Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 11:03:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Good news for WWI Middle East Fans  (Read 7885 times)

Offline Helen

• The Grey Heron
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
Good news for WWI Middle East Fans
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2008, 07:41:16 PM »
Quote from: "soapy"
It looks like we are on the same page regarding Ottomans and I fancy doing some arab types. The snipers are already on my brief.

As for the Allies we are sticking with ANZAC troops to start with but they are by no means fresh off the boat. For both the Turks and ANZACs we are going for a very lived in look. These chap are not in tropical undress type uniforms they are barely in unifirms at all! The ANZACs will be living up to their nickname of the naked army (although not completely) and the Ottomans are all based on photos from the period where they hardly look like they have a complete set of kit between them.

No plans for Frenchies just yet although I quite fancy doing them, that and some Brits although we haven't discussed Highlanders.

Stay lucky,
Soaps.
TWDC

Hi Soapy,

Thankyou for sharing your overview for this range to us folks. Its also nice to know that someone else in the world has an interest for this sideshow.

Is it possible to share some photos of the upcoming figures here on this forum as this would be very nice.

As a holder of many 100s of ANZACs and Turks I'll be looking forward to seeing your range in the future.

God Bless.
Best wishes,
Helen
Love many things, for therein lies the true strength, and whosoever loves much performs much, and can accomplish much, and what is done in love is done well (V van Gogh)

Offline soapy

• Librarian
  • I sculpt therefore I eat.
    • My blog, sometimes work, sometimes play.
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2008, 11:14:27 PM »
As soon as I have some to show you I'll post them up here. At the moment they are just bits and peices of people and don't really show off what the range will end up like. In a week or two I will have some finished figures to show you.

Thanks for the interest, it's been six years since I sculpted the Turks for Battle Honours and it'll be nice to go back to them with a bit more sculpting experience.

Stay lucky,
Soaps.

Offline Helen

• The Grey Heron
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2008, 11:24:19 PM »
Quote from: "soapy"
As soon as I have some to show you I'll post them up here. At the moment they are just bits and peices of people and don't really show off what the range will end up like. In a week or two I will have some finished figures to show you.

Thanks for the interest, it's been six years since I sculpted the Turks for Battle Honours and it'll be nice to go back to them with a bit more sculpting experience.

Stay lucky,
Soaps.

Thankyou Soapy, That would be super 8)

I do have  a number of your Turks from that range mainly artillery crew. My friend Drew has a number of your Turk infantry. You may have seen some of these on this forum.

As a collector/gamer/researcher I'll be looking forward to seeing both the ANZACs and Turks.

God Bless

Offline WillieB

• Mastermind
  • Gotcha!
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2008, 05:43:04 PM »
Guys, you're making it even worse with your wishlists.

I had already computed that a single extra mortgage would suffice,  now I'm not so sure anymore.

Well, all will be forgiven after the first batch of  Turkish Lancers
Panic, Chaos and Disorder. My job here is done

Offline soapy

• Librarian
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2008, 06:12:15 PM »
Quote from: "WillieB"
Turkish Lancers

Oh Willie, you kidder! :)

So far Turkishg Lancers are the only ones not mentioned on my 'probably going to sculpt list'.

I hope Darren doesn't read this...

Soaps.

Offline dominic

• Mastermind
    • http://www.napnuts.com
« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2008, 11:14:15 PM »
Ooh yes! Turkish Lancers, Australian Light Horse firing line, and a railway track!!

Offline Helen

• The Grey Heron
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2008, 11:43:05 PM »
Quote from: "dominic"
Ooh yes! Turkish Lancers, Australian Light Horse firing line, and a railway track!!

Hi Dom,

Soapy needs to get over ANZAC cove first :lol:

Offline mariebuchel

• Schoolboy
« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2008, 02:43:10 PM »
Quote from: "Helen Bachaus"
Hi Soapy,

Thankyou for sharing your overview for this range to us folks. Its also nice to know that someone else in the world has an interest for this sideshow.

And you might be surprised to see how many of these 'sideshows' will get covered in due time by the WHW WW1 game. And I will not break any secret by telling you that some of these have never been covered by any wargame rule/supplement as far as I know or at least, not with the depth that is planed.

Well, it's a WW1 game, not simply a '1914-1918 on the Western Front' game after all!  8)

cheers
Alex

Offline Hammers

• Amateur papiermachiéer
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Workbench and Pulp Moderator
« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2008, 02:53:01 PM »
Quote from: "dominic"

...and a bicycle. Red. With training wheels. And handle tassles.  :)

Offline Stecal

• Scientist
    • Pictures of my minis
« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2008, 04:04:32 PM »
Any chance of doing some stuff for the Dunsterville Expedition in Iraq?

I have no idea what Iraqi Tribesmen look like at the time, but I am sure it is nothing like the currently available figures for Turks/Palestine Arabs.
Clear the battlefield and let me see
All the profit from our victory.

Offline harmonkeys

• Assistant
  • aka Scott Pasha
« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2008, 04:58:37 PM »
The new Foundry book on Risings and Rebellions has good info on "Iraqi Tribesmen". The Iraqi Bedouin and Arabs could definitely be represented by Brigade and Battle Honours Arab figures, the Kurds on the other hand...One can only hope. (Frankly I would love to be able to game Persia but I can't see anyone putting out South Persia Rifles figures.)

AS for a wish list. I will definitely be buying some (prob'ly lots of) Turks from the new line I would love to see
Highlanders in Tropical Uniform,
Turks in Arab Headress,
Turkish Mountain Guns,
Brits in mixed winter uniform (Palestine, see that famous photo of the mayor of Jerusalem surrendering
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d42/thedards/SurrenderofJerusalem.jpg

Thanks
Scott

Offline Plynkes

• The Royal Bastard
  • Elder God
  • I killed Mufasa!
    • http://misterplynkes.blogspot.com/
« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2008, 05:22:17 PM »
Quote from: "Stecal"
I have no idea what Iraqi Tribesmen look like at the time, but I am sure it is nothing like the currently available figures for Turks/Palestine Arabs.

In the few pictures I have of Iraqi Arabs they aren't noticeably different to the irregulars of the Arab Revolt.

On the other hand, there is enough variation in the appearance of the Sharifian irregulars that some of them don't look anything like the Brigade figures either.
With Cat-Like Tread
Upon our prey we steal...

Offline Aaron

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2008, 06:40:53 PM »
Hmm...I wonder if some of thisstuff could be used for gaming some of the skirmishes Hopkirk talks about in "Like Hidden Fire".

Offline soapy

• Librarian
« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2008, 07:14:01 PM »
Did someone say Iraq... :lipps:

Offline Helen

• The Grey Heron
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2008, 10:51:03 PM »
Quote from: "mariebuchel"
Quote from: "Helen Bachaus"
Hi Soapy,

And you might be surprised to see how many of these 'sideshows' will get covered in due time by the WHW WW1 game. And I will not break any secret by telling you that some of these have never been covered by any wargame rule/supplement as far as I know or at least, not with the depth that is planed.

Well, it's a WW1 game, not simply a '1914-1918 on the Western Front' game after all!  8)

cheers
Alex

Thanks Alex,

Nice to know whats on the agenda for the future 8)

God Bless