Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 11:14:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690760
  • Total Topics: 118348
  • Online Today: 947
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Tombs Of Terror A pictured Pulp Novel in .45 Adventure  (Read 7131 times)

Offline Driscoles

• The Dude
  • Galactic Brain
Tombs Of Terror A pictured Pulp Novel in .45 Adventure
« on: October 12, 2006, 09:20:08 AM »
Jacqueline lost  ground under her feet and the control of her body. She fell forward, turned over and vanished into darkness. “ALLLLLAAAAAAAAAAAAAN.” His name echoed through the tunnel. Cobwebs touched her face, she felt roots and tasted dust. Than there was nothing.

Something touched her face. Someone whispered her name. It felt like someone spoke through cotton wool.
« Jacqueline…Jacqueline… Its me Alan. Are you ok ?”
Slowly her consciousness came back.
“Where are the others ? N`Gono ?”
Alans eyes blackened with anger.

Tigory pushed M`Basa forward. For hrs they searched there way through the underworld. They passed secret doors, hidden traps and killed some of those weird Giant Apes but havent found the Holy Chamber yet.
“Quick, we have to be quick. I want to be out of this maze before darkness.”
“Carefull master. Evil magic here. We all cursed”
“ You stay back . MacGrath leads now.”

“Alan, are you sure that this is the right way ? “
“ Yes ! Don’t you feel the light breeze ! Pssst….what was that….”
Glowing green eyes glistering out of the darkness. A gargling chatter sent shivers over Alans back. He could hear the creature tiptoeing clser. He touched the Golden Idol that was around his neck and felt its growing warmth than Jacqueline let loose a terrible scream.

They moved forward. Tigery had the feeling that the scream was right beside him. “ Give me the torch you scoundrel “ He felt like drunk now. He could feel that he was close to what he dreamed of since he was a child. Since he found that book in his grandfathers library. Sweat was dripping down his nose.
“ Be careful, Sir “ Jenkins said
“ Leave me alone….we are so close. There it is….The great chamber. Damn it….that cant be….” he stuttered “Move forward and kill them …:”

Shots popped out of the darkness like yellow tulips. There echoes rang through the great hall like freight trains in a tunnel. There was madness and violence all over. Alan Nolan didn’t understand why the Killer Ape did not attack them. Instead the beast turned and run towards a group of shadows that just came out of a tunnel.

“Jacqueline, take cover “ He ran as fast as he never ran before. He jumped forward and pumped a few shots out of his Irish Webley and hit a man with a yellow hat who looked at him with astonishment before he collapsed. Alan hit hard on the ground went up grabbed Jacqui and both took cover behind a pillar. “How many shots left Honey ? “

Suddenly silence. Was the fight over ? For the Ape it was. It lay dead on the floor. Its fury body lay over M`Basa who had a massive wound in both legs. His breathing was heavy.
“This makes no sense Mr. Nolan. Sooner or later we will get you. And I promise you Mr Nolan, my men will take good care of Mademoiselle Beaufait….”His laughter sounded rough and merciless. “ Just give me that idol and all will be fine. I will be generous and maybe you can keep your guns “

He knew it was a worst idea. But he had no chance. They surrendered and in the moment he  gave the Ido to Tigery  he knew it was a mistake.  “ Rope em to the pillar, than follow me “ Tigery hissed
“But the woman ? “
“ The woman Jenkins ? When we have the Idol we can have all women “
Jenkins grinned and followed Tigery to the Bronze Gate

After Tigery put the Idol into the gate it opened slowly like a demons jaw with a cracking, scratching  sound that reminded him of chalk on a blackboard. First he was dissapointed. There was no gold or jewelry in the room. All was dark, there was dust, cobwebs all over. The place was a mess. They moved slowly into the large chamber. There were statues on the walls who looked like black dragons with silver breatplates.”You will lead the way MCGrath” Tigory comanded. “ But be careful. There could be more traps in here “
“So, why don’t you lead the way?” McGrath spoke with a shaky voice.
“Hahahahaha” laughed Tigory. “What is that ? A revolution ?”
MC Grath worked his way forward. Every step calculated he was very careful. His body on alert. But the danger came not from the floor. It came from above. He walked passed a small stream of light that came from a crack in the ceiling and by lots of tiny little mirrors this little ray way guided down here below. When MCGrath heart the small crack it was almost too late.
With a hissing sound a dozen little arrows hailed out of the opene dragons mouth. If he wasn’t trained on the battlefields of the great war were he avoided the devastating machine gun fire of the Germans by running zic zac he would be dead but this special Prussian training saved his life.

“ I know I could count on you. McGrath”
McGraths finger searched for a smoke. He was shaking all over and sweat dripped of his face.
-This mean bastard is even more worse than those darn Krauts in Flandern-he thought.

They came to a large sacorphagos. It was all over covered with signs and symbols. Tigory tried to read the inscripts but didn’t understand the writing. They searched for more traps, but couldn’t find anything. “This grave is save”

Meanwhile Alan and Jacqueline freed themselves from the ropes around her wrists and ankles. Alan searched for there guns. But they were gone. “ Damn it….” Carefully and without making a sound they tiptoed to the open gate.

“One more push, come on you wimps….Don’t let me do all the work alone….Are you men or what ? “ With a heavy thud the great stone fell of the sacorphagos. The grave robbers were blinded by the shining red light of the largest jewel they ever saw. It hung around a neck of mumified, long dead and forgotten King who  once ruled a kingdom in the Hyborean age. Sheer madness glistering in Tigorys eyes. “ Finally its mine…..” He grabbed the Jewel and took it of the Mummies neck. “ Its mine….Iam a King…Iam the ruler of the world ….”

“Look Alan they found the sacorphagos. Those stupid grave robbers. They didn’t read the signs on the stone. God help us. “

“ NO ITS MINE…”

A deep voice echoed through the cavern. The Mummies arm reached out with lightning speed and sinked his arm into Tigorys chest. The sound of splintering bones was terrifying.  Tigory died with a surprised look on his face “ Iam…Iam…Iam….King “ he stuttered before he fainted.

Jenkins and McGrath cried in terror and fear. They were completely surprised by something that could not be.

“Help me Jacqueline. We have to bolt the door. When its closed Don’t forget to take the idole key. See were greed leads to, Tigory. Hope you learned your lesson “

The last thing they saw were the pleading look in McGrath eyes.

Thanks for reading.
Will be continued.
Björn
, ,

Offline Prof.Witchheimer

• Elder God
    • Back of Beyond
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2006, 10:24:48 AM »
Wow, awesome report, like an Indiana Jones film  :D Thanks, Drisco!

Will we play the next sequel in Berlin?

Offline PeteMurray

• Parapsychologist
  • Scatterbrained Genius
  • Cardinal Murray
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2006, 01:00:54 PM »
Move over Bob Howard! Great game report and neat pictures! Thanks, Drisco!

The Darkest Africa figures look great in this game. Where'd you get the baboon mini?

Offline Malamute

• Prince of Darkness
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
    • Boot Hill Miniatures
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2006, 01:13:03 PM »
Excellent stuff, great photos too.  :)
"These creatures do not die like the bee after the first sting, but go on age after age, feeding on the blood of the living"  - Abraham Van Helsing

Offline Driscoles

• The Dude
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2006, 03:05:22 PM »
Thanks guys,

the baboon is from Ral Partha I think. I have it for some time. The figures look pretty scary so they became my Killer Apes. There were  two of them in a blister.

Björn

Offline Operator5

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The Silent Sentinel
    • Rattrap Productions LLC
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2006, 04:10:52 PM »
Your reports keep getting better and better. Thanks so much for sharing. And the pictures to go along with it really bring the whole game alive for those of use unable to be at one of your events.

Thanks!
Richard A. Johnson
On Facebook: Rattrap on Facebook

Offline dominic

• Mastermind
    • http://www.napnuts.com
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2006, 01:54:13 PM »
Great report!  I like your writing style!

Offline Driscoles

• The Dude
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2006, 02:20:29 PM »
Thanks again Guys.

We had some awesome Pulp Games directed by Grimm over the weekend in Berlin. Those were fun. I think the Reports will be online soon.

@ Pete again : Regarding Baboons
I just bought me some baboons at Obelisk miniatures. There are six of them in a blister and they look nice.

Cheers
Björn

Offline PeteMurray

• Parapsychologist
  • Scatterbrained Genius
  • Cardinal Murray
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2006, 03:51:27 PM »
Oh man, I need baboons. And Obelisk is Josef Ochmann's company, isn't it? He's always been one of my favorite sculptors because I love the old Metal Magic lines.

Aside from .45 Adventures, some of my Darkest Africa games could be "improved" by randomly adding nasty baboons. I think the other players would enjoy that.  :twisted:

And will someone post some Berlin pics? We're dyin' here...  :)

Offline Driscoles

• The Dude
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2006, 04:19:09 PM »
Hi Pete,

The baboons are really worth it. And its Josef Ochmanns Company and Sculpting. And he is one of my favourite Sculptors too.

Berlin Pictures are on the way. I will do a Darkest Africa Report and the others will do the .45 Adventure Report.

Unfurtanetly we have to work sometimes....

On Sunday they played Chaos in Cairo. Maybe someone will do also a report about this game.

Björn

Offline Prof.Witchheimer

• Elder God
    • Back of Beyond
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2006, 04:44:10 PM »
Quote from: "Driscoles"
On Sunday they played Chaos in Cairo. Maybe someone will do also a report about this game.

yes, we'll do it, me or Grimm, we'll see. I've got lots of work now and have to do overtime in the office but definitely until end of the week.

But in advance, that were absolutely amazing three 45A games, now I love 45A :love:  Great work, Rich, thumbs up!

Offline dominic

• Mastermind
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2006, 04:48:28 PM »
Yes, the Pulp reports are my responsibility!  I have just received a ton of photos from the Prof which I need to sort out first!  Sorry for the delay.  

Meanwhile you can see some of the Darkest Africa pics here:

http://www.napnuts.com/gallery_darkafrica01.htm

Offline PeteMurray

• Parapsychologist
  • Scatterbrained Genius
  • Cardinal Murray
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2006, 06:04:49 PM »
Sorry if I sounded pushy! It's just there are so many brilliant painters and gamers, and you sounded like you were having a good time. It's always fun to see what people are playing.

That Darkest Africa game, for example! Dominic, those figures and the terrain look great!

Offline Driscoles

• The Dude
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2006, 10:33:43 PM »
Hi Pete....
youre not pushy...probably only american  :mrgreen:
Tease....
I will do the report for the African game asap. I really want to have it finnished up to the weekend.
I think we all need a kick in the butt sometimes. Especially some guys from Hamburg with .45 gamepictures and fun pictures from us lead lunatics Iam dying to see....
Björn

Offline dominic

• Mastermind
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2006, 11:04:39 PM »
Pete - see the new thread - Doc Thompson and the Lost Temple - for the first Berlin report