Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 05:36:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690726
  • Total Topics: 118343
  • Online Today: 947
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: 5 new investigators plus 20%+ sale announced by Black Cat Bases.  (Read 6797 times)

Offline psyberwyche

• Mad Scientist
Re: 5 new investigators plus 20%+ sale announced by Black Cat Bases.
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2012, 11:01:19 AM »
Hate to sound stingy, but the postage rates put me off. I just went all the way to checkout for Fort and Lovecraft, entered the code, and the cheapest postage cost more than the two figures! Compare that to a Perry Miniatures order I placed yesterday - 6 figures with 79p postage.

I know Black Cat aren't unique, and I'm sure they pack things very well, but I know it doesn't cost more than £3 GBP to send two 28mm figures, and doubling the cost of my order is enough to persuade me not to complete the purchase.

Offline fairoaks024

• Mastermind
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2012, 12:26:43 PM »
if they are sending recorded it'll be about that, i know the cheapest 1st classs recorded packet is £3.65.

regards

jim
Cult of the black goat cultist No.10

Offline styx

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2012, 02:27:13 PM »
Hate to sound stingy, but the postage rates put me off. I just went all the way to checkout for Fort and Lovecraft, entered the code, and the cheapest postage cost more than the two figures! Compare that to a Perry Miniatures order I placed yesterday - 6 figures with 79p postage.

I know Black Cat aren't unique, and I'm sure they pack things very well, but I know it doesn't cost more than £3 GBP to send two 28mm figures, and doubling the cost of my order is enough to persuade me not to complete the purchase.

I order international so I eat the Air rate but still it is worth it for the prices. That sounds about fair based on rates international, I know all stuff shipped to me has been well packed and in boxes. Even if something is a bit off, I have to consider things like going to the Post Office and such to send the shipments off...gas and such is not free.
Check out my blogs!

Warhammer 40k, Fantasy and more!: http://armyoftheweek.blogspot.com

Warhammer Historicals: Legends of the High Seas and Old West, Gladiator: http://diceoflegends.blogspot.com/

Strange Aeons: http://strangeraeonsadventures.blogspot.com

Offline einarolafson

• Mastermind
    • Einar Olafson Painting
« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2012, 01:54:22 PM »
Oh yes beautiful paint job :D, now get on with the rest ( only joking) lol
Ben

;)

Cheers.

Offline einarolafson

• Mastermind
    • Einar Olafson Painting
« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2012, 12:49:06 AM »
And Charles Fort:

Offline Jonas

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • OUT OF PRINT!
    • Deathworld Adventures
« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2012, 10:43:52 PM »
Very nice. I am hoping to have some of those in my birthday packages soon :)

Offline Mathyoo

• Scientist
    • My blog here!
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2012, 08:41:59 AM »
I've finally settled on some investigators, fishmen and such! Werevolves look a bit thin on the waist, but well, as I was right in the middle of the spree...

Anyone knows how tall those are?

Offline styx

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2012, 02:21:28 PM »
I've finally settled on some investigators, fishmen and such! Werevolves look a bit thin on the waist, but well, as I was right in the middle of the spree...

Anyone knows how tall those are?

Mine is not together yet, should be soon (maybe within a week). They are slightly taller than the average human figure when I was testing the bits together (figure I will pin the torso and legs to give a stronger bond)...they are a bit thin as you said but the sculpting was done to keep a realistic human looking were more than the oversized classic werewolf many other mini makers make.

Offline cp models

• Scientist
    • checkPoint Miniatures
« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2012, 09:17:47 PM »
Cracking figures & some great painting too

Mark

Offline Dolmot

• Mastermind
« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2012, 08:51:58 PM »
Hello

I got my stuff today. The lead itself (or whatever) looks nice. However, there's something that doesn't feel exactly right to me.

The order mostly consisted of single adventurers. Each of them comes in its own, huge blister. In practice it means that:
  • You could almost fit a pair of shoes in the shipping box.
  • I had to pick it up from a post office 3 km away as there's no chance of it fitting in my mailbox.
  • Next, I'll spend 15 minutes tearing the packs open (and probably some of my fingers too, thanks to the razor-sharp edges).
  • All that plastic junk will fill my trash bin to the brim.
  • I don't think there's even any useful information such as product code in the blister - although I admit the safety instructions are handy. ;D

All in all, the blister packaging seems to have very few benefits in online sales. You spend time packing them and then I instantly reverse the process here. It feels unnecessary and wasteful to me. Can/should I put "plain lead only" to the comment box next time?

Offline Mathyoo

• Scientist
    • My blog here!
« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2012, 10:13:47 PM »
I got the similar idea when I saw the blisters, but I must say I found them pretty easy to open.

Offline styx

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #26 on: September 17, 2012, 02:12:50 AM »
They was easy to open for me also, not nicks or problems...

When they ship to me overseas they usually merge a few things in a blister to save space in the box to keep to a single size to avoid going too large and paying more shipping. I am also someone that has now started to take blisters like there that I can reuse (just started this practice with my last order) then I pack figures in them and ship them off to keep the safer. Just recycle...

As for the blisters...from what I understand BCB do trade shows in the UK, thus you want to have a nice presentation in those cases, something easy to rack at a show to save space and makes theft harder at those events. A baggie with staples with a card on top like many companies (Crossover and Knuckleduster come to mind) are almost 100% mail order thus they can take a cost saving method like that.