Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 08:30:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Community help for my lowly Robotech project.  (Read 992 times)

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
Community help for my lowly Robotech project.
« on: July 24, 2012, 06:28:33 PM »
So, as mentioned in another thread - I've begun collecting the ever-expensive Macross/Robotech models and miniatures in 1/200 with the hopes of hosting some Con games.  I am tracking the info about the potential Palladium miniatures, but I'm going to concentrate on my models for now.  If miniatures are eventually released, I'll take advantage of them.

So, for the community help...

In simplest terms, the game is run with action cards.  Each player (UEDF "UN Spacy", or Zentraedi) draws three cards at the beginning of the game.  Once the game starts, each player will draw one card from their deck - then play one.  This goes back and forth until the game is over (decks reshuffled as needed).  Now, the majority of these action cards are activation cards - allowing the player to activate (move, move and fire, etc.) individual mecha.

However, the rest of the action cards are special cards.  These are special tactics, strategies or events which can effect the game.  So...hoping there are enough Macross/Robotech nutjobs here, I'd like to ask for some input.  I'm not going to be selling this game or making any profit, so this is all simply for the game's sake.

The special cards can be removed or added to the deck for scenarios, so each card does not have to be available for every scenario or game.  I'll give you a couple of examples I've come up with.

UN Spacy:
+Cat's Eye Recon flight (reveal opponents action cards)
+Monster II artillery barrage (off-board artillery)
+"Secret Weapon" (Minmei psychological attack - reduces all Zentraedi Morale levels etc.)

Zentraedi:
+Gravity Mines (all veritechs must go to ground, etc.)
+Orbital strike (off-board artillery)
+Micronian Spy (reveal opponents action cards)
+Hidden Battlepods (place two additional battle pods anywhere on the board)
+Reveal ace pilot (upgrade one unit's pilot to "ace" skill level)

I'm just looking for a variety of ideas to help get me going.  I'm rewatching the animated series for motivation.  If anyone is a Robotech/Macross geek, please feel free to chime in.

Cheers,
Curt
2024 Painted Miniatures: 203
('23: 159, '22: 214, '21: 148, '20: 207, '19: 123, '18: 98, '17: 226, '16: 233, '15: 32, '14: 116)

https://myminiaturemischief.blogspot.com
Find us at TurnStyle Games on Facebook!