and it was not fun. Not as bad as removing the Leading Edge bases from Aliens, but a lot more work then I expected. 

Offline Scotty Speed

• Assistant
« Reply #35 on: August 20, 2012, 08:12:43 PM »
Speaking of bases, how much difficulty do you have with removing the integral bases from the West End Games/Grenadier miniatures? I just removed the bases from two Stormtroopers and it was not fun. Not as bad as removing the Leading Edge bases from Aliens, but a lot more work then I expected. 

Lead is very soft and is really easy to cut with sprue cutters.  I just cut around the foot as close as possible and then Dremeled the foot down to the right thickness.  Don't use a stone, I used a large endmill.

Offline Michka

• Mastermind
« Reply #36 on: August 20, 2012, 08:32:46 PM »
Lead is very soft and is really easy to cut with sprue cutters.  I just cut around the foot as close as possible and then Dremeled the foot down to the right thickness.  Don't use a stone, I used a large endmill.

I think it's time to buy some new sprue cutters. That's close to what I do, but instead of using a dremel tool I use an Xacto blade. It's probably time to buy another Dremel anyway. I get results, but I'm looking to improve my speed. I have a something like eighty painted Stormtroopers to re-base, along with at least that many Rebels, Imperial Army regulars, Rogues and such.   

Offline No Such Agency

• Scientist
    • Painting Agency
« Reply #37 on: August 21, 2012, 01:44:10 AM »
Wow!  I just saw this thread and I'm amazed by the sheer volume and quality of your work.  The SW universe has a lot of room for eclectic characters and you sure have a diverse cast of them.  Though it's also nice to see familiar faces (or, helmets) as well.  I particularly like your Boba Fett and Leia/Boussh which are excellent.

I've posted a link to your collection on my own blog, I hope you don't mind the plug :)

Offline Scotty Speed

• Assistant
« Reply #38 on: August 21, 2012, 09:18:41 AM »
Wow!  I just saw this thread and I'm amazed by the sheer volume and quality of your work.  The SW universe has a lot of room for eclectic characters and you sure have a diverse cast of them.  Though it's also nice to see familiar faces (or, helmets) as well.  I particularly like your Boba Fett and Leia/Boussh which are excellent.

I've posted a link to your collection on my own blog, I hope you don't mind the plug :)

No, not at all, glad you liked them and thanks for the compliment.

Offline Commander Vyper

• Galactic Brain
  • Remember Reach.
« Reply #39 on: August 21, 2012, 01:41:55 PM »
I think it's time to buy some new sprue cutters. That's close to what I do, but instead of using a dremel tool I use an Xacto blade. It's probably time to buy another Dremel anyway. I get results, but I'm looking to improve my speed. I have a something like eighty painted Stormtroopers to re-base, along with at least that many Rebels, Imperial Army regulars, Rogues and such.   

I did a bit of cut and drop on some of mine, cut the base shape out of the slotta and dropped the mini in. Stormtroopers are one of the worst based ones, some of the feet are a little ...odd ;) Others just sharp clippers and sanding blocks. Exacto??? erm no.... not if you don't wanna be counting the fingers you haven't got, leave that in the box mate.

The Commander
Now water can flow....or water can crash...be water my friend.
Sifu Bruce Lee.

Offline Dr. The Viking

• Galactic Brain
  • Rowdy, Hostile and Wrong Inc.
    • Dr. The Vikings Miniature Games Hell
« Reply #40 on: August 21, 2012, 05:27:07 PM »
To think that I passed on the entire collection of the old rarities once. Argh!

Lovely lovely paint jobs!  :o
My Empire - where everything I ever did is collected:

http://www.c0wabunga.com

Offline Scotty Speed

• Assistant
« Reply #41 on: August 24, 2012, 07:56:19 PM »
To think that I passed on the entire collection of the old rarities once. Argh!

Lovely lovely paint jobs!  :o

Thanks!  The West End Games miniatures are pretty easy to find on Ebay, with the exception of the Tauntaun, Darkstryder Crew #3, and Cantina Aliens #2.  The Cantina Aliens blister pack is actually for sale right now on Ebay if you're interested.

Offline Michka

• Mastermind
« Reply #42 on: August 25, 2012, 04:14:06 AM »
Thanks!  The West End Games miniatures are pretty easy to find on Ebay, with the exception of the Tauntaun, Darkstryder Crew #3, and Cantina Aliens #2.  The Cantina Aliens blister pack is actually for sale right now on Ebay if you're interested.

Don't forget the legendary AT-PT. The only one I ever found was a badly recast miniature that annoys me every time I see it.

Offline Scotty Speed

• Assistant
« Reply #43 on: August 27, 2012, 10:54:05 PM »
Don't forget the legendary AT-PT. The only one I ever found was a badly recast miniature that annoys me every time I see it.

Yeah, I have a WEG original lead miniature and I still had to rebuild the front of one of the legs.

Offline Scotty Speed

• Assistant
« Reply #44 on: August 31, 2012, 12:58:19 AM »
bumity-bump - Check out these miniatures and let me know if I should take more pics of my ridiculous obsession.   :D